4.5 Update Patch Notes

1 Like

I had the same issue on Android. I had to uninstall/ reinstall to get this working again.

1 Like

I dont think i am being rude, but each to their own. I do not see a reason for the update to not simply be forced for everyone, so we can start getting any small amount of deeds we could. But hey, if you think this is ok, then keep enjoying it :slight_smile:

Ofc he’s enjoying it, while we get “osom” minor runes and so he can get gems (like he got yesterday or so) and at same time he wont miss any deed seen there wont be none until everyone is forced to update.

Nothing uncommon tho, in pretty much every game i’ve seen is like “exploit as much as you can anyway you only gain from it”.

2 Likes

This is a super minor complaint but here goes.

If it doesn’t change, it’s certainly not the end of the world but I don’t like seeing both loading animations at once. I like them both but one or the other on screen at a time please.

9 Likes

Kimgdom pop-up changes, and now it requires two movements (on Xbone and presumably PS4 also) to get to “Explore”. Which is surely why people are opening the kingdom pop-up, nearly all of the time. I found it absurd that the cursor started on “Quest” even though there was no quest, and hoped it would be fixed. Now I see that it’s gone the opposite direction of making the most-used thing harder to get to.

3 Likes

This is a very reasonable complaint, and it shouldn’t take too much effort to fix. If you can get a dev to add it to the to-do list it should be an easy quality-of-life change for 4.6.

2 Likes

4.5 hurts. It failed to deliver a single working feature.

• Challenges give the wrong traitstones.
  • Deeds did not drop for a week.
  • The first deed tasks awarded deeds for factions that don’t exist.

The first one is a dumb bug that anyone who understood their own game could’ve caught. I think it’s more likely whoever did QA had no concept of what traitstones a kingdom should give so they saw “I got rewards” and moved on.

The next two are more failures to understand players. It was important to let us know deeds were not supposed to be dropping. It took too long to notice players were flipping out. It didn’t take a machine learning AI to understand players were worried deeds would not drop fast enough to be relevant. It indicates the devs have very little understanding of their players. This isn’t the first time patch notes have omitted important details.

Then the pool was allowed to distribute the worst possible deed in the wake of all this bad player sentiment. That’s just poor management. It’s valid to say this is RNG, but it was still a missed opportunity to create some kind of good player sentiment.

I’d have rather felt like 4.5 delivered broken features to mismanaged ones. It’s like the devs arrived to a party with a giant box of cookies that were revealed to have been burnt to a crisp. Proper protocol is “Oh uh… I’ll bring Chips Ahoy next time.” Not “Hey these are TECHNICALLY still cookies and I worked hard on them, you owe me!”

6 Likes

I agree all except on the first point. Challanges are showing wrong arcanes, but they are rewarding aarcanes associated to that kingdom. (At least that was the case when i did Khetar).

Edit: and i just tested zaejin challange for traitstones, and got the correct ones too.

This was a big WTF. I get that updates contain a lot of stuff to test and sometimes things slip through the cracks and I’m fine with that but how the hell did qa miss this? Surely there was more than one person testing the challenges and not once in over 200 battles did they not notice that challenges were giving the wrong traitstones. It took players less than 17 hours to notice and report it.

It wasn’t at first. It was just fixed today to award the correct ones.

2 Likes

The khetar one i did on the first day of 4.5, and it indeed awarded me with the correct arcane. So I figured it was just a visual bug. Maybe i am wrong and maybe only khetar worked correctly :smile:

I did a couple and got the wrong minor and arcanes.

That why I said, devs need playtester that play from the player point of view

1 Like

They’ve got a big group of beta testers. But they don’t give them the final version or always let them see every feature. :duckhuntdog:

2 Likes

And then the final version is buggy :man_shrugging:

Yes. Professional software developers know it’s best to “freeze” code when you send it to testers. If you make changes, you can introduce new bugs. The build the beta testers had was tested. All other builds are not. GoW almost always releases untested builds.

And it have been a few update since we have a non-major bug release

It’s worse than I thought
I thought every epic or better AB would give deeds
Apparently not only do u have to hope it’s at least epic, then u need another layer of rng
Very disappointing update

One begins to wonder…was it to buy several months or years time of us assuming that the deeds would help us beat the delves with faction teams, only to find out in 2022 that it didn’t

4 Likes

A dry season of deeds once again. I was expecting deeds will be a bit rare, like every 2 days 2-3 deeds, but this is crazy slow.

As much as is currently known, epic deed tasks will show up once every three weeks, legendary deed tasks once every six weeks, mythic deed tasks once every twelve weeks. On average, so it’s entirely possible to go without any deed tasks for a whole month.

1 Like