Let's see some positive feedbacks for Guild War

I know there’s a thread already for Guild War feedbacks, but from what I’ve seen there have been a lot of negative comments.
So I figure I want to start a POSITIVE ONLY thread where people can talk about the good points of GW that they like.

The way I see Guild War, it’s basically a chance for me to switch up my usual PvP teams, and I really only keep 2 that are good enough for speed farming trophies. Now, the focus isn’t winning trophies as fast as I can, but to look at the opponent’s team and figure out the best troops to use within the range of the daily Color. It’s a huge improvement from the usual trophy grind. I’m glad that I actually get to use all those other troops that I normally wouldn’t even look at.

11 Likes

I like having to choose between a mono-color team that might lose, and a different team that will win but with a lower bonus.

I like scouting my opponent’s team, seeing that my standard team won’t cut it (hello, 4x scale guard!), and devising a new team that can still finish with four troops on the board.

Edit: I like that my guild is in a low enough bracket that I see at most one Famine each day. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This.

Lots more variety. Forces me to assemble new teams, which is a load of fun. So far I have two teams (purple and brown) which are strong enough to use on a daily basis in PVP. Still working on the other four.

8 Likes

I agree with everyone so far… No need repeating the above posts😎

3 Likes

The biggest compliment that I can offer is that GW brought back the suspense of the early game, where every move felt like it mattered.

After reaching end game with my trophy farm Gard Team with the Mercy sponge. I can literally play without thinking. GW gave me back the drama that drew me into GoW in the first place.

:wink:

15 Likes

I really like that Guild Wars got me out of a rut teambuilding wise. Since GW hit i have experimented with new teambuilds more than at any point in the last year i think, and i keep experimenting even after i found a well-oiled mono team to create additional ones of that colour.

I like the added suspense in GW, and the fact that actually dedicating attention and time to the running battles does not feel like an inefficient use of my grinding time like it does in regular pvp.
Related to that so-called grief-defences in GW don’t annoy me, as i take my time, plan and strategize around the multiple threats to win. Those kind of defences annoy me much more in regular pvp because of the grind-time factor.

I like that it sparked more interaction and activity in my guild, even though there are still some soldiers left that need additional motivation to do their battles it seems, work in progress i guess :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the relaxed vibe in my guild about the whole thing, not caring about the outcome of battles but a general interest in everyone participating in whatever way GW is enjoyable for the individual members.

7 Likes

Yes, GW has many player try to think of new teams, or at least minor variation.
I even considered making depriving defences (like, for exemple, putting an Owl that removes Purple on Purple day)

3 Likes

My issue with removing the days color gems is i have found that i rely on each cards second color anyway… So spirit fox doesnt stop my gorgotha from gaining mana for instance

2 Likes

In addition to what others have already said, I also like that you get the PvP rewards for playing GW.

7 Likes

Indeed, and, alas, currently, the AI is better served using DM and Devour than mana-deprivation.
But it was fun to consider!

2 Likes

Also why take away something like 15 mana from the board before the opponent collects it, when you can just take 50 ish mana from the opponent after he invested the effort of collecting it ? :wink:

Edit: Oops this was about GW positivity, so let me add that i also really like seeing legions of Famines die on a daily basis!

2 Likes

The mode made me revisit a lot of troops. And notice troops which need a nerf and which need a buff

4 Likes

I’m playing more now than I have. I like tweaking teams to find the right combination that works, definitely not as boring as using one team all week. I usually use my main team Monday to get my Tier up then experiment with teams in pvp for the next days battle.

3 Likes

My Dwarven Miner is happy that he finally had a chance to see the field of battle.

And the fact that the above statement is true shows how awesome GW is for changing things up offensively. Loving it!

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll bite.
What conceivable build is there for a Dwarven Miner to show up in Guild War? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

He’s impervious, brown, and only uses 3 mana so he doesn’t really block anything. Basically he’s a glorified placeholder since you need 4 colour troops for max points :wink: . And while his spell is normally useless, you will find it helpful once or twice over your 5 battles.

5 Likes

Can agree to everything of the above. A victory only feels like a victory if a loss costs something. Winning 5/0 without losses feels like a tiny little achievement every day, greater than anything pvp could ever get you.

And GW still has potential. Make a week with offense and defense where you can only choose from base common, rare and ultra-rare (no epics, legends and mythics) for a nice little change of pace.

2 Likes

Or do like the weekly event, and you have to pick from certain races, or kingdoms for bonus. Like you have to use undead? or you get even more bonus for using purple, and undead, or you know it doesnt have to always be just colors.

Already thought about that, but I guess defeating Deathknight, 2x Famine, Death is hard enough with a mono color team. If you get limited to a single race that might get too hard. Dragons might work, Goblins as well, but Giants, Mechs, Naga or Elf? If the defense can still choose from all troops - impossible. If the defense was limited to troops of that race for that day, could be fun.

2 Likes

What I appreciate very much with this new system, it obliges me to find compositions different according to the situations.
I play for a long time at this game and I always use the same team in the pvp, exploration … arena mode, it’s draft, we do not choose.
But here I see different defenses, and I must reflect to the proper composition with the colors.
It makes me want to play and I play troops that I never used before

2 Likes