Legendary Task Rewards

Thanks for sharing! I will try to track the legendary tasks in our guild too in the next few weeks, pooling as much data as possible should help in figuring out the new reward tables :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed, legendary tasks (and by extension, gold) took a huge and unnecessary hit with this update. 1-3 keys and some runics and glory for a million gold? Unfortunate that niche strategies and investing time in the game now have sharply diminished value. The crafting resources that actually have value now also pretty much have an energy timer.

I’m optimistic that both of these can be reconsidered, but time will tell.

6 Likes

I wonder if we can extrapolate the dev’s “gem value” formula from this data? The claim was that the “gem value” of legendary tasks has only dropped by about 20%. I have the feeling they are probably far overvaluing traitstones in the formula, and probably glory keys as well.

1 Like

I’m concerned that raw gems may have taken a double hit. Gem value of LTs has been reduced by 16% and “some” gem rewards have been converted to gem keys.

Using completely arbitrary numbers to try and describe my thoughts:

If I’m accustomed to earning an average of 100 raw gems per week from LTs, a 16% decrease would mean a drop to an average of 84 per week.

What percentage of that 84 has been converted to keys? 10%? 25%? 40%?

Going with a heavy-handed 40% would mean I should expect an average of 50 raw gems per week going forward. That’s an overall 50% nerf in raw gem income.

On top of asking players to spend 50 gems per day for 20 diamonds.

Weekly reset is going to be reeeally interesting once the data starts pouring in.

2 Likes

Exactly. What is the gem value of a gem key anyways? Is it the price it costs to buy a single gem key with gems, or 10? The average price per gem key in a pack of 50, or 9? Or is it the purchasing power of said gem for whatever reamains relevant for the player, often at this point just mythics, which for a VIP 5 player would be either 4.5 to 5. It is going to vary from player to player. My “gem value” for a gem key is 4.5. My “gem value” for a glory key is 0.45. My “gem value” for an event key is about 5 based on opportunity cost of using glory rather than the purchase price in gems and using said key to hunt for a legendary in an average two legendary kingdom. My “gem value” for traitstones is zero, across the board, because they dead end hard, but even being generous, would have never been that high to begin with because they are farmable, and gems are not.

Even if we define gem value as “comparative purchasing power of the drop for the average player”, it should be considered that the average player does not get legendary tasks and therefore stating specific percentage drops in “gem values” means absolutely nothing. I brought up this same thing when guild tasks were changed and the claim was made about which groups were getting more “gem value” out of their tasks, and my numbers were much different even at a late midgame player at the time, standardizing the gem value as the purchasing power of a legendary rather than a mythic.

5 Likes

I think it’s safe to assume the answer is 10 gems = 1 gem key.

1 Like

A gem key costs 10 gems, but you can also use those gems for a lot of other things. Pass on buying five gem keys, and you could buy the daily “gem bounty” and get 20 diamonds.

I would consider 20 diamonds to be a lot more valuable than five gem keys, but people will have differing thoughts.

It’s 50 per diamond pack, not 20.

1 Like

Oops. You’re right. I’ve edited my post with the correct cost.

I’d still rather have 50 gems in my pocket than five gem keys!

You also get 400 shards, which is equivalent to 4 diamonds if you use them for that (and you should, since that is the prevailing bottleneck). The relevant exchange rate is 50 gems: 24 diamonds, limited to once per day.

I thought that the LTs being reduced a bit wasn’t great but liveable. Then we pull this.
One good treasure map is way better than this ? You guys have GOT to be joking. We should seriously get our gold back.

@Sirrian @Saltypatra
IMG_1763|690x388

5 Likes

@Aelthwyn add that one to your LT spreadsheet. Lol

@Ninertwo Cross posting for some developer visibility.

I can say the most excited thing about 6 lt’s we’ve done so far since the update is only 50 glory keys… Lol every thing else was just stale…

Hold on let me just reword that, yes I was excited about glory keys out of everything else. the whole whooping 1 key drops makes me want to not donate anything…

Thanks! I could have spent 100k in gold keys and gotten better rewards.

4 Likes

It’s not worth cashing in the LTs until they fix them. It’s clearly broken, atm. There’s no way LTs should be similar to the value of one treasure map. Complaining isn’t my thing but this is unbelievable.

10 Likes

I can honestly say this is NOT worth 1 million gold… Sorry not sorry. #fixthelegendarytasks

4 Likes

So the equivalent of 80 glory and 10 gems along with 4 event keys.

Asking a guild to donate 1,000,000 gold for that is a joke, and not a funny one.

3 Likes

In fact, devs said that tier 3 rewards have been improved but it seems that it’s only the case for some rewards…

It’s me or gems are not available with LT anymore?

2 Likes