Make mythics available for [x]...maybe souls?

You made a post on a public forum and I responded. If you only want positive feedback maybe you shouldn’t post dumb ideas on a public forum. If the game was random when 100 troops existed why would it change when 300 troops exist? From the sounds of that you’d prefer that there was still only the 100 troops instead of them adding new ones in which case there would be no mythic for you to go after anyway. You’ve evidently reached a point when there is nothing more left to do so you feel the game should be changed just to suit you.

When did I say I only want positive feedback?

ROFL

I’ve already told you you’re wrong about my intentions and yet you continue to post it. You’re the one that told me to move on, after all and yet you can’t do it yourself.

By all means continue to berate me if you like, it’s plainly obvious what you’re all about.

I have no reason to move on when your responses are so entertaining. You can sugar coat your intentions all you want but the fact is you have nothing left to do so you think the game needs to change. The fact that you even bought up that you’ve spent lots of money shows entitlement. You spending has no relevance to this post so there was no reason to bring it up. Also you can talk about business all you want but a free to play game also wouldn’t survive without the free players so they need both.

ROFL

This thread really took a turn…

6 Likes

Errrr… You may think it is the case, but no. Something that has been seen before is how the game needed adjustments not only because of what we say here in the forums, after all we are just a small portion of the player base, but more than often a few posts were right about certain aspects that later ended up changed once more data was collected by the devs to warrant a change.

Yes, they need both but only one is keeping the game running. I’m not saying that paying customers are the only ones that matters, nor was @htismaqe. His point is that playing as much as he does and even buying stuff like gems, keys and such there is no way to get the last cards he is missing. I’m playing slower than him, spent a fair amount of money on the game more like my own form of saying “Thank you for the experience.” But as i conduct things slowly i see that the number of accumulated mythics is growing… And imagining a person starting the game right now i can only wonder how many mythics this player will be missing when he/she reach the my current level.

Believe it or not, player retention and satisfaction is important and what has been asked, and suggested here could benefit the game and the players equally. If there is a way to craft Mythic cards, maybe just the oldest ones like the Horsemen, engaged players would keep playing with a goal in mind.
Free players could eventually farm those resources, some people could be motivated to buy some extras resources from store to fasten the proccess and also say “Thank you.”, some promotions and discounts could entice people to spend some cash again and enjoy the benefits of new content while maintaining the game running longer for everyone to enjoy.

1 Like

Regardless if it would help or not, I think the devs know allowing a currency to be traded for a troop of choice is a bad decision. Especially a mythic. The only other currency that does that is glory, and those troops are controlled. It would set a bad precedent. Next it will be okay souls got allowed, what other way can we trade to get troops?

Not to mention, adding another “thing” to collect to falsely increase play time is a bad move. It actually doesn’t increase play time for most people. You mention new players, well they already find all the things they have to collect daunting. This is just another one of those things. The answer is giving us more currency which in turn gives us more chances at rng. Which is exactly what they’re doing. The bonus is now they are tying those rewards in with actual content. We just need more of it.

The majority of players will quit long before they ever collect all the stuff in this game.

This is where we disagree. Being an end-game player should not ever give you a guaranteed mythic. You’re not that special. You should get special treatment, but not that much treatment. That is exactly what this is. People saying look I have so much of something, let me get the highest quality troop in the game. The game is fine with RNG.

The problem is that this game doesn’t offer any real capability to target content. The most popular games in this genre, as has been mentioned many times, offer that ability.

For example, I mentioned on another thread (or maybe it was this one) - the devs graciously created the Path purchases that allow us to essentially buy a Mythic or Legendary troop for $50.

The problem is that there’s a HUGE chance that you’re going to pay 50 real dollars for a troop you already have. That’s just wrong and there’s really no other way to spin it.

It’s not just about end-game players though. Playing the game should eventually unlock content. It’s not just about Mythic troops either, it’s about the complete randomness of rewards.

See my previous post. If I were guaranteed to get a random troop I didn’t already own, I’d drop $50 right now. Hell, I might drop $100.

But there’s no way I’d purchase a Path only to get something I already have. That’s not good business, sorry.

That’s where we agree. I think the rng is perfectly fine for a F2P, but if you spend real money on something you should be guaranteed that something.

This game is perfectly made for that. Why they decided to want to trick people that pay real money i’ll never know. I only buy the things in this game that I know will guarantee me something for that reason.

Just making an educated guess: It was their way to skip around or escape P2W. But of course this also makes them more money so it’s a win-win for them, not so much for the players.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve spent the bulk of my real $$$ on two things - Legendary packs when they were available and daily gems. Both of them have zero RNG involved. When I bought Khorvash, I got Khorvash, I didn’t get a CHANCE at Khorvash.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with expecting some consistency.

2 Likes

I personally am completely fine with them selling a guaranteed mythic for a certain amount of money. At the end of the day this is a game and it needs to make money.

I think there’s obviously a certain control aspect here too. Right now everything is in the dev’s control. Allowing us to craft, give rewards, etc. for any troop is a slippery slope for them. There are other games that do this, but those games have a huge player-base. So they can release control a little bit just because of the huge amounts of money the game makes either way.

1 Like

Just to play devil’s advocate here for a moment, concerning new players picking up the game now and looking at the massive field of troops to collect, the mythics in particular…

For many of us playing this game, we started long before the introduction of base mythic troops. We were able to build up a certain amount of resources, spend them, and gather our collections. We look at new players and think, “Man, they must be overwhelmed! There will be dozens of mythics out by the time they get to where I am! They’ll be playing catch up for a long time.”

But here’s the thing - unlike us, they’ll have the chance to get a base mythic almost right away, especially if they join a guild that’s got a few active people in it. While the chance is awfully low on glory keys, they’re in there. I’ve gotten three of my mythics from them myself, including Pharos. (Granted, I’ve opened a ton of glory keys…) As they progress and gather more resources, the chances become more frequent, as higher tier keys are more accessible. The pool might be larger, but they’ll have a longer time to work on it, so by the time they’re level 500 or so, they’ll probably have more mythics than I do, at around 500 as I am now.

Edit: I’ll also point out that now, guilds can generate gem keys, which have a higher chance for mythics. In addition, the guild keys also have a chance for mythics, which is a passive extra that we didn’t have at all until recently.

2 Likes

Anyone else find it strange to talk about the devs like they’re not in the room, or they don’t see these threads?

Hopefully they never find this. If you need me i’ll be in Tortuga.

4 Likes

You know, they haven’t been nearly as active on the forums lately. Of course, they picked up a lot more work when the console merge happened.

1 Like

You misunderstand. I’m not trying to deny you anything. I’m being a realist. It’s not going to happen, period. Their entire economy is premised on people chasing the troops they want via random drops. If they do something like make those troops available for direct purchase, especially with an easily grindable currency, it wrecks the economy, results in reduced revenue, and ultimately could lead to the closure of the game. My point is that we should focus on a realistic use of Souls.

2 Likes

Basing the game on unrealistic sense of hope doesn’t sound like a very good business model either.

I don’t know Studs, the way things are i understand that everyone is “oriented” to try to min/max everything as fast as they can, then it leads to burnout and to this state where chasing Mythics, with no regular or average good results, resulting in lower retention of players wich is not a desirable state.

Maybe it feels too soon to talk about this for you and others, but can’t you really imagine a point where we would have 20 or more Mythics and people would be unsatisfied for not not having any prospect of getting all of them or at least the ones they want?

1 Like

It’s the very end of your post. I don’t even want all of them. I want a realistic opportunity to at least get some of the ones I want. I have 3 mythics, War Abynissia and Gard. Gard is the only one that’s really useful.

It’s the hope of getting that one card you want that keeps people playing, and paying.

1 Like