When you are tired of GoW, what do you play?

Eternium. A mobile device version of Diablo/Torchlight

3 Likes

I’d say Clicker Heroes (PC version, at least) is better. But I may be biased because I played it first.

Like Tap Titans, it is incredibly deep. It’s got good developer support, and they’ve added a lot of stuff to it over the years.

3 Likes

I found this thread:

Has anyone played these other games and found them compelling? I’m asking to save myself the colossal time sink of trying each of these games personally, which I might make my hobby if I actually follow through on my “threats” of getting off the GoW game to spend my 10+ hours elsewhere.

I also know that if I go through that list and end up hating all of them it might make me like GoW more, too.

2 Likes

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes was quite fun. I played on Xbox. I found single player to be compelling, playing a few games a night through it with my wife over the course a month or so.

Multiplayer was a fun add on until you realize there are really only 3-4 meta pvp setups. But when you don’t play against ROFL borked builds it is fun.

2 Likes

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn last weekend… 100% trophies as well… Man… what a game… beautiful in every way!

4 Likes

The wife and i were just looking at that game the other day😎 we both said that was the next game we wanted so now ill tell her it also has the @Mad_Butch endorsement too

2 Likes

I loved everything about it… was so sad that it ended, that I actually sat through the whole end credits.
And I never do that…

3 Likes

Clicker Heroes, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls 3 CoD :Inf Warfare, Overwatch, Skyrim and many more…

2 Likes

Is a runner, the game is fun and if you like to grind the game gives you plenty of resources to build your cookies.
It has a PVP too in real time.

2 Likes

This is probably my game of the year currently.

2 Likes

Frozen edition of Memory. :wink:

2 Likes

World of Warcraft (although I’m kind of tired of it right now), Candy Crush Soda, Zookeeper Battle, Mario Kart 8 and just got Zelda for the Switch today so i’ll be starting that one this weekend.

3 Likes

Say goodbye to your free time. Zelda is such a massive game. You will love it.

3 Likes

star wars galaxy of heroes, been playing that more than GOW since guild wars came in

2 Likes

Not that we ever get sick of Gems of War, but me and @Alpheon have been playing through Persona 5. Pretty reliably every morning we talk about our waifus and where we’re up too.

4 Likes

I have been thinking about picking that up. I hear lots of good things about it.

3 Likes

Persona 5. Final Fantasy XV. Any and all Lego games because they’re hilarious, and I love bashing stuff.

3 Likes

Breath of the Wild was way too big and sandboxy for me. It might be the first console Zelda game I don’t beat. They should have called it medieval Spider-Man. I HATE the breaking equipment mechanics, there is hardly any hand holding or guidance (call me a baby, many Zelda games with the fairies made me this way.)

I don’t even mind that I have 7 hearts and a frigging skeleton shoots me with an arrow and removes 5, but the world is boring as all heck.

“Oh look, another shrine atop a 1200 foot mountain, great”
Gets halfway up the climb, then it starts raining
“Stop slipping Link! AHHHHHHHHHABNSVBASDGFBSA!!!11!!!11!!!”

One other thing that bothers me is that I’m the damn hero of time or whatever from 100 years ago and the Master Sword kills me faster than it killed Ganon in Ocarina of Time when I try and pull it… Oook? Is there a plot twist by the end of this game that you are secretly Ganon reincarnated?

I don’t know, I truly think they got a little too happy with “Let’s throw another section of fields and mountains” that are REALLY COOL to look at (for like the first hour of the game) and then it turns into “ugh this again?”

I have heard about speedruns in under an hour, which someday I will watch and vicariously beat BotW through, lol.

3 Likes

Pokemon Go +1

2 Likes

Pokemon Go is so yesterday.

It’s all about Magickarp Jump now!

6 Likes