GoW: ToDo Monitor

IE didn’t like it either, and Norton found it to be conspicuous and unconfirmed.
The algorithm includes factors such as “not downloaded often” and “not signed by author”

This is a problem that any homemade app will have. It hasn’t been downloaded by many people because it’s new and only useful to a small group of people.

I see these warnings on many homemade game apps/mods and as long as other folk have downloaded it with no ill effect, I’ll assume it’s okay and download it too (increasing the reported “safety” of the file).

Of course, it’s definitely safer not to download it (or anything on the internet for that matter).

New version v1.3 with:

1. reserved trait: you can now reserve trait. For example, you want Sheggra’s 3rd trait but you need some lava arcane so you want to always have enough red minor TS.
    Now checkbox have three states: lock, reserved, unlock.
    The reserved traits are also save/load in the configGoW.xml file.
    You don’t have any display of how many and which TS have been reserved.
  2. ToLvlMax: make the interface similar to other windows.
    When you launch this feature, the reserved traits will be considered as unlocked traits.
    Add a button that display the total of required traitstones of the selectioned traits.
    Add a button that reserved the selectioned traits in the main window (and you can save it).
  3. filter: now, the filters displays the troops concerned only (before only the traitstones were modified).
    Available filters:
    a) base rarity ones: maybe to answer this topic: REQUEST: Sort by base rarity :stuck_out_tongue:
    b) ToDo: keep the troops that you need to improve only. ToDoLvl can be used to see the ones that you haven’t fully ascended.
    c) CanDoTrait: display the troops which can be “traited”. There is no update…
    d) ReservedTrait: display the troops with a reserved trait only.

I will upload a zip file with a password: GoW
Maybe the security issue could be resolved…

Thanks for the feedbacks/ideas ;-).

5 Likes

I have only had a quick look so far but it seems great.

To reassure people, here is an analysis of the complete package:
result in Gdata Antivirus, Malwarebyte’s, Spybot
Safe files

3 Likes

I’m wondering if I am using this app properly. Looking for advice.
(Please note I am only using v1.2)

I have entered all the data, some time ago.
I came back to it, and had to update it again. I assume updates are always manual?

Also, the reason I came back to try this again was:
I have 2 kingdoms with grey stars.
I have 17 kingdoms with 1 gold star
I have 3 kingdoms with 2 gold stars.

In game, I can see that two of my 2-star kingdoms are ‘close’ to 3 stars.

So what I want to work out is the soul cost / traits cost to get each kingdom to its next level
This way, I can upgrade them starting with the cheapest to do.

I cannot see a way to find this info in the app.
Is it possible to do this?

In a perfect world, I guess I would love the feature to be a single button:
“What Next?”
You click it, it works out what you can afford and tells you. I know that’s probably more work than it’s worth

You should download the 1.3. It is great.

The kingdoms drop-down menu tells you how many levels / traits you need to get to the next level for each kingdom.

It was extremely difficult for me to download 1.2. I havent the patience to go through that again

In the kingdom list, you will find on the top the nearest kingdom to its next power level. In second position, the second nearest. Etc. And this feature is also available on the 1.2.

I didn’t manage anything about the download. But if you have any advices, thanks to share it :wink: .

1 Like

I don’t have any ideas about the download. I can’t even remember how I managed it, in honesty.
But thank you for the valuable info.

That’s a good tip.

-edit- Can I ask, does it calculate the soul cost of levelling, or just tell me that 2100/2400 is closer than 600/1200?

The download is just a casual uploader website :stuck_out_tongue: . Maybe not the better. I’m not an expert uploader.

The kingdoms are sorted according to the power points (50pts/troop, 10pts/level and 25pts/traits).
You can see the required souls for one kingdom is you select this one kingdom.

1 Like

The required souls is to get to level 5, yes?

The required soul is the soul required to level all your troops. Not related that’s much to power level.
For example, you don’t need all your troops level 20 if there are 9 troops to have 5th stars.

1 Like

Yes, so it’s the cost of levelling all the troops to max level.

What I’m looking for is a way to know which kingdom is the cheapest in cost to get to the next power level.

I can see which one is 2100/2400 and which is 600/1200, but what I don’t know is which one is cheaper to get to that breakpoint.

It would be a lot of work to implement, of course. I’m not asking for it, I was just hoping it was already there.

Cheaper in terms of souls? Traits?

Did you see/use the ToDo feature? You can select the cheapest traits and reserved them so it will be taking into account on the main view.

Else, in your example, you have a difference of 300 pts between both kingdoms. So I think that the first one must be cheaper :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I am using a broad example, but even then, it could be wrong.
It depends on what troops I have. If I have two troops at level 1 in the 2100 place, then it could be cheaper.
Again, this is an extreme example to make a point.
The truth is that all my troops are muddled and vary between like levels 5 to 15, which is why I can’t work out which kingdom will next be cheapest. Some are closer than others, but no guarantee that will be cheaper.
And there are some that I just can’t make the breakpoint, because I don’t have enough levels left to buy until I get the legendary from that realm (or get some awesome traitstones)

And I generally mean in terms of souls.
I don’t have so many traitstones lying around that I can just give everyone traits to hit a breakpoint, sadly.

But I’m sure you get my point, so I’ll head off. (Got a kingdom to run, I’m afraid.)

By the way, you have done good work, with the program you have written. Just in case anybody bothers to read this far down the thread :smiley:

1 Like

Do you have the source code for this published anywhere? Could you make it available?

The source code is not published.

In fact, I don’t really want several different versions of this software.
Moreover, it’s pretty simple source code so I think one programmer (me) is enough.

If you want some improvements, you can share here your ideas ;-).

In all cases, can you please explain why you want the source code?

1 Like

Because I’m a dev and i like looking at code. :slight_smile: Mostly I wanted to see how the logic works behind the upgrade paths, and if it would be possible to do interim upgrade paths (i.e., not get to max level cities, but 1 or 2 stars - what’s the most efficient upgrade route.)