I create an application to have an overview of my progress. Most of us should have a spreasheet to do that but this solution is quite limited and can be slow if you put some crazy formula.
This application is for PC only, I cannot do any version for iOS or Android.
It is based on your progress so you will need to enter all your data the first time only (you can save ).
So what you can do with it (for one kingdom or all kingdoms):
- know the souls required to level up all your troops/Hero's classes
- know the traitstones required for the unlocked traits
- know the troops requiring a specific traitstone
- know what you require to level up a kingdom to 5-stars and which traits are the most easier to unlock
- know the stats of the troops before leveling them
This application and its contents was also suggered thanks to the feedbacks of mainly @KAYA43V3R , the Rainmaker's guild and the Match Masters' one. Thanks to them for their feedbacks .
Now how it works:
1) Download it here: http://www.megafileupload.com/3s88w/GoWToDov2.2e.zip
2) Unzip it (extract it, password: GoW)
Optional) If you have already used a previous version of this application, you can copy/paste your configGoW.xml file.
3) Launch it (GoWToDo.exe)
4) Then, you have to find the "Gems of War" folder in the Steam files. If you don't find, try to search it with the file explorer. You have to select the main folder so the one named "Gems of War".
5) You have to wait because all the pictures are resized/copied on the application folder. The other launches should be more faster afterwards. Normally, you should have something like that:
6) You have to fill the left panel according to your troops level/traits/rarity. If you don't have one troop, you just have to put his level to 0. And if you want, you can also fill the right panel with the traitstones that you currently have. I recommend to do it only before using the ToDo features (see below). There are also two entries in the .xml file that you can modify and can make this easier: BaseLevel (if 0 then all the new troops will be level 0) and InitialRarityMythic, if value="true" then all the new troops will be mythic else base rarity.
7) Save (top right button).
8) And that's all.
What you can do now (I will not described the obvious features):
- by passing the cursor on a locked trait, you will see the cost of it. If you pass on the 3rd trait and you didn't unlock the 2nd trait, you will see the sum of the requirements of both traits.
- click on one traitstone will show all the troops requiring this traitstone and all the kingdoms giving it.
- if your cursor is on one traitstone, its name will appear and in which kingdom it can drop.
- there is some filter for the traitstone (bottom right) according to the base rarity of the troops. ArcaneCheap is one special filter that I use: you can see the arcane required by Commom/Rare/Ultra-Rare troops only.
- when you change to a specific kingdom, a new button appeared. I use this one when a Xth troop is available to know which traits I have to do to maximize this kingdom.
- click in one kingdom to display its troops (the top-left one is the Hero's classes)
- click on a star in the table (1st row) at the top and you will which kingdoms can attain this number of stars but that you didn't reach yet
- click on a number in the table (2nd row) at the top and you will which kingdoms are actually at this number of stars
- click on the map somewhere whith no shield to reset the map
- the map size can be modified in the configGoW.xml file: scaleMap
- you should have fill the traitstones on the right panel before using this feature.
- firstly, you have to choose between ascend your troops or not if you have some troops not ascended. Generally, you should said "no". But, if you are near to ascend all your troops in this kingdom, you can try "yes".
- now, a new window opens with the number of souls required (if you say no, it's the soul required to level up your troops to their max level which can be different of 20) and also, the traits required with the list of all unlocked traits.
- in green, you have the traits that you can do and in red the ones that you cannot do with the specific missing traitstones.
- if you check one trait, the traitstones for this trait are "used" and you can continue to check other traits.
- with that, you can normally plan which way is the better to maximize your kingdom.
- the list of traits is sorted according to the sum of TS you require for each trait. I put weights for every TS rarity: for example, the major TS are abundant so you want to put a small weight and the opposite for arcane/celestial. You will find these weights in the config file. There are two values for each rarities: "Not" one is when you require this TS like the example above. And the other one is used when you have it. For example, you have enough arcane for one trait but maybe you will prefer to keep them so you can put a high weight to the arcane value.
Maybe one day, all these features will be included in the game. But, for now, you may use this application and give me some feedbacks to improve it .