4.6 Update Patch Notes

I can see more medals appearing next patch.

Tiered pvp and gem costs for such stuff as medal of curse/stun etc.

You can see where it’s going, and it’s not somewhere pleasant.

I’ll gladly walk away when pvp has a cost to play.

The thing is, what is the overall point of the later rewards? Let’s face it, why bother with L20 kingdoms or L20 kingdom levels. The gains are so marginal in reality - it’s just not worth it. If it gates something, so what. Hard to have that attitude when you’be played and progressed, which is a player’s nemesis - which is what get’s you to continue as always.

Now if we had that attitude - we’d all fare better with the infinite sink just added. It’s new, it’s better than old explore but it has a see through veneer - it’s curtailment.

Devs imho have to be careful here on in. I don’t care if I’m not the target audience - or whether they do what they do, but it will turn people away if they are not careful. Any new players will also soon be put off by the overwhelmingness created in the name of stunting acquisition/gain.

All this is is an infinite sink.

We aren’t going to see proper changes to delve, it’s not happened yet. It’s a few measly stats and you spending your gold on ever diminishing returns.

Here’s a thing.

Why do we have double empowered lamia in faction delves? Did you notice the change to Naga Queen a couple of patches back? It was altered on the pretext that it shared the colours of Tai Pan…

However it now is not blocked on blue by Lamias in delve and converts yellow to their colours. If the devs were serious about fixing delve, that would not have happened.

When you run faction 500 and see double Lamia, it’s one lost daily sigiI. I got it 2 in a row yesterday, followed by the dragon fountain team with Divinia’s reflect on 3 troops after 4 turns.

They made faction delves harder when at the same time said they were too hard. Potions became a master stroke.

3 Likes

If you think about it. This game has now blocked us at a pay wall in a way. We may not see it now completely. Wait till 5.0. This uber grinding is stupid. Especially for paying customers. I am at vip 7. I have spent more money on this than I have on all games in my life combined. But, I did think it was worth it. But, honestly… Not anymore. I think I made my last flash offer or any purchase for this game. Explore is kinda broken in a way. Now you have 4 battles then a mini boss and maybe a myth boss. And that annoying new context menu. No need for a confirm ok crap for telling you made it to a mini boss and or myth boss. A simple super small floating text string would all that is needed. That takes more time. I understand the concept. But, in this game… This kind of grinding just doesn’t work imo. Way too much. I would almost rather play legendary… Well you know the other game lol. Anyways, this might kill this game imo. Way too much grinding. Sorry, but you wont see a penny from me anymore. Even for mid to late game this is way too much. I pay to excel not to be teleported back 100000 years. Just saying.

1 Like

You can completely cheese the fights though with troops like Scorpius who deal lethal damage to poisoned troops. D12 is definitely the optimal difficult. I mean, if I could go HIGHER, I would, because enemy health and damage simply means nothing against my composition. On 4/5 matches, all enemy troops get stunned (Obsidius) and poisoned (Euryali). Then anything that’s Impervious or has Fortitude I apply curse (Essence of Evil). Then I kill with Scorpius. It’s very fast.

What are you talking about? What pay wall has this new update done? Absolutely none. You still don’t have to pay a dime to play this game. There is no “content” that is hidden behind paying. You can literally get every troop, weapon, etc. in the game without having to pay anything. This is one of the MOST free to play games there is.

It does remember, but the difficulty is remembered per kingdom. That way if one kingdom is more difficult than another, it doesn’t automatically start you at the highest one.

Like I said you will see. And also the reason is the super uber uber uber long gindfest. This amount of grinding was unheard of just a year ago. This will require paying out more than usual as there is now even more to pay for. Sorry, even as a free play… I will not spend 10000000000000 years grinding. Again, like I said you will see. Prove me wrong. Get all badges, troops, etc etc etc. Oh and also those new kingdom upgrades which you can only improve properly by paying real money now instead of grinding a year or more for. No thank you. This is a slap in the face to paying customers imo. Now we have more hell to deal with.

IMHO. We should get paid to play this game now as it is now a job or chore. Even more than before. Many have paid for things on this game. And until now, it was all worth it. Now tho, nope. All chore job filling crap. This has now become a people slave game. Was a real choice before. Now… Unless you want to spend 10, 000 years on full completion… Well, you all do that if you choose.

Nothing in 4.6 makes it pay to win.
They just “flipped the castle” on us and made the game twice or three times as long as it was before.
But essentially giving medals to troops literally does nothing more than give a 20% boost to skills that aren’t even useful for most of the troops.
So basically it’s like their event week all the time once they are super charged.
I pay money in the game to make it a faster and more enjoyable experience.
Nothing about medals does that outside of the Mana and magic one. But again we’re looking at 20% difference that can be grinded for… No need to pay for it.
It’s a cool addition without a subtraction.

11 Likes

I like the update.

As a long time player for over three years this adds a lot of content to spend time on. Of course it’s too much to grind for now, but the same could have been said about ingots or traits when they began.
I am pretty sure some additional ways to earn medals will appear over time.
And the way this game moves forward no one but the most dedicated players/payers can finish everything on time.
Everyone can concentrate on the part he or she likes. For example, i have collected all troops and nearly completed the factions, but i am a very lazy pet hunter due to personal time requirements.
But that’s the great part about GoW, different approaches and fun for everyone.

My thanks to the development team!

4 Likes

if you in a top guild you cant ignore modes , you allways want to do the same amount like others are doing in your guild or you making them leaving your guild. and sadly this explore thing doesnt give you trophies, so people get hindered doing there reqs. at least thats what happens in my guild

Thanks for answer. And yes, it seems you are right. I was able now to test it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did anyone else gloss over this when they first read it and then become disappointed when their medals became less effective after buying the first enhancement?

I wanted to fully upgrade my Wild Knight, to have a little more edge in Pure Faction Runs. I got my extra Medals of Cedric all ready to go (9, total, I figured, because the first enhancement cost 3) only to find that, if I use 3 Cedric Medals for the silver enhancement, I only have a 50% chance of my 20k souls and time spent grinding Explore actually amounting to anything.

No thanks.

4 Likes

Thoughts on the topic:

1 Like

I was confused by your experience, until I remembered that Wild Knight is an Epic.

They’re really trying to force players to use higher-rarity medals for the higher-rarity troops, it seems. The gambling system seems pretty pointless - nobody should be gambling 20k/30k souls on an upgrade, even for something like an 83% chance of success.

2 Likes

But souls farming has been removed now that the Warlord difficulties don’t apply anymore. :-1:

2 Likes

you can continue to cultivate souls

Warlord 4, TDS and 3 Faros, level 3

1 Like

Yeah, with a bug.

3 Likes

Every 5-6 fight in Explore comes the difficulty window why?
It just annoys you every time and slow down while farming. :rage:
Press like an idiot fast x Button (PS4) and nothing happens.

2 Likes

It is supposed to. It happens when related to attack.

It does not matter at all. After farming morr than 16M Gold from explore level 12, since it was releases, it just dropped Yasmine, cedric and anu’s tokens. I mean, it was not possible to get a single medal of Nysha. Frustrating. Well, it is really all about (un)luck.
The problem with it is that Explore is too boring already at this point. Despite playing with cards like Zull or Yasmine, it seems I got back to firebombs for farming tokens (ok, not traitstones anymore). I mean, not even a single medal of Nysha! Frustrating.

1 Like

It’s not impossible to get Token of Nysha, just more or less RNG for different players.
I just managed to get my first Medal of Nysha after many many hours of grinding.
Here’s my total haul I got along the way.
Gaard 61
Yasmine 62
Cedric 119
Aranaea 36
Anu 18
Nysha 9
A total of 305 token all from level 12 grinding. Around every 6th or 7th chest was one with three token, so that’s roughly 130-140 chests opened.