The Future of Gems of War on PS4/Xbox

A year ago we already had the plan to merge the versions and transition all development to be in-house at Infinity+2. We could never have coordinated all of the bits involved “recently!”

Though I appreciate the compliment. :wink:

Microsoft/Sony will not allow players to spend money on console A, and then enjoy those purchases on console B. Cross-console play is allowed when there is no money-spend, but GoW isn’t that game. So unless they change their policies, they ecosystems cannot be fully merged.

I’ll say it : this was exactly what I have been referring to.

4 Likes

Best of luck to you and the rest of the team. Hope your next project is as interesting as this one was.

The escalator is coming now :wink:

1 Like

@Mr.Strange

Out of curiosity, what IS next for you?

1 Like

Hey, check out Superfight!

Hey, check out Prominence Poker!

:wink:

7 Likes

Prominence Poker is coming to Xbox too. Any idea when it will be updated?

It’s on Xbox now. I was playing it last night. I play all the 505 games I can. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was just on my PS4 last night and didn’t see it. I guess it’s coming soon to PS4? I’m not a huge poker player, but it’s free, so I’ll at least check it out…

Oh I just assumed they would release on both consoles at the same time…check again maybe?

1 Like

Where is that damn “dislike” button!?!?

3 Likes

I download everything free because I can

2 Likes

:cry: You both will be missed. Thank you for all the work you both have done and continue to do.

1 Like

I’ll check when I get home, but I don’t see it on the web store. @Mr.Strange, is it coming to PS4? Is there an official date?

It’s absolutely wonderful to hear this I cannot wait to see this come to fruition!

Could some PC/mobile players share their feelings on how the PvP system is working? I remember some mega-threads from May when 2.0 came out, but I’m curious about how it runs now that the kinks have been worked out.
For reference, i’m an active player but not interested in competing for the top of the leaderboard. How does it work for the majority of players and are casual players able to enjoy it? Does anyone do ‘casual PvP’ or is everyone doing ranked?

Nobody really does Casual except to test team compositions. There are Easy - Normal - Hard options, so if you require an easy or relaxed fight (or when the leaderboard isn’t a goal) you would probably pick the Easy or even Normal battles

Prominence will be coming to PS4 soon. We’re waiting for an official date, but it shouldn’t be too much of a wait.

1 Like

It takes some getting used to, but for all purposes it works fine. Sometimes you’ll get a few hiccups though.

I hope to see you still active on the GoW forum after you transition. Looks like there is work to do:

So what does it take to get to Tier 1 and how do the rewards stack up? You play on both platforms, right?

I’m a PC/Mobile player, and I think the latest PVP system is decent now that they have ironed out many of the bugs and numbers. It has far more variety than it used to when it comes to foes.

It takes me 30 matches to reach tier 1. I only take the hard matches (3 trophy). I don’t know anyone that plays casual. I’m sure there are people that play it. But, to me, I wouldn’t bother with it because the rewards are soooo low in comparison with ranked PVP. It’s laughable really.

As for the leaderboard, just ignore it if you aren’t interested in it. Some weeks I rank on the leaderboard because I have way more free time. Other weeks, I don’t bother with it.

2 Likes