Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

My good man I did miss it! :slight_smile:

Oh by choice, I like that!

Yeah I like all those ideas actually, golden.

Exactly, breaking it down by effort and time spent VS. rewards is the way to go.

If you want to build up competition, you inspire guild confidence. If they know that the deck is stacked against them from the go, thereā€™s no need to show up.

4 Likes

No i believei know exactly why there is a goat, instead of horse, pulling this cartā€¦

They, the devs, might not see it as a huge issueā€¦ NOT TO THE EXTENT that it would require a huge investiment in some project to prevent it.

What the Top 1 of PVP gets by the end of the week is hardly a big deal to be so covetted anyway. Yes, it would be nice to be among the Top 10 for bragging rights and such. But the real, sort of tangible, in-game rewards are some traitstones that anyone can farm quite easily in Explore Mode, the gems and other stuff can also be farmed in some more laborious ways like Treasure Mapsā€¦

As i said many times PVP is a joke, yeah so much for a fanboy that really despises a game mode, but it sorts of work like a weekly ā€œin-game jobā€ to keep people occupied and help them making some progress. So itā€™s not a total failure, except for the competitive aspect that is tainted by people sharing accounts and other issues and details, and the developers might have recognized that itā€™s not working as it should because of those limitations and simply increasing the rewards coverage until a point where itā€™s humanly possible to play until you and others get what is deservedā€¦ No, this would just overload the game with more premium currency and more problems would breed.

Then Sirrian sat on his throne thinking about the next competitive mode they should create:

So he, and the rest of the team probably had a lot of meetings to figure out a lot of restrictions to prevent any more exploits like people playing on more than one account.

The five daily limit could as well be one the measures alongside the total mumber of battles, maybe not a solid idea to start with but for a group of people thatā€¦

They come around and listened to the feedback and changed it. I was against the change even knowing that it could bit me in the rear at some point, but i understood that they designed it in this fashion to guarantee an average gameplay on each day of the week with rewards attached on each day.

Do you even remember that people asked for extra attacks in order to cover up any missing guildmate that might need to take care of IRL issues? But if they did followed this suggestion it would open a breach for people to play ā€œfor othersā€, something that they might been trying to avoid in the first place.

Yeah, iā€™m throwing assumptions of why things are some way or another, and why the devs decided for it in the first place. I canā€™t pretend to know the answers, such as ā€œBecause they donā€™t care!ā€

Sometimes they canā€™t/wonā€™t assume certain things in public because they are, in the end, icons of their company. Their presence, good humor and playfull jokes with us here are but a courtesy, a very nice one that iā€™m sure you also enjoyed over and over again.

So feel free to call me a fanboy as much as you want when i respond to any (as i judge) ill-tempered posts saying that the devs donā€™t care or when i think they are being unfairly treated just because you feel entitled to coerce them for an statement that they canā€™t solve a problem. What good would it do? Honestly, just answer me that! How will it help them overcome the problem?

Admitting it wonā€™t work out except to satiate your ego and undermine, a little, their image.

So much for a fan of Sirrianā€™s workā€¦ Itā€™s a good thing that iā€™m not one in this twisted senseā€¦

Guild wars will give my guild something to compete at, and spend from my ridiculous pile of gems, glory, and souls. Though technically itā€™s investing since Iā€™ll win far more than I spend.

2 Likes

I will probably buy all bonus exept gems and still going to kick stupid AI ass :slight_smile:

4 Likes

1 Like

Ok, i can accept that, but what about the solution for the issue thatā€™s been terrorizing your existence in GoW? After the devs admit they failed, what they should do to solve it? So far i pointed out one solution, no matter how unpractical it is from a financial standing point having a facial recognition system would work, and iā€™m an idiotā€¦ If you canā€™t point something better than that what are you then? :thinking:

Iā€™m not responding to you further. Youā€™re jumping all over the place and taking things I said about issue A and applying them to issue B. You obviously have a bug up your ass about something Iā€™ve said or done in the past, because itā€™s obviously personal. So like I said, Iā€™m done with it and washing my hands of it. Have a good one.

Why must these previews always end in nastiness? Break it up fellas. Donā€™t make me turn this car around.

11 Likes

I canā€™t be more unpersonal for someone that resorts to ofenses and never points a clear solution to the problems perceivedā€¦

Resorts to offenses? Youā€™ve been putting words in my mouth for a few hours now but itā€™s me thatā€™s resorting to offenses. ROFL

As for clear solutions, every criticism Iā€™ve leveled over the past year or so Iā€™ve been here has been accompanied by a proposed solution, either from me or from someone else.

The reason you donā€™t see me proposing a solution is because it doesnā€™t fit with what you want it to be. Iā€™ve already proposed a clear solution, three in fact. You just chose to ignore them, as you usually do.

15 Likes

I propose you seek therapy. You get way too upset over a free to play game that is supposed to be fun.

1 Like

Iā€™m not upset at all.

Iā€™ll buy up to level three. Any more and Iā€™d feel guilty about beating teams that have two less stat points lol

You seem to be taking guild wars way too seriously before itā€™s even launched. You could totally ignore it and not lose anything. Or spend a trifle for the lower level statues and win lots of loot you never would have without guild wars.
But the constant complaining is getting old.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t put words into your mouth, i quoted everything you wrote in the thread and didnā€™t changed a single letter of it. You claimed that the devs maybe didnā€™t cared at all about the issue and i even pointed out some reasons for why they wouldnā€™t comment on itā€¦

Do you mean this?

Very well, then please elaborate on that so even an idiot like me can understand your reasoning:
1- How admitting it will help on the issue?
2- Halting any new feature in the game will honestly help it at all? Weā€™ve been craving for new content and while they canā€™t stop people from sharing accounts the rewards from the top ladder on PVP, as they are very restrict to a small number of players, will hardly have a huge impact. Itā€™s not ideal as i said before, but then again if they CANā€™T CHANGE it we might as well just accept it or quit the game.
3- Spending money is not required as anyone can surely obtain gems to use on the sentinels. But itā€™s up to each player how they want to support a game and iā€™m sure that adding features with spending mechanics is not appealing if gems would be really scarce, something that is simply not true on GoW even with the limit of Guildā€™s tasks.

Iā€™ve posted a reply, a big one just because i was ignoring your three solutionsā€¦

I wonder what will you call me when you lose your good will thenā€¦

If you did put words in his mouth heā€™d have choked to death. This is not a literature class. Keep your arguments short and sweet. If you can not make a brief argument, than you have none.

This post has now devolved into primordial internet soup. If people donā€™t get back on task soon Iā€™m going to have to put out a call to the Gifvengers to bombard this post with gifs until thereā€™s nothing left. @HKdirewolf, @Theina, @Eika and @Verdugo, get your gif guns loaded and ready for the call!

8 Likes

English is not my native language and maybe i struggle to make a point because i circle around too much, fearing to be misinterpreted. Aside from that, i thought i was free to write as much as i wanted until some forum authority instructs me otherwiseā€¦ Are you a forum authority?

3 Likes

https://www.mencap.org.uk/understandme/images/gifs/r52xR8XLhq1Zm.gif

Lets dance for god sake! :smiley:

7 Likes