The New Defend Meta

Story of my life…

With the new troops on console I was recently able to get my Defend team down all the way to 4,700ish. I can’t wait for the next patch in that I might have the chance to remove all my Traits and all my Souls on a few troops, so that I can field 4 un-traited un-leveled troops in Defend. (this assumes we get some Refund options)

This junk Defense team seems to help reduce the number of under-costed Manticore defense teams that get listed in PvP invades.

Maybe i missed it or not. The debate of weak defence or strong defence. Which is better, and why. The pros and cons of each.

I’ve used quite a weak team last week to show of my merchant blade and my opponents were as usual and gold gains were as usual. Invade doesn’t change based on your defense team. .

i have been using my defence for team testing, weirdly enough people started to avoid my team for this event.

There is no avoiding the meta. Even at 1 trophy only, you will still run into the occasional Bone Dragon/Manticore/Deep Borer/Courage smorgasbord. There is no avoiding the meta.

Yeah… It could just be observational bias making it seem as if there is a difference when you run a weaker defend team. It’s quite possible that is has zero effect on your invasion options. Regardless, my defend team is a revolt from the omnipresent grief teams that are flooding the market currently. I don’t care for my win/loss ratio in any sense whatsoever.

There isn’t actually any true word on what affects either your gold from opponents or the battle ratings of said opponents other than arbitrary theories that are procured by community members (a very small percentage of all active players, at that). Unless it was posted somewhere and I missed it, the developers have been unnecessarily tight-lipped about the whole process, perhaps to avoid exploitation.

1 Like

Grand so. Im not particularly concerned about avoiding the meta, only about maximising gold v. time. 2 birds…

For gold vs. time, have a team that can take out nearly every other…

Maw
Infernal King
Sheggra
Mercy

^ is a favorite and can take out almost all teams with ease… no soul gains, though. If you really want to maximise, don’t be afraid to quit games when it looks like you will not win them. Long, drawn out games decimate your RoI.

by the weekend ill count how many meta teams i face (prolly gonna do only fights till tier1 but still thats like 100 wins? should be enough) but im pretty sure i see mantibone only 1/6 or less often

1 Like

you just named my defense team ive been using for like 2 months :grin:

1 Like

Id use that for 3 trophy matchups.

For 1 trophy id go with Bat/Bat/Val/Mercy.

Not sure for 2 as I havent tried them enough to recall a mean amount of health

Daheck? I have 19 wins and i’m rank 7… that math doesn’t quite work out…

1 Like

nvm i dont remm how many wins, maybe the 100 is needed for 1500 seals xD which i have to do by the week end so heh… sorry too tired to calculate right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As a side note, I’m finding a lot of fun with Kraken against these teams with an embedded Bone Dragon. He can’t hide anymore!

thanks for the tip :slight_smile:
i rather fight quick untraited unkingdom troops for less gold than long fight against maxed out troops.

that and get a lot of defend loses for more revenge options.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve been yo-yo-ing my defence team strength daily for several days now and I have little to no doubt that defence team strength determines at least the difficulty of the 3 trophy option. My 3-trophy option is always of comparable strength to my defence team, whether my rating is 8400 or 6500. The options that come up for 1 and 2 trophy matches are wildly variable regardless of my d-team (sometimes almost as good as the 3-trophy option, sometimes comically low). Revenges are always a bit variable because people could either be low level players punching above their weight class, or high level players choosing me as a 1 or 2 trophy option.

As for how the gold payout is determined, I can’t begin to guess.

3 Likes

My 3-trophy option vacillates between 800 and 1400 gold, even when I don’t change my defense team. I think this is more observational bias than actual coding.

I’ve tried base common teams, one-troop teams, fully-traited all-Mythic teams. I see the same set of invade choices pretty much regardless.

Same situation here. Variation from 800 to 1500 gold. Levels from 300 to 1100 on 3 trophies match. Team scores from 7000 to 8500. I never changed my defense team.