6.8 Update: Treasures & Temptations

4th battle is still a ‘regular’ Explore battle though? So we should be seeing merchants upon finishing this battle? Not any others in the run though.

3 Likes

Yet, the link you provide says:
“There is a 15% chance to encounter one of the 4 random Wandering Merchants at the end of a regular Explore Battle or a non-Boss Room Battle in Delves.”

And as per the screenshot, there are 4 regular explore battles.

:blush: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

If intended, then miscommunication of design feature, now somewhat rectified (it could just maybe be clearer in the first instance, before the added dot points, which sometimes get missed – e.g. “the first 3 battles of an Explore run” rather than “non-boss… [exception]” or “regular Explore battles… [exception]”).

If unintended, then it’s (a) desired (or unimportant / difficult), aka ‘feature’ or (b) undesired, aka bug.

They’re often a bit opaque / twisty about whether or not things were intended… but there’s often no real way of knowing, aside from (or including?) what we’re told.

My guess is unintended (a) difficult / unimportant? Maybe they even realised when designing and decided it wasn’t worth trying to change… Maybe they even adjusted the encounter rates accordingly (:thinking::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m just imagining Mr Burns as Mr Snrub – “Yes, that will do.”):

316082 (1)

I could understand not wanting to wade into players feeling like they’re owed a 15% chance on the 4th battle based on the initial communication, especially with everything else going on (including other bugs of implementation) and some people wanting the option to not have the Wandering Merchant offers at all.

6 Likes

An improved phrasing could be something like “between non-boss battles”, to help convey this does not include the battle immediately prior to the boss (at least in Explore runs; in Delves you can fight the boss room at any time once unlocked).

That’s a dead horse by now, but since you poked it:

My take

Good:

• Level up the dungeon for increased resource rewards (colored jewels/diamonds) + occasional Treasure Room giving free rewards
  • Able to fight the bosses in any order
  • New Mythic Troops and Weapons

Bad:

• Gem Dragon teams were literally copy-pasted from the previous Mega-Boss teams with at least two of them (Rubirath and Garnetaerlin) losing the entire team synergy as a direct result
  • Trap rooms are not fun (particularly Jinx and Curse), get sprung too often, and there is (by design!) zero ability to strategize around them
  • New Dragonite reward is all-or-nothing with no intermediate payouts to incentivize playing the mode otherwise (for players whom Dragonite is the only new thing to acquire)
4 Likes

Is everyone’s Labyrinth banner +2 green +1 red now? Just noticing this with this update.

Be careful with the medal offers. Some of them are only for Tokens, which are definitely not worth the price!

1 Like

Yes, they gaslighted us on this being a bug (Salty long ago said the +2/+2 was deliberate) in the previous update.

8 Likes

Thanks. I did a search here and couldn’t find anything about it.

1 Like

2 Likes

alan:
You’ve included boss fights. Dust did not. If we take those out of the equation, the total number of fights is 184, making it:
merch 3,8
genie 4,9
demon 0,5
angel 2,1
total 11,4

[Edit: And if we only look at the first three fights, the number would be 138, landing you at a surprisingly close 15,2%.]

Please ask the dev team to give us the option to disable wandering merchants if we don’t wish to be bothered with them. Maybe some people like it and aren’t bothered by it, but it is technically a spam feature.

2 Likes

Updated eligible game count to 3 battles (in light of official information that battle #4 can never spawn merchant) per explore run (plus some delves runs), so it seems I’m above average expectation for the time being.
I’ll probably go to 1,000 eligible games for a nice, round number and then drop the counting.

First elephant in the room - Genie and Daemon. Once in a couple of blue moons they might be usable in pure faction delve run, but every other time - especially in explore - they are utter rubbish, complete and annoying waste of time and clicks as I would never - not now, not tomorrow, not next week, not in a million years - want to accept their goods.

Merchant and Angel are nice, there are some really good value and reasonable value offers (for example, color deeds for a total 2500 gems per book - I will not take every single one that comes across, but fairly regular buy-in is certain), however, another elephant is hiding in the bushes…glacially annoying animation.
I’m not totally opposed to a slow-ish game, but only if I choose a slow-ish team, artificial, out-of-game slowdown pushed upon me is not something I appreciate. Cutting out the animation completely would be the least thing to do - just present a selection screen immediately as battle ends.
Honestly, all this implementation is so awkward, but I don’t think there is an easy and straightforward solution. I’ll just need to learn to swiftly, at a glance distinguish, as I perform my normal clicking in explore, between Genie/Daemon (and click on “yes, leave this junk”) and Merchant/Angel (but here it would still be an extra click on “no, go back to look at their stuff” instead of seeing their offers immediately).

7 Likes

Iv shortened it in another post.

Daemon and genie
Fun possibly usable in delves.

In explore useless, there designed for possible buffs.
But no one does explore without a team that is guaranteed win.
Its thd grind mode, so genie and daemons.
Useless time consuming annoying.
Garbage.

Well, I don’t agree because of simple fact.
They could not touch dungeon at all and we would gain nothing from it. It would be just 3 fights each day like for previous 6 years.

Because of simple change they added some ‘thrill’ to dungeon. Of course it’s not perfect, but it can now be fixed easily. Just the idea was a bull’s eye.

I didn’t force buying dragonite, I decided to make it slow, just with the flow of the game. I just got my 5th dragon yesterday and because of my poor luck it felt really good.

1 Like

Did the update somehow roll back the error you fix with Zhu’kari’s Kingdom Pass troops?

It’s now showing blank and placeholder image again, like it was using incorrect directory.

Not a big issue though, just a visual bug can be solve easily on server side. Still would like to see them unbroken again. :sweat_smile:

Mine are fine. :thinking:

The buffs/debuffs also do not stack. I received a debuff (-10% from some stat) from a demon deal early in a delve, and was met later with a genie who threatened the same debuff, then gave me it. No extra punishment! This kind of sucks. I wanted to eventually have a super lucky run where I was getting +10 on purple matches or something crazy.

Overall, I’m enjoying the new mechanic. I grind explore quite a bit, but it is not my life’s work. The grind is far more rewarding with random Anu tokens from time to time. I think it will be a good equalizer for mid-level players to catch up, as they can purchase needed deeds from the merchant.

2 Likes

This has been a great addition!!

3 Likes

The hardest choice of my entire life.

Are the rewards completely random?

3 Likes

Yup I was even offered 3 Nysha Tokens by The Angel. Spoiler:I took the tokens, ikr