Pop goes the Weasel

Hahahha

I just realized how hilarious this team is with:
Gorgotha
Fizzbang
Fizzbang
Apothacary

Hahaha

maybe wait after the week end before declaring the troop broken. people say orcs were broken big time when it was buffed. after the orc week, i never seen them in play. besides, should we be grateful to have new potentially good invade troop?

3 Likes

Miss my dual Brian skull generating team. Skeleton was a beast when skulls scaled off magic. Goblin Slayer on Brian would make it even better right now.

Will have to settle for:

Brian the Lucky
Humility
Princess Fizzbang
Sekhma/Crimson Bat/Draakulis

3 Likes

The [almost] infinite loop created by the combination of the new troops and the fact that the goblin spells give extra turns both have nothing to do with the stat bonuses. Also during that orc week they were still getting 25% boosts each for a total 50% boost, as opposed to the current total boost of 20% for the goblins this week. Furthermore, the orc teams functioned by creating/transforming colors, so it was possible to plan for the eventuality of the cast and minimize the damage; whereas the goblins exploding gems generate tremendous amounts of mana no matter what the board comp is.

3 Likes

it needs many green to generate tremendous amounts of mana.

2 Likes

My early thinking on balancing changes…

Grapplepot: is far too big and fat to get an extra turn on her spell. Her husband doesn’t get one, why should she? Given she also deals about the highest AoE damage in the game, bar Gard perhaps (who costs way more). Lose the extra turn. Maybe 1 less mana cost. Change her trait to all ally goblins gain +4 Life whenever an ally casts a spell.

Fizzbang: is a problem. I think a fix that wouldn’t destroy her identity is to make her spell effect random like the Nobends: after all she’s a crazy goblin, not like her magic’s gonna be reliable. Open to suggestions: maybe EITHER explode lots of gems OR deal massive damage to an enemy and half to adjacent enemies. I also don’t think she should have Stealthy

No idea how hard it would be to code, but:

Explode two random green gems. Then, EITHER deal [magic/2+2] damage to a random enemy, boosted by gems destroyed [ratio x1], OR explode all green gems. Gain an extra turn.

This way there is always some exploding going on.

2 Likes

Is this pre- or post- the incoming nerf for her?

My thoughts were post correction. Hardly a nerf. And she still hits bloody hard…

2 Likes

But… But…

6 Likes

I like the idea of making her like Nobend, who also have an exploding option.

Maybe and just maybe, her spell should have a small chance (10%) to backfire and turn either herself or an ally into a Giant Toadstool! :upside_down_face: Or something equally strange…

This would certainly mitigate spamming of her spell.

2 Likes

How bout a 50% chance to explode, and a 50% chance to jumble the board? Won’t stop the looping, but would slow it down considerably. Might even split it 33%, and add green spawn.

2 Likes

Maybe 50% split between current spell and Mongo’s ‘something random happens’.

Please not more randomness to “fix” this, rather increase her manacost significantly to prevent chaincasts, or literally anything else but more rng.
With how cascades work right now and at least dozens of overperforming teams i don’t see a necessity to drastically nerf this particular one, but if you do for the love of the game not with more randomness…

2 Likes

I got Yasmine’s Chosen to loop herself six times in a row in GW today, and that’s with a mana cost in the twenties. :wink:

What would fizzbanga’s need to be to stop chain casts?

1 Like

Yasmine creates her own gem colour, the troops are not comparable. Fizzbang mostly already only fully refills with cascading extra matches after the explosions, so it would not take that much of a higher cost on average to prevent full fills.
Anyways personally i don’t see a big problem in the troop, still win around ~90% of my games against them, with different teams so i don’t think huge nerfs are needed.
Cascades right now make everything a toss up anyways so it is all whatever, but i prefered the troop to not be made useless or random if nerfs are coming for her.

If it’s really that big of an issue, then there are plenty of ways to fix the stat gain without ruining her “fun factor”:

• Restrict it to hitting Life, Attack, or Armor; remove Magic as an option. (probably the most reasonable and effective “sanity check” option)
  • Remove the “double if it’s a goblin” bonus. (arguably necessary regardless of other changes? would involve more discussion…)
  • Reduce the amount of stat gained. (the “easy” option but probably the least impactful)

Hell, she’d probably be just as fun even without the stat gain at all - her glee and joy comes from the explosion linking into an extra turn to leverage the outcome of the explosion, and that’s glorious. Anything else is just gravy.

4 Likes

Change Fizzbang from Explode to Destroy. Then she only generates Green mana. Still useful combo with most of the goblins, but no loop to infinite power.

1 Like

I have been enjoying using her and fighting against her. If the Devs gonna nerf her to the bottom as some of the suggestion wants we can say farewell to the Goblins for a 2nd time. Keep her as she is, but take away that skill she gives to a random troop when using her spell. I could have lived with that.

2 Likes