Make mythics available for [x]...maybe souls?

I believe that after a certain amount of time (3-4 months?) after a new Mythic drops it should be made available in the Shop for Glory or Souls, make the price ridiculous if you have too but at least it’s obtainable. Have it as a one-time purchase if need be.

This way people who are fortunate enough to get a new Mythic can be the “exclusive” users for several months before it’s released to the unwashed masses for Glory, Souls or Gems.

2 Likes

thats true but i find them rather good enough compromise between free players and the developers needing income

for the people wanting to get more mythics they gave the 1/month mythic traitstone path to glory thing… its random but still :s

well i dont really know, obviously i would welcome any way they give us to “craft” a mythic if they do so. im just trying to be fair/realistic with my feature requests

I think they went the route of making things harder to obtain to increase longevity of play time, instead of content.

Now I get they’re a small crew, and maybe this was also made this way to buy time to complete projects.

I just think now it should switch over to troops being easier to get and more content to increase longevity.

Hopefully it gets there some day.

how about “loyalty points”

you get 1 point for each 5$ spent, and 1 point for each day logged in.
a mythic of your choice would cost 5000 points or something…

just a loose idea

amd there could be an option to sell your souls, like 5000 souls for 1 loyalty point etc etc

The problem there is once I’m “done” with all but mythics, with no way to target the mythics I need, I’ll be done. If I can spend 4 months using every resource earned and get no mythics, why bother striving to get them?

But If you could get mythics for 250k each, I’d be farming souls forever to get 4 of each mythic eventually.

The second option will keep me as a playing / paying customer for FAR longer.

4 Likes

I agree with you there, but currently as it sits there is no need to get mythics.

Also I was only saying what I think their intent was, not that I agree with it.

I’ve always hated the carrot on the stick reach-around in these types of games. I prefer content.

I just don’t think the devs should bend to these wants when the mythics were clearly designed to deplete resources.

I don’t think want is a strong enough motivator.

Need however is, but alas we don’t need them.

1 Like

The Devs have said many times that the daily packs are bought a lot. Making mythics available for a large amount of a given currency is likely to increase sales of that given currency. Ergo, it’s a great deal for the devs.

That’s what VIP is for.

1 Like

If they’re designed to deplete resources, why am I sitting on 300K souls? :wink:

Not those resources obviously :wink:

I’m talking about what it actually takes to get a mythic.

I just don’t agree with using just souls to craft mythics, more resources needed in my opinion to make things akin to Hearthstone crafting system for example. I’m not saying you should be denied your chance to make a Mythic or that 200K+ souls is easy to accomplish/gather, but 150K souls, stones of the same color, honor, gems or whatever would be a bit more challenging, keep people playing while new features/game modes will be released and set goals for the players while depleting drastically some resources that aren’t supposed to become so abundant after a certain point.

3 Likes

1500 Gems, 250K souls, 12 of each of the arcanes the mythic uses and 10000 Glory, might have been fair.

1 Like

Daaaaaaaamn, if @Tacet could lend me some glory i could manage the rest… :joy:

Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of RNG with that. :wink:

I wish I had Tacets ability to stack up resources from the very beginning, :sweat:

I am already pissing my pants thinking of the next mythic release…Thank godness its a month till the next trail.

But you do, i’m sure you have thousands of Major Traitstones. XD
Heck, we could put 300 of each color of Majors for the crafting and people wouldn’t even feel it as a loss.

lol, but what a good feeling it would had been to have 20K of each Gems and Glory Keys. Knowing for 100% that you won’t miss out on any of the new mythic releases…

Pretty much this, possibly with an additional caveat or new resource limiting crafting. I’d welcome souls as a crafting catalyst used alongside both other farmable and premium resources. Souls should have an outlet, but if things were to cost only souls to be crafted and also be guaranteed to get the thing that you want, then soul farming would be the end-all be-all for obtaining missing mythics or last legendaries to ascend at the high end, to the point of exclusion. In addition to this, disenchant should be buffed so that higher rarity troops give exponentially more souls when disenchanted, so that this is a viable means at earning souls.

My main issue with souls is that part of leveling kingdoms is so that you can reap the reward in tributes. But if you collect frequently (and you kind of need to if you want extra gems), by the time you reach 7* in everything with maxed out guild statues, you are pulling over 30k souls per week from tributes alone. Even with an average of 2.5 troops per week taking an average of 6k souls to level fully, you only need half that many to fully level every single released troop in the future. The issue is you need to pretty much fully level every single troop to get to this point, so you are done spending souls. Yet they still get offered up as rewards for various things. I know, they are nice for people that actually need them, but when they are assigned a certain “reward value” instead of just being a bonus free thing, they should have some actual value to everyone, even if it is really low for some people relative to others. For example, 100k gold may not be worth much to me in terms of rewards, but it is not utterly useless like 10k more souls would be at this point.

If we are returning to a one-glory pack per week schedule for the foreseeable future and with a triple tribute chance eventually coming, this is going to get even worse. Souls could really use an outlet in general.

Also exactly this. Without a way to reliably target specific troops and basically being on a “fixed weekly income” along with getting random drops, you don’t have any agency toward completing your collection. Without any agency to move toward your goal, it might as well be unattainable - regardless of whether your play four hours per week or forty, you get close to the same amount of troops per week. Not having a mythic is not going to keep me playing longer because my gameplay has no impact on whether or not I get one or not. This is much different than having “nothing to do” after completely leveling and traiting all troops, because you can use gameplay to make actual tangible progress toward those things, and once they are completely “done”, you only have the weekly releases and new kingdoms to account for and at that point gameplay is no longer moving you toward any goal, you’ll probably eventually get bored. Technically, you could farm gold toward legendary tasks or farm treasure hunt for gems and keys for literally hundreds of hours to maybe pull the next thing you need, randomly, but even for those that enjoy the grind, this is pure masochism at this point. And of course, obtaining Mythics also increases the amount of stuff you need to farm. Each Mythic I don’t get at this point is another 42 arcanes closer to being “done” I am.

2 Likes

I wish I could like a post twice!

@Rasper @Mithran