4.7 Update (Patch Notes)

Thank you! must’ve been my mistake, so it’s just ranked PvP is where it got crazy.

There was supposed to be a little more exploiting involved. Reading between the lines, players intentionally lost Ranked PvP to lower their base score from 600 to 0, then only got matched against first day players in Casual PvP?

I see, blimey. Then surely it would have been better to just stop that situation so scores remain constant and broadcast it with the full information.

I still can not update my steam version. How can I solve this problem?
I have already tried to delete steam cache and verify files. It doesn’t work. Is there anything else I can do? Or just wait.
UPDATE
The problem is solved by changing the Internet provider.

I don’t know how you would prove the nerf hit ranked PVP. I just know it went from my favorite game mode to now what do I do lol. I seem to be earning around 40 percent less if I play ranked .

1 Like

That naturally happens as the week goes on if you only do casual pvp. Depending on my defense losses, I could easily be 0 ranked without intentionally losing.

1 Like

It definitely is, apparently having spent $600 doesn’t make it mandatory for everybody to agree with you though.

But it also doesn’t mean that your voice is worth more than ours. Welcome to the Internet, where you tend to get the response you need, not the one you want.

6 Likes

Next time, direct your ire at the people you paid that $600 to that disappointed you. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

It’s just, have you missed the overwhelmingly sour response to the epic task rework and beta testers saying they weren’t fans of it either? It’s not a great update by any means.

2 Likes

This was a nasty surprise — not mentioned prior to patch, or placed in the official patch notes.

2 Likes

Listen just post bomb like teams. Maybe one bomb, two sacrifice, and a lame weapon so even the higher ranked defensive will be easy. Simple fix to their fix

1 Like

You sound like the guy at the strip club who gets mad at the stripper for not going home with him after spending hundreds of dollars on her.

Spending money doesn’t allow you to be an ass to others. Regardless of the platform.

Had you been on to forums for longer than a minute. You’d see days worth of content complaining about 4.7 ever since the first spoiler image about it.

But unbelievably, we didn’t even know about the worst part of the update until it came out.

It’s okay that you don’t have time to read about GoW or interact with the community more. But don’t act like you know what the hell you’re talking about then.

Ignorance is a plague… That evidently even $600 can’t solve…

7 Likes

This is not the first time something got nerfed, got hundreds of negative feedback, and our communication ninjas went into full ninja mode - hiding in the shadows and pretending to be invisible.

Arguments and forum posts didn’t work on worst nerfs that we got served with before (endless opponent cascading, LT reward nerf, now 30 LTs less).

Can we guys be a real community and show our real opinion in a way that will possibly force developers and publishers to listen:

1. Put up an easy to win defense with 4 different troops so that we ourselves fix at least a tiny bit of what we are losing

2. Stop spending real money on the game - let devs know how it feels like when your gold suddenly gets reduced. Sorry, I also feel exploited with this update, now have less money cause of that

3. Give worst possible rating to the game - it is reversible if they decide to do something about it

15 Likes

I’m not afraid of them taking away my honor points. Could care less about their social penalty system so I can say how I feel. While I never causal only rank 3 trophies so this doesn’t affect me ,if someone wants to sit and grind lower defenses and be bored for hours more power to them. To blame players for their system that was left in place for years shows what they think of their players. You are all just money revenue sources. Including me I’m at VIP 17.5.
Again if we all just start setting our defense to crap teams that easy to beat just to help out our friends that love gold farming and have been doing so for years now

8 Likes

Ok, did a test, I managed to get a PVP team to 15230 by putting in a level 15 common Valraven or a level 10 Coin Purse untraited.

I faced a PvP team with 13498 score, (note within 2k range) firebombs and the gold is actually scaling incrementally within that 2k range.

1,500 gold image

So I only got a percentage of the gold bonus, so there will be an absolute limit where you will get 2k+gold and it is not within 2,000 pts.

So I wasted some gems and gold, 1 gem (!) and a few hundred gold to get an opponent with 13969 vs my 15230, so 1,261 less. That opponent gives 1,568… I managed to find another, and boy did it take a few attempts, to find a team score of 14589 and that gives +1803, so 631 points still does not give 2k…

I don’t know what now determines the power, but the 14589 was 10 levels less and a meta team with uprated elite troops and it’s not giving 2k gold.

2 Likes

#workingasintended
the higher your level is, devs wants you to earn less gold. idk what the reason is… slowing your progress down perhaps?

3 Likes

The higher level you are the less money you spend on the game. You collected tons of resources already. Collect most of the troops so there is less need to spend real money. They want to slow down players from becoming end gamers that way you spend more money on keys, gems, etc etc.

Been reading through all this. What is the significance of having 4 different troops on D vs 4x firebombs? Im missing something.

The devs set it up already so you can’t see too many 4 bombs so work around their system by using other troops

2 Likes

If they want to nerf easy defenses, stopping players from using 4 copies of an easy troop would be one way to do that, kind of like how 1-troop defenses got nerfed a while back.

Setting a variety of easy troops is a lot harder to nerf because they’d need the system to detect specific troops or specific setups in order to nerf it.

[edit] Word is already spreading across multiple Discords encouraging players to set 4 random easy troops as their pvp defense. I’ve never paid much attention to this previously but I seriously hope it takes off this time. It’s the only tool players have to speed up matches to try countering gold value nerfs.

5 Likes