Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

i second a gif party

1 Like

You can type as much as you want. But the more you type the less likely anyone reads or cares about it. Make it long enough and you are talking only to yourself. And disrupting the thread while you do it.

Think about the point you wish to make, then type.

3 Likes

@Eika can handle this, ha ha.

Iā€™ll just watch from afar :smirk:

4 Likes

I was thinking, which albeit is normally not words you want to hear, maybe the reason that they or any business really would want to put in a leader-board vs targeted competition is to make money. If youā€™re grouped into one big leader-board with all the guilds and you see those at the top, obviously you want to do as they do. So that means spending whatever it takes to try to get the upper-hand.

If it was targeted per se this might not be the case. Obviously iā€™m not a Dev or any experience in this field, but for instance if you were in a smaller overall group, would you be willing to spend gems if you already know youā€™re the best guild in the group? Iā€™m not sureā€¦

In other words if this is true and their stance, then I could understand the overall leader-board. Sometimes as a Developer you have to cut corners. Such as this isnā€™t the best form of competition they could implement, but it is the best way to make them money.

1 Like

I honestly try, thank you for your input.

1 Like

I wonder what song that comes on in that GIF when a man like that doesnt even needs his crutches, and starts to dance. In fact it is true that music heals wounds. My best bet:

Rest in peace, Chuck Berry. Truely a Legend! :smiley:

Now back to GWā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s very possible but if thatā€™s the case I think itā€™s short-sighted and definitely doesnā€™t make me want to open my wallet again. I do trust that Sirrian and co. are trying to find good middle ground where they can make money (which Iā€™m all for) but not treat their users as ATMs (which I appreciate) but, for me, this misses the mark big time and, if this is the path they take, will make me less likely to open my wallet in the future. Of course, Iā€™m just one player, and Iā€™m not such a big whale that Iā€™d impact their bottom line in any way but I suspect Iā€™m not alone in this. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

food for thought, if its expensive to max sentinels every week, you dont need to compete to win every week.
Save up with a coordinated effort from your guild and you can be on even par with the top guilds who max them out every week.
The name is in the title " guild wars " not everyone is gonna get first place or top 100, but its possible for lower end guilds to compete well enough with saving and coordinated effort.
As for PVP, again the name is in the title, if someone wants to spend 24/7 to get some gold and traitstones that you can get anyway, more power to them, but just because that person is doing so, doesnā€™t make it unfair to the casual player playing 1hr a day, hence " player vs player "
This has been gaming norm for a long time, iā€™m not sure what people thought they were signing up to playing this game so much if they didnā€™t like the format.
Someone has to win, someone has to lose, simple logic really.

2 Likes

I believe there are more things involved:

• If the devs are after our money they could certainly decrease the amont of gems we can get on a daily basis starting with tributes for example.
  • They could also reduce the amont of gems you get from being at Top 10 on GW and such.

What i believe they tried to do is providing a bonus at an average amount of premium currency that a seasoned player is able to gather during a week. Yeah, it is restrictive to the majority of players, but Guildā€™s War is not supposed to be all inclusive if we are looking at it as a competition for the best and better organized guilds.

Yeah I agree. I would like to see the game and competition be the best it possibly can be.

Sometimes not possible, but we can wish. Speaking of wishes, I WISH they could find a way to give us both. Our dream competition, and somehow still make the money they need.

But I have my doubts on that many people spending money on resupplying their gems anyways except newer people. Thereā€™s gotta be a better way, but then again iā€™m sure theyā€™ve thought of that. Obviously theyā€™re confident itā€™s going to make money.

Such as guild seals. When they were first released for money, I saw lots of people overall hate the idea. But I buy them almost every week, and thereā€™s no denying their usefulness.

Iā€™m not sure how long youā€™ve been playing GoW, @YerMa but this isnā€™t the game any of us long term players ā€œsigned up forā€ as the game was very different back then. Iā€™m not saying the game has gotten worse (in many ways itā€™s gotten much much better) but youā€™re speaking from a place of ignorance when you make a statement such as that (no offense meant, just pointing out the facts). :slight_smile:

1 Like

not being ignorant, pvp system is the same format in any game, the more you play and win, the better you do, thats what people signed up for :slight_smile:

Im ready lol

3 Likes

They donā€™t need to decrease anything, we already donā€™t have enough stuff.

What I donā€™t like overall is those who already have a lot of materials stored, would never have to buy gems to keep participating in the buff. Those who donā€™t have anything are the ones that will pay. Which is common sense, but something about that doesnā€™t sit right.

Those who already have lots of rewards risk nothing, those that donā€™t risk everything.

Also thereā€™s the whole idea of having to decide if you want to get the highest buff in the week or open chests. Iā€™m not rolling in gems and I already know my answer to that dilemma. :grinning:

Of course iā€™m not complaining, just pointing things out the way I see them.

3 Likes

if only one of those sentinels was minor traitstone funded, that would solve a common complaint on here, like @HKdirewolf mentions about lots of materials stored

That reminds me: how do people accumulate so many stored gems? Weā€™ve been limited in terms of max gem income for the last many weeks, and I routinely see people talk about spending 5000+ gems chasing the latest mythic. If people are buying gem packs to get that much of a hoard, great (and thank you for supporting F2P people like myself!); if this is sustainable week-over-week income, what am I doing wrong?

The only thing you did wrong was not playing the game at release.

A lot of the ones you see with all the stored materials, have been playing for a long time before the guild tasks got a ā€œnerf.ā€

4 Likes

Reread what you wrote then reread what I quoted and responded with: your statement was ignorant. Thatā€™s just a fact. Sorry if that upsets you; thatā€™s not my intent.

If I purchased a condo and then came back and theyā€™d turned it into an apartment, that wasnā€™t what I signed up for. The game many of us ā€œsigned up forā€ was completely different so your statement makes no sense.

1 Like

Where do we sign?

I explained the pvp mechanics that exist in both pvp and guild wars, the more you play and win, the better you will do, that is basically the premise of every pvp system on games, call me ignorant all you like, but thats the fact, PVP is ā€œplayer vs playerā€ not charity case.
Your condo reference makes no sense, that would imply you had something that got degraded, you havenā€™t had anything taken away from you, this new guild wars actually gives you more, you are only recognising your disadvantages and complaining about it, If you get 1 gem at the end of the week or 1000 gems, your condo is improving, not degrading.
Your statement makes no sense.
As for upsetting me, I really donā€™t care what strangers on the internet think of me :slight_smile: