When you are tired of GoW, what do you play?

I read about Magikarp Jump, it didn’t strike me as interesting. You feed the fish and he jumps higher? And you test your fish VS others’ fish? I’d rather fry them and see which TASTES better.

For the Pogo group, my sister and her husband still play.

2 Likes

I got a gold Magikarp and it got lost on its way home! D8

4 Likes

FFXIV is my drug of choice. New expansion is just around the corner, can’t wait!

6 Likes

I just got back into XIV, and yeah looking forward to the new expansion!

I’m also playing Pokemon Go when I go outside, but then again I live in a prime location for the game, so it’s easy enough to just play a bit when I go out and make some progress.

Magikarp Jump is a decent “idle clicker” game, but if you’re not a fan of those kinds of games you probably won’t enjoy it.

EDIT: Oh and playing some Tiny Quest here and there too.

5 Likes

im playing pokemon go but that cannot be anyhow called “when im tired of gow” :stuck_out_tongue:
i play that simultaneously - only when im in travel

when im tired of gow i read manga, watch movie or play vainglory (android moba)

2 Likes

Monster Strike…but the global version is shutting down imminently, so I just restarted on the JP version (which is the most successful mobile game on the planet and makes literally $4MM/day, soooooo it isn’t going anywhere). It’s a shame because I’ve been playing the Global version since launch day and losing all that progress sucks…but the JP version has so much more content that it’s like night and day. Just have to deal with not being able to read the UI, which ended up not being a problem at all.

Plus I invested some time into rerolling ridiculously OP starter accounts for the whole family, so that helps. :wink:

If there’s anyone else here who played MS Global and is interested in restarting on JP now, message me and I’ll link you my UI translation cheat sheets.

1 Like

please say what kind of game it is?

1 Like

Ummmm…“multiplayer cooperative dungeon RPG + CCG + billiards” is probably the best description I can think of. Yes, it sounds bizarre, but it’s awesome.

3 Likes

I loved Breath of the Wild, but it takes some getting used to. Once you hit a certain point, you’re finding little cool things in every nook and cranny of the game, and the weapon mechanic isn’t really important by that point because you have more weapons than you could ever use. I won’t spoil you on the master sword thing…but you can totally get it. Maybe you should climb more of those mountains you were talking about :wink:

I too was getting destroyed by everything in the game when I started, but after 80 hours, I was absolutely destroying anything that gave me problems earlier. And that was oh so satisfying.

1 Like

Been playing a bunch of games on console. Not really tired of playing GoW; More like its one of many games I have to juggle to find time to play these days. lol

1 Like

Path of exile. I actually mostly play PoE and then play GoW between leagues these days.

2 Likes

So youre a juggler and a smuggler lol

2 Likes

Celsius Heroes is quite interesting - it’s match-3 with cheating!! It also looks like it’s very much pay to play, so be warned!

1 Like

I googled it the minute the sword killed me, don’t worry. I think that it’s terribly done.

I actually like that monsters deal 3+ hearts per hit. In other Zelda games, I would literally go through and beat the game with three hearts max, never picking up containers because the games were so easy.

I do think the monsters are overkill in this game, but it’s a step in the right direction. Shouldn’t be able to face tank some guy’s attack and then go break the nearest jar for one heart and still end up with more life than before you got hit.

1 Like

Well, once you get higher level armors you can basically do that to any smaller enemy. Still gotta be smart with the big ones, but with the best gear, you can waltz through anyone.

But that’s what makes it feel rewarding. You end up destroying the things that gave you so many struggles earlier on. It feels like you’ve really progressed.

1 Like

Loved Horizon: Zero Dawn, half-way I’d say but it still gets two hours a week notice.

Main distraction from GoW though is through pen and paper - KenKen. I can sit next to my wife and her 15 ‘Housewives of…’ series links and be totally controlled and immersed in thought. Until one of the wives has a cat fight or almost kills one of her children through cooking. Then I know it’s time to GTFO and get GoW on outside.

3 Likes

I play lots of other things. Mostly PUBG at the moment.

1 Like

Actually last night i just installed a random match-3 fantasy combat game on my phone coz i wanted to play in bed on the phone instead of computer - and GoW works just toooooooo slow (loading screens before and after each battle) to play on android :frowning2:

1 Like

me too,well atm I’m playing DS2 again,better pvp imo

2 Likes

I couldn’t stand the initial pvp set up in Dark Souls 2 and skipped it completely, ha ha. There was way too much nonsense and I wasn’t prepared to wait until it all got balanced out, etc.

I preferred Dark Souls 1 pvp(750 hours on my Darkmoon MLGS/Velka’a Rapier character)and had the best of times with pvp playing Dark Souls 1. While it’s true Dark Souls 1 had bad balance(Ninja Flipping Claymore Havel’s!) issues at launch as well as terrible connection issues, I didn’t actually mind the crap and got on with it. I also adored how Dark Souls 1 pvp could be played hyper fast or super slow! I still miss organised Fight Clubs/Tournaments at the Undead Burg, ha ha! Distant memories.

Dark Souls 3 pvp was a perfect blend of fast and slow pvp to a certain extent, but there was only so much Darksword/Estoc clones I could stand to fight before I got bored.

Dark Souls 1 Remaster please!!!

3 Likes