The New Defend Meta

It’s freaking nasty, let me tell you.

Nah, easy enough, nothing so broken there… just be sure to bring some mana drain to avoid being devoured…

I’ve been using K / GS / K / FG on defense.
Pretty good win rate so far.

With 50% filling everyone 1 match with +abys banner can fill 1 kerberos and offer a bit to the other one. Or it can fill spider who will fill both kerberos.
It’s not broken, but it’s dangerous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right, not broken. Didn’t mean to imply that at all, if I did.

Just nasty.

To be honest, I get tons of META and strong opponents which give me over 1,300 gold even with my defense team consisting of a single Innkeeper. I think this is a myth.

An absolute myth my friend. Now I have yet to find you on the battlefield :stuck_out_tongue:

I use the Frozen Banner (+2Bl/+1P/-1R) with my Double Keb team and it works great to get Spider charged faster.

Nothing so awesome as the new defend meta forcing you to play the last defend meta on offense!

1 Like

The DB, boom bootx2, mech hero with bm is become more and more popular too.

But that’s not much of a threat really… I’d happily play those all day

1 Like

Necro’ing this thread, because I think it hits on something pretty important.

How broken are a game’s mechanics, when it’s indisputably beneficial to field a weak defense team like this?

A weak defense gets you both more revenges and easier invades, at the cost of a small number of PvP points, which no one but the absolute top players cares about.

More revenges gets you more gold, glory, and traitstones per time played. At the cost of less PvP points (again, no one cares) and fewer trophies, which only matter to the absolute top guilds.

Anyone else looking forward to the point where the entire playerbase goes this route? When every invade is against a single troop defense? At least we’ll never run out of Arcane Summers.

Defenses are supposed to lose. If there was a perfect defense, no one would ever win an invade. The game is supposed to be fun while you’re playing it, not while the computer is playing for you. So, yes, now that you mention it, it’s working exactly the way it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

Yeah the more people that realize defend losses don’t matter, the better.

personaly i prefer get a defense win but it’s just because i don’t like to lost in general i am very competitive in nature and i always try to get a minimum of 50% defense win

And i am also waiting for the AI customisation on console, i know i will have fun to try different strategy

debatable. I put up wacky event related defences not to win defences but for a change of pace and laugh at what gets wins.

I know it’s supposed to lose once a while, buuut also it’s hurts a lot and that point it’s not fun anymore. :slight_smile:

Right, but matches are also supposed to be fun… and @Mahamoti has a point - though it’s long been like this - we’ve had debate here since the game started - some players like to make it hard for others or make it competitive for other guilds, some like to play something different to make it fun for others, and some exploit this very odd mechanic that Revenge battles are extra beneficial so it’s worth losing…

This bit did make me chuckle… true if you define top players as the minority who play enough to be anywhere on the leaderboard, or care about it…

A valid point, though the Whitehelm point is a different thread and point… I have 50% more yellow stones than any other colour…

1 Like

Try behemoth behemoth behemoth valk, gg

Ok, I keep seeing this point, but I haven’t seen it actually supported. Do you actually get more additional resources for a revenge win than you do for a defense win? I haven’t been keeping careful track, but I think you get 3 glory either way. I guess there’s an additional 1 glory for a defense loss, so a revenge battle is ahead by one glory over a defense win. Revenge nets no additional souls, so winning a defense is ahead by a marginal amount there. Do revenge battles mean anything more than +3 glory these days? Does it seem to affect gold? I guess there’s the defense counter, with its gold/soul/event key payout. Am I missing something major, or is everyone just running on old assumptions?