When you are tired of GoW, what do you play?

Demons Souls remaster also plz :),
i remember the scene at releade of DS2: mundane daggers for instakill repostes,stacking buffs (sacred oath+numbness+gmb+whatever,…) but they patched things up pretty nicely in the end.theres a lot more build variety than in ds3,I also like dual wielding weapons and in that part DS2 has the best system: powerstance,uniqe moves for lefthanded weaponsthat combo from R1 into L1,… and viable magic for PVP,…
we can duel sometimes if u like,any dark souls game :sunny:

2 Likes

What game? I’ve tried lots of them and for all of Gems’ warts none of the rest compete. I tried playing “Legendary - Game of Heroes”, which I’ve seen a lot of ads for recently, but holy crap is the monetization awful. Same with “Empire & Puzzles”. And don’t even get me started on “WWE Champions” and “Marvel Puzzle Quest”. It easy to lose sight of how generous Gems is when you’re only playing it.

2 Likes

its called “Magic: Puzzle Quest” by “D3 Go!”
i still have no idea exactly what rules there are for the battle rofl, but i only did 5 battles since last night including tutorials

so far it seems like no matter what color i match it just gives me universal mana xD

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that’s another iteration of Marvel Puzzle Quest from the same team. I actually found it to be okay, but you hit a paywall pretty quickly just like with Marvel Puzzle Quest. (That same team also did “Adventure Time: Puzzle Quest” which is the worst of the three.)

I’m really surprised Legendary is doing as well as it is. Has anyone else tried it? Progress is so freakin’ slow. It seems like you get roughly one decent new card per month and are able to "ascend’ one card every 2-3 weeks. It’s nuts how much they pinch you.

2 Likes

Basically, I think GoW is too bloated to be playable on anything but Steam and Console and even there it’s one of the slowest games I’ve ever played. ON STEAM it takes almost two minutes for the game to load and then each screen takes at least 10 seconds but most take 30 to load and this is off a bundle of ten T-1 circuits so there is no latency or slowness getting to the servers.

Half of my older devices that can play every other game in the app store crash trying to play this bloated game. The new ones play it like its 1985 and you have to wait a whole minute to load up a battle and then another minute when its done. I swear games were faster on my Commodore 64. More fun too.

And people wonder why I’ve lost patience with this game. Grinding out PvP victories take forever. It took me 45 minutes just to upgrade my sentinels last week and this week I’m asking if I even have to do it because it’s such a tedious task!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s bloat. I just don’t think they’re especially good at online-related stuff. Seems like that’s where things always go wrong and the long load times is the ever-present reminder.

This game does have tons of bloat, seems like everything in the game is constantly running even while not in use.

I don’t know of any other game that will literally crash in about 1 hour from playing only explore. Were talking semi-higher end PCs, with i7 quad cores, decent 4gb+ video cards.

When you first load the game, its super fast and semi-snappy except where it has to load data from the server. That part can take 10-20 seconds to load what I would feel should take under 2 seconds worth of data with today’s internet speeds. Feels like playing a game on a 56k modem back in 1998.

After 10 minutes you can start to feel that there is some memory leak, or something that keeps loading the same sections over and over and never releasing/freeing up the ram used previously, or reusing the dialogs so they never have to reload.

After 45 minutes, things start slowing down much quicker. Delays of upwards of 30-45 seconds between button presses.

After 1 hour game is crawling like I’m playing on an 8086 with 128k of ram loading from floppy disks.

After 1.25 to 1.5 hours, the game completely freezes up and just locks.

So for me every 45 minutes to 1 hour, I must close the application and then reload it.

My phone is even worse, I do have an older phone Galaxy Note 3 (Since the 7 was returned, waiting on the note 8) I can play about 10 games and it wants to crash. Sometimes this causes my whole phone to crash and forces me to restart it.

On topic: I’m thinking about restarting FFXIV when the new expansion comes out.

1 Like

I played quite a bit of magic puzzle quest but once i started GoW that game got scrapped quickly lol

3 Likes

lol yeah 2 days of short play and i can already see a paywall in the horison, they dont have boosters sold with basic game currency? meh xD

1 Like

The latest Unreal Tournament is in development and in open Alpha FTP. Ive been playing that.

Currently, Farming Simulator '17 is what I play other than GoW.

Got to make hay while the sun shines indoors and it’s raining outdoors! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Drathas i was looking at that the other day… Is it just farming to make $ or is there a point? The trailer was unclear about that

Yeah just farming to make dollars. You set your own objective on what is success. Do you want to run a 1000 cows or own all fields and drive only the biggest tractors or happy just to be profitable running a few sheep and fields with no AI workers using small 100hp tractors. It’s all up to the player.

On the vanilla maps you start with a couple of fields and some modest equipment and a loan. Difficulty setting determines prices for goods (crops, wool, silage, woodchips etc) so really only effects how much you want to grind.

User created mods are allowed, though I play on Xbox 1 which has less than PC.

1 Like