This week: Bombots are the New 50 Shades of Bone Dragon

No - this is Bone Dragon at its finest. Seriously??? Defense Team

3 Likes

I know who that is. :wink:

3 Likes

Well they are now 4 event gems. Mind you Keeping them starved for mana was hard the board kept getting too much yellow. Krys used that to smash them down.

Maw/Terraxsis/Mercy/KoS is pretty good versus the Bombot teams. Mercy to charge maw, maw to devour the hero. Terraxsis to charge from yellow and make more browns, KoS to charge from browns and make skulls. If the bombots take your browns after you devour the hero, it doesn’t matter. KoS has life drain, so he can’t be killed by them (and if Mercy dies in the process you may even get a free wight in her place), and Maw after devouring the hero can take both blasts to the chin and a few skull hits before he even dips below 100 life.

Otherwise, my go-to all purpose looping team nowadays is Kraken/Krystenax/alchemist/terraxsis or Mercy/Kraken/alchemist/terraxsis depending on if you want faster pace at the start of the match or better stopping power. Plenty of single skulls to feed to them if you need to end your turn, or just convert out brown which stalls out their whole team and still leaves you plenty of avenues to get going again.

I am thankful when I see people put up full brown defense teams that are both unique and have varied troops in them. It doesn’t have to be a roll over defense team like four miners but it is appreciated when I see something other than the most blatantly obvious/annoying option of the week.

5 Likes

Wouldnt it be better to put TDS on first spot and krys on second? So if you lose your first troop you are not left with 3 colors.

1 Like

to be honest this week event asks so little points and so easy that setting a defense that has only 2 brown units is perfectly fine

1 Like

I’ve seen better, 4* Bone Dragon. But those teams are more a curiosity than anything really dangerous - Mana starving + leaving 3-skull matches for AI makes it rather unlikely for them to ever cast and even if they do… well, BD doesn’t immediately kill at least one troop now. :slight_smile:

Yeah not sure whats with this week. 150 Browns in PVP. Many of us will have had that on day one… still asking an average of about 100 battles assuming no cooperation, but seeing as we’ve got the 4x Brown defences popping up… plus the Borer Bombot Bombot Manacles team everywhere

3 Likes

exactly. plus average event if you loose the fight you dont get points but here? you still get them!

just reaching tier1 gave me enough points to collect 3x epic troop, lol

so please ppl: if you arent particularly wanting bombots in your defense, change it to just 2 brown units, that can be basically any kind of defense! naming it ek mab sheggra or even bone dragon

I vote for: For every 10 people using the same defense team: -10% to all stats on them!

1 Like

i would rather vote for:
2x defense win rewards for ppl whos defense team is used by 1% or less players in pvp

4 Likes

Removing the team score makes this a bit misleading, since everything is unlevelled. 1 Bombot will take care of this. You’re welcome :wink:

2 Likes

Plus Krystenax can backfill with a summon.

1 Like

Wanted to mention that too :smiley:
Its just not good putting a summoner upfront.

1 Like

I just use Tesla against the Mech teams. Two Tesla casts will kill them all. The defense team gets about 2 turns on average. The speed killing of the mech teams more than makes up for the loss of the event bonus.

1 Like

I keep Kry in the first as Skull Damage barrier and back up to TDS. Most of the time I get TDS and run the board until everyone is dead. It does happen that I can’t run the board Kry and Kerby get a chance to do their stuff. But my strategy is to run the board with TDS and just get as many souls as possible. I have so many troops to get to mythic 20th now.

I agree that Kry can do a backfill - but right now I rarely loose him because TDS runs the board. I may give up one or two turns in that process and that’s because of yellow… (It’s the color that plagues me, haunts me and I use with Kry when i need to clear that color out of the board if TDS isn’t)

Tds has a chance to resurect. Skull damage therefor isnt a problem and you should let enemy hit TDS on first spot with skulls so they dont charge their spells.
In case TDS dies it can resurect. If it doesnt resurect you havent lost color coverage as you have another tds. Also you can summon another dragon with krys that can continue to tank skulls.

I mean its your strategy, im just explaning why i would do it differently :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I had the third trait:) still working on those arcane stones

I would switch the order if I had that third trait but right now I don’t.

And that is always welcome - but you have a fully traited TDS. I’ve been using him since I got him and getting him traited along the way. It’s a very powerful card to run/control the board nicely and do some serious damage even if he’s not traited even.