Let's see some positive feedbacks for Guild War

I can’t say much that hasn’t already been said - I love the suspense, I love the experimentation and team building, and I especially love that once useless cards are useful again (why hello Nobend Brothers).

5 Likes

I love this too. As has already been mentioned elsewhere, Cockatrice has turned out to be a really strong troop and I don’t think anyone would’ve ever guessed it. One thing I wanted to look at: Back when the fantasy drafts were a thing, did anyone ever pick it? Were there troops in there that people argued were strong despite not being used much that are now being proven as strong?

Really makes me much more curious about a synchronous PvP mode now. It would clearly cause players to develop a meta separate from asynch PvP.

3 Likes

Cockatrice, Succubus, the aforementioned Nobend Brothers. It’s pretty fun if a little mind-wracking trying to fit all the single-color puzzles together.

4 Likes

Dare i say Nobend Brothers were hip before GW ?

Also only since GW do i actually bother with summoning troops who rarely had a place in the time-efficiency mess regular pvp is, are incredibly useful in GW, another great thing that came from it.

2 Likes

All of this might change as the novelty of GW wears out, but for now:

• GW gave me incentive to experiment with a variety of troops I previously didn’t care about
  • it gave me a reason to try in PvP again - I previously did PvP just because I had to get trophies for the guild, now I play it to test my GW teams
  • it livened up the guild, gave us all something new to try for and it shows in our weekly seals (we’re doing MUCH better than before)
  • the GW matches are more fun (and more stress) with points on the line
2 Likes

I’ll add: It gave me a use for my seals.

I had about 120-140k going into GW. I was just never that motivated to upgrade all of my kingdoms to max stars, especially since I knew I would need a lot more souls than that and the traitstones would be even more of a pain. I’m now at like 10k. And in the process I’ve gotten better Tributes, a couple of extra Stat bonuses, etc.

2 Likes

Although GW has caused a mix of feelings in my guild from loving the challenge to frustration & stress, the one thing it has done is to get many of us to communicate, coordinate, share ideas & experiences with each other. A number of people who were scarce in guild chat have opened up over GW. We feel much more cohesive than before I think.

3 Likes

Guild wars has gotten me into the habit of playing 5 games a day, making it a little less crazy for me to get to pvp rank 1 at the end of the week instead of sometimes cramming tons of games in on Sat and Sun.

2 Likes

Guild wars made me think different.
instead of “how can I win as fast as possible”
Its now “How can I win without loosing troops” “do I have a backup plan if this or that happends”
team building is more fun now imo

3 Likes

I also learned that Minogor is awesome.
I’m building a PvP team around him after I got to pulverize the field with him in Guild War :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve found a couple of cool combos from GW that I wouldn’t have messed around with otherwise and now use them from time to time in PVP against specific teams or when I don’t feel like using the same team all the time.

1 Like

here is the only good thing i can say about guild wars, it something a lil different than what we have been normally doing. i could write a book on the neg lol

I love running into cool teams for Guild War… so I can steal their ideas!

I agree with almost everything that has been said.

Two points for me, strategy now. I really think hard and long about it. During the day before I play at night, I read every card in that color again, looking for combos I hadn’t thought of the week before. I also take advantage now more heavily on the week’s bonus kingdom and type. This week especially I learned about three knights that really KICK **** together and how to line them up to make the most damage, and used them at least twice this week each in their secondary colors.

I also am really thinking Defense strategies with my offense GW Team. Before I would not think how can I defend myself against Death/Famine/Crimson/Emp combos. I would be very offensive and sometimes win and sometimes loose.

Now, like this week I went up against that difficult combos of Death/Famine and Death/Faminex2 or Deathx2/Famine and won every single time (and they were 100 points more teams) because I put a BRICK in the front that could just take that point loss and I could replenish them with his card speciality(Check out Clockwork Knight).

I’ve become more attentive to banner bonuses, and additional troop bonuses. Where can I get an additional +2 magic or armor or what not. Anything to give my troops just the little extra to pull off a win.

Last week it was 5/0 this week it is 4/1.

1 Like

I love that guild wars makes you want to play with different teams.
It adds a nice touch, where you play with a few different teams.

I wish they would apply the same to defense teams, so that you would play more different defense teams during the week as well. Like 50 points per card of the correct color in your defense team per fight, and double that score if your defense team wins. That’s a max of 4x50=200 double on win = 400. With a maximum of 150 battles per day, that would be 30.000 to 60.000 bonus points in a day (closer to 30, as you mostly don’t win).
You could even scale the hard nr (50) with your guild’s color bonus (aka, 50 points if you get 50% bonus per troop, and 20 points if your guild gets 20% bonues per troop).

I would also like it if you got double points for winning against a team that uses duplicated cards (like 3x spirit fox or 2x famine). To discourage people from using duplicate cards, and therefor making more cards be used in guild wars.

And how about a reward every week for “rarest card used in a guild wars victory” that week.
That would make people try to put obscure cards in their deck :slight_smile:

1 Like