The New Defend Meta

All I can say is that I’ve been doing the same amount of PVP as usual.

This past week or two I’ve been using the one troop defense and I have hardly ever seen any manticore teams.

Previously I was using a full team defense of 8,400 power score and I was seeing Manticore every few battles.

I was getting so frustrated I was about to quit. Now that he’s been cut back I have felt a lot better about this game.

I don’t know if that’s observational bias or not but I’m glad its working for me.

5 Likes

I am using the same team I used last week for defense (and both offense is the same) and I’m hardly seeing manticore defense teams too. And last week it was maybe 60%+ manticore. It’s completely bias. It doesn’t have to do nothing with your defense team.

1 Like

I stopped using the MMBDDB defence team just because I didn’t want to be a dick. Maybe other people did too.

1 Like

Perhaps everyone stopped using manticores as their defense precisely at the time I switched then lol

Literally months of manticore manticore manticore

The minute I switch… nothing for so many matches! It’s been wonderful :slight_smile:

Edit: I could understand where you’re coming from if I wasn’t having this problem for well over a month of nonstop manticore teams. Then as soon as I switch I see a very drastic and apparent decrease in that troop for two weeks now I think.

Happened to me couple time on console and usually happen when you switch invasion team

Stan i did the same. I tried it for a week (guilty :frowning: )
But thenot as soon as the week was over I changed it back to my usual defense. Probably a lot of other players did the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be amazing if the community had some kind of self-correcting collective conscience that automatically countered an abusive meta (but somehow I doubt it).

I use five teams consistently. I don’t just use one invade team. So I don’t think that’s the case for me

What I really like about the new meta is it really makes sense to create several different types of specialized decks, depending on what you want to accomplish.

For instance, if you want to earn trophies and gold, choose a control-style, speed deck and you can win most of your 3 trophy match-ups very quickly.

And you can earn crazy amounts of Souls by completing Challenges using new troops that now earn bonus Souls and/or have Necromancy.

What we do need next tho is more ways to earn Seals. Rank PVP is good till rank #1. Explore is better afterward and I guess many people like Treasure Maps. Arena needs serious help. More ways to earn Seals would be helpful. Hopefully the Events will give bonus Seals somehow.

1 Like

Well, this one is also …

one attack and …

but of course much better than only one.

That’s nice, just needs the other thousand players who are doing it and who aren’t on this forum to do the same. Oh, or for Manticore and Bone Dragon to get sensibly re-balanced down a bit to be less over-powered and annoying.

What really intrigues me is wondering if you did put the MMBDDB team out beforehand because you did want to be a dick…? (no offence intended, just re-using your turn of phrase)

2 Likes

i think there is much less manticores around below 7k team score, and if the theory about 3rd trohpy team score being aroud the defense team score that could explain it
well im hoping thats the case, will get back at you in 2 days on this when i get my pvp stats

1 Like

Heh see you ran into my Suicide Squad defense :wink: Just wanted to throw something bizarre out there for a change.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting with a variety of unique defenses this week. It’s been fun, but I have an abysmal defense record as a result. Interestingly, I had decent win percentages with solo Death and Solo Draak, because low level players would attack them and lose, while high level players generally didn’t bother. On the other hand, the full power teams (8000+) got destroyed by high level players, with fewer attacks from lower levels. Hopefully the new event system will successfully shake things up.

1 Like

No, but I wanted to win. Various real-life factors gave me one week in the first month after the console PVP update where I could actually play a decent amount and I wanted to see what I could do. So for that week, I put what I thought would be a team that would minimize my defence losses (either by winning outright or by people choosing a different option) and focused all my play-time on PVP. I got top-60 that week, but now that work is busy again and I’m not able to maintain any kind of competitive level of play, I flipped my defence team back to something more charitable.

The marginal benefit (in terms of win/loss) from using that team is really pretty minimal, though it’s hard to know how many people outright avoided me in PVP when I had it up.

1 Like

2 Likes

one day ill make a team of lv1 non-ascended commons… one day
(already slowely preparing for that, but see no need to use it yet)

1 Like

Has anybody seen what I’m sure will become the new NEW defend meta?

Kerberos / Kerberos / Giant Spider / Forest Guardian

1 Like

I’m planing to put that defense since Sunday. But I need FG and to trait him before I put it up xD
And I will change the troop order to kerberos/gs/fg/kerberos because having 2 kerb up front would be so tasty for EK.

1 Like