Make mythics available for [x]...maybe souls?

If you have no motivation to play now, please explain what would be the motivation to play once you have literally achieved “nothing left to acquire.”

3 Likes

Take a look at Rasper’s post.

If they would make Mythics available for 200K souls, we’d have months of work to do to get 4 or 5 mythics. That would extend my motivation well into next year. And that’s assuming they release zero new mythics in that time - they’re currently releasing them once a month. By making Mythics targetable, they could get YEARS of motivation out of end-game players like me.

I’m not suggesting they make it EASY to get those last few troops, I’m suggesting that they should at least make it realistically POSSIBLE.

2 Likes

There’s no way they’re going to make Mythics available for direct purchase, and definitely not with Souls. I’d love to hear ideas for using Souls, but purchasing troops directly (and especially the rarest in the game), shouldn’t be part of the discussion. Stop trying to make direct purchases happen; it’s not going to happen!

2 Likes

As long as it’s not for real money, what does it hurt? It’s not like we’re asking them to make them available for peanuts. A couple hundred thousand souls is literally months of grinding. If somebody wants to play that much, that’s only GOOD for the devs.

It’s completely random. I really don’t want to pay 50 REAL dollars to get another copy of ****ing WAR. Seriously. If they would guarantee me I would get something I don’t already have, I would drop the $50 right now.

2 Likes

That kind of mindset in other players is exactly what puts people out the door.

What I have or get shouldn’t bother you. The only reason you don’t like the idea is because you don’t want someone else to get the thing that you lucked in to because it will take away your “specialness”.

2 Likes

souls for mythics? lol, what a stupid idea just because you don’t have them.

Why stupid?
A brand new player can save up a ton of souls, acquire a full mythic team spending their souls on them and nothing else, no building, no use of rares to legendary, just a full team of horsemen which will eventually get fully traited.

This is why the Devs run a game which sells microtransactions well and you don’t.

For unused souls and stones, I would like to see a soul chest like guild contributions, soul chest rewards with the same as the legendary chests, for say 1 million souls.
There definitely needs to be an avenue for spending souls, but getting the things you dont have for them is absolutely ridiculous

No game lasts forever. Once you get to a stage where you feel there is no more progress to be made that’s when you generally stop playing the game and move onto something else there’s nothing wrong with that. Buying mythics with souls should never be an option and I’m pretty sure it never will be. I would honestly suggest that you move onto a different game because it seems like you’ve got many hours of enjoyment out of this one and there’s not really much left to gain.

ROFL

It would take an endgame player weeks to collect 200K souls.

You really think a beginner is going to spend half a year (or more) with no troops or anything else just to collect the souls necessary to get ONE mythic?

ROFL

3 Likes

I’m guessing the devs don’t share your opinion, considering that many of us are very high VIP level and have contributed thousands of hard dollars to develop their game.

The ones who have been playing a long time have a huge surplus of souls. Riversong, you may know her, has 4 million extra souls.

But I guess it would certainly be effective for getting rid of excess souls.

Getting rid of excess resources does seem to be a goal of the devs.

And certainly Riversong’s situation doesn’t apply to a new player in any way, shape, or form. Which was YerMa’s complaint.

My best bet is that if there ever will come a way to get rid of excess resources like souls and minor-major traitstones it will be for Gold. Not the greatest payout, but far better than keeping all the souls/stones.

2 Likes

At least with that, we could convert Gold into chests.

Still doesn’t solve the ridiculous RNG problem.

Yes you contributed your money and you’ve had your fun. You can’t expect a game to last forever sometimes it’s just time to move on. And anyway you knew this game is RNG based so why should that change just to suit your situation?

No, I didn’t know how RNG-based this game would become when I first started, one because I didn’t fully understand the mechanics (like any new gamer) and two because Mythics (and several other other features/mechanics) didn’t even exist at that time. The 1.0.7 game, which is where I started, is a completely different game from what we have now.

And as I’ve said dozens of times, this isn’t about changing the game FOR ME. This is for all of the early and mid-gamers that will eventually become just like me, Jainus, Mithran, and the rest if something isn’t done about some of the elements in this game.

We’re not asking for things that would be detrimental to the game as a whole just because we want, want, want. We’re asking for things that we think would improve the game for everyone.

It doesn’t take much of an understanding of the game to realise how random it is. Updates might have changed things but the concept of the game is still the same. Just because you’ve spent money doesn’t mean they should bow down to what you want and change it. For the money you’ve spent you’ve got exactly what was advertised so just because you want more that’s really your problem. If you feel like there is nothing left to do what is stopping you from moving onto something else? As a last point mythics are mythics for a reason. There should be no easy or guaranteed way to obtain a specific one. Not to mention most of them are borderline useless so I really don’t understand the obsession of getting them all.

You just don’t get it. It wasn’t as random as it is now at all. Pulling one troop from a pool of 100 isn’t even remotely the same as pulling one troop from a pool of 300, with completely different odds because the tier have changed by a 20% shift.

The fact that you continue to characterize me and my suggestions as somehow selfish or self-serving just shows that you don’t understand the argument at all. If you have such a problem with what I’m saying, what is stopping you from moving on to something else?

And about paying players.

Nobody is suggesting that paying players should be the sole voice, or even the loudest voice. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, feedback, and suggestions. That’s what a community is.

However, Gems of War is a business. If the developers want to continue to make money and make games, it would be wise for them to listen to the types of players that are prone to spend money, especially the ones who spend a lot of money.

That’s why it gets brought up, not because myself or anyone else feels “entitled”. It’s because we want the devs to know when they’re making decisions about the future of the game, which features are most likely to entice us to pay them.

Oh, the irony.

A conversation between myself and Ivar, August 16th, 2016. Talk about prophetic…

[quote=“Ivar, post:66, topic:11469, full:true”]
Your opinion falls under the logic that just because a few people think there is something wrong about Manticore they are wrong? Just because they are few and because we can’t check all the rest? I really want to be sure on your point of view on this one…[/quote]

No, my assertion is that the number of people that think something is “wrong” is small. That’s all.

I’m not suggesting they’re wrong - I’m not an end-game player so I have no idea what their game is like. What I do know is that, at level 555, my game experience appears to be RADICALLY different from theirs and since we’ve been told by the devs that the number of level 1000 players is around 100 (probably more now) logic suggests that their game experience is dictated not by individual OP troops but by something endemic to the end game itself.

Nope. I never said their input is less valuable, to me or to anybody else. I merely suggested that their feedback is not MORE valuable than anybody else’s, which a few here seem to think is the case.

This game has a level cap. The fact that it is referred to as the “end game” is obviously self-explanatory. The game has an END. There’s no way to get around that. Even with an influx of new elements, EVERYBODY quits a game eventually and moves on. Catering to a small number of end-gamers in an effort to keep them happy is delaying the inevitable. If the byproduct of catering to them disenfranchises newer players, the company goes out of business. Churn is a necessary contingency in this business. Get used to it.

[quote=“Ivar, post:66, topic:11469, full:true”]Now, i’m not saying that THERE AREN’T PROBLEMS in the lower/mid-levels of play, or that improving existing troops wouldn’t help all ranges of gameplay, (not the topic but well) but i can hardly see something not being done about Manticore since as it was exposed the troop is too damn good as it is.
[/quote]

Except that it wasn’t exposed as “too damn good”. Sirrian said quite matter of factly that it APPEARS to be overpowered but it’s certainly not obviously so. In fact, the question of what to do with him is still unknown because the data isn’t definitive.