6.8 Update: Treasures & Temptations

Since I’m nearly done with my dragon nonsense I will say that again.
How often will a dragonite offer even appear? And how will the exchange price be? How many completely useless offers will I have to click away instead that only waste my time? Yeah, I’ll say it again.
The Wandering Merchant System - Just more nonsense to click away, wasting time.

2 Likes

Instead of using level, they could use renown. The point being, they could tune gem deals better if they wanted to. I’m at maximum renown (90,000), which gives me 68 random ingots a day. I haven’t needed ingots in years.

You get ingot deals when you don’t have enough fully upgraded weapons for a kingdom. The problem is, I’m guessing most people stuck there either need the weapon itself, or they need forge scrolls for doomed/cursebreaker weapons, and ingots don’t help in either case. The ingot deal is the most annoying for me right now, followed closely by the single event key deal.

1 Like

Playerbase for years: There are entirely too many clicks involved in explore.

Devs: Have another couple of clicks

15 Likes

Also, kinda expected the 4 Wandering Merchant to be a new troops, oh welll…

Mercy for Angel and Shahbanu Vespera for Genie fit very well though, there is nothing else that work better.

Helgor the Guardian for Daemon is a curious choice though, when there are multiple Daemon/devil-like troop to pick from. I guess he does look like traditional Lucifer, so that’s something. It’s a bit weird now he was picked for both this and as enemy in Delve’ Gnome room.

I’m not a fan with Finley for merchant. I guess there is not a lot of options, but this upcoming City of Thieves’ Deep troop will work a lot better.

Spoiler

3 Likes

OMG, makes more sense. :woman_facepalming: Why not put him in? Why? Because of it being a secret? Are they going to use him? Can someone petition for this guy to be the merchant? Devs, make this happen. I don’t trust Finely, and never did since the game came out, and still don’t :sweat_smile:

I vote for this guy, come on devs. How do you guys choose to do the things you do? (If he’s gonna be the guy, I’ll shut it, if not, make it happen) :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just make it that way if you click ESC it instantly displays the offer instead of slow animations, and Im OK with that.

There’s a slow animation? I think, I got into skip mode instantly (and from there back to the select screen) each time so far, as I am used to clicking the collect button after a fight.

Don’t know, if I should have strong feelings in any way about this update. Some very neat stuff for a good price (and/or for gold as a general cheap throwaway ressource), but it won’t suddenly make me grind more.
I doubt, the demon/djinn stuff will make delves easier, and for explore there is just no reason to pick it in the first place, so it’s just there.

I still got my doubts, if it is a good idea to implement more and more ways to gain dragonite, when there are limited uses. Either it will end up the next minor traitstone, or they will add new drains on it when the endgame whales all got their diamantina teams. Neither sounds good.

Besides that, as usual I am not happy, that there are more achievements added into the existing fold. From what I can say, on Steam, reached achievement percentage is often seen as a more significant number than total achievements, so bringing in new ones means to push players backwards from the point they have reached so far, and to force players to keep playing, by turning a “finished” game into an unfinished one.
At least, it’s ones, that are uncomplicated to get, and no troll stuff (after all those years, seeing the Geoff achievement still makes me annoyed).

Haha holy moly the attitude some folks have here! :rofl::rofl:

Update comes out, first comments be like “this is trash!!”

When it comes to updates, this is actually a good one. Sure, it slightly slows down your usual grinding but the loot you can get are actually useful!

12 Likes

I wonder… are there midgame players, who could benefit from a demon/djinn offer in an explore 12, or should we expect, that nobody is going to pick those outside of delves anyhow, and therefor it would be better to remove them from the explore table (and maybe halve the encounter rate there, so that merchant grinding does not become too extreme from it)?

1 Like

My Merchant rate is %6 so far, not %15 (102 non-boss fights)

Fights KP Merch. Genie Daemon Angel
102 Total Merch 1 3 1 1
5,88% 0,98% 2,94% 0,98% 0,98%
3 Likes

Genie/Daemons are too inconsistent to plan around to play with as a winning boost where it would actively be the make or break to a successful explore run.

Most of them don’t hurt to have though and even the negative effects are things that can be shrugged off.

But… they’re there so that players aren’t only getting Merchants and Angels.

1 Like

One of the best Updates so far. Finally the people will be rewarded who play a lot and good to FINALLY boost their Kingdom. I would therefore like to express my praise to the developers. :+1:

13 Likes

Please ignore the whiners. Their sole existence is to whine about everything. This has been a great update. It makes deed farming possible. I thought you so called end gamers always complained you couldn’t get enough imp deeds or books to up your kingdoms? This gives you just that and you don’t have to play arena. You can just blast through e1 using you 20k score team and spend you huge gem stash at a reasonable price. 1000 imp deeds is 250k gems. Come on, which end gamer doesn’t have that or the tribute income to support that.
Kudos to the devs.

9 Likes

Has anyone had a merchant encounter on the fourth battle of an explore run?

I’ve done hundreds of runs but am yet to get an encounter on the fourth battle.

Just to clarify, I mean any one of the four possible encounters.

1 Like

Really good update ive got a few suggestions which could make it better, but not not willing to post them in a forum… :slight_smile: best drop so far epic vault key from angel… nice :wink:

Actually while being an endgamer myself, I still don’t have enough gems or gold for those offers because of 5 years without a proper guild. I’m using my gems for every offer that brings me weapons or pets. Besides events in general. And also not the time to stop once or twice every explore run while boosting through. No matter if it’s explore 1, 5, 9 or 12.

This has nothing to to with whining, it’s basically mentioning that (even though farming deeds etc might be a good thing) it’s slowing down any progress of those, that play explore a lot.

Just saying.

As others have mentioned, even if some prices are higher than usual, this does technically make some time-walled resources farmable without flooding the economy with easy access.

Yes, it does slow E1 farming teams a little bit, but for a chance for an imperial deed or other rare resources depending on your progress is worth it imo.

4 Likes

Probably the real odds are 1 in 15 instead of the posted 15% :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It looks like the event can’t spawn on battle 4 (because the game is displaying the miniboss popup), on the miniboss battle, or on the boss battle, which is not how it was described.

This means you have a 15% chance for each of the first 3 fights in a run, which drops the average spawn rate significantly. Assuming the numbers are correct.

If you’re doing e12 runs and usually fighting the boss, you’ll get a merchant after 7.5%ish of battles.

2 Likes

one issue i have with this update is the dragonite offer is the same rate as the daily. If i was buying dragonite daily i would be tempted but i am not pumping gems into the RnG slot machine.

1 Like