Devs, your Luck AI changes have ruined this game!

Have you played this much? How big of a difference does it make? I know you’ve advocated that you don’t think skyfalls are rally the problem. Does the surge fix really address everything but skullbaiting?

haha remember when on adobe air the animation was so slow and the game paused when losing window focus? all i was hoping for is no more pause.

2 Likes

A lot of what is perceived as “AI luck” is fuzzy logic due to individual experiences and biases. I don’t think everyone will be satisfied, but to me, the game is significantly less lopsided without 4-surges. I don’t think it fully addresses the agency problem that the devs have created for themselves (made worse by the inclusion of new troops like Wisp). The fact that the AI doesn’t take the bait will mean matches that were a “lucky Skull save” before will still be losses. Still, having played about 50 matches in the latest beta, I feel the coming changes do a lot to restore the former pace and flow of a match.

7 Likes

I just find it frustrating that it’s you who is actually answering the complaints with some answers rather than the devs or mods. Am pleased that changes are coming in answer to our complaints, just wish we had more communication as this is starting to become similar to the no man’s sky situation on ps4 last year.

But thankyou anyway, I shall now relay this info to some guild mates that are deeply unhappy with the current state of the game

7 Likes

Is it 100% sure that the 4-surges will be out of the game soon? I really liked it better when 4-surges is in the game. Some of my teams like Gards, Kraken and Yasmine Chosen works better with 4-surges chances. Console had 4-surges for months and it was actually never a problem.

2 Likes

It is 100% sure that 4-Surges are out of the current beta. Whether it goes live this way or not is a question only IP2 can answer. I have no reason to believe they’d change this again, but my word is not gospel.

Thanks for the encouraging news!

Since the introduction of the 3.1 patch my motivation to play the game has dropped dramatically. I still win over 95% of my battles but with all the cascades I’m just not having as much fun anymore. I’ve actually already started playing other games while for the past 2 years I players GoW exclusively.

5 Likes

Many teams is gonna get affected by this if it goes live. Thats for sure. Yasmine Chosen is for example often in need for those green 4-surges to keep filling up. I am not a fan of a such change at all.

1 Like

Like I said, the pacing is definitely slowed down, for both teams. Your ability to steamroll is affected by this; and on the flip side, so is the AI’s. In aggregate, I feel this tends to work out in the player’s favor, as slower matches give more chances for intelligent counter-play (denial, status effects, chain-into-4-match) at which the AI is comparatively poor. But it won’t be to everyone’s taste; nothing ever is.

9 Likes

I will survive. I actually have liked most of the new changes. Of course not the unintended bug around Impervious.

2 Likes

This is the aspect in this game that really makes you feel good and is not very well in place currently and was working better before Unity. When you see a 3-match that makes a 4-match possible for the opponent and you refuse to take it and the AI takes it and you benefit is the best feeling a player can get. But currently the AI might take that “stupid 3-match” and get 3 of the perfect color to drop for a extra turn and cascading a harashoo while you just look at the board stunned. You made the perfect decision and AI just dances on your face. Sure, once a month this is ok, but once a day? C’mon devs! You really want us to shut our brain out and just explode and lottery our way to success? Yeah, we human are a stupid species, but not that stupid!

12 Likes

Sorry, forgot.

A real harashoo.https://youtu.be/_ltwX603Ft4?t=24

Relax everybody. It’s just recall bias. Ask @Saltypatra , @Nimhain , or @Sirrian about it. They’ll explain it to you.

But, seriously, I’ve seen several people quit the game since 3.1 dropped. I’ve considered it myself, but I keep hoping the devs will fix the game. I think they will. It just takes time. I hope so anyway. I liked the game so much. Now, I just don’t really even enjoy playing much. It feels like all the skill has been taken out of the gameplay and you’re just waiting to see if the game will let you win or not.

11 Likes

I don’t really see what the fuss is about, I’m winning more now. We have been playing 2 different games all along. Console players received the better version.

2 Likes

But we haven’t received wisps yet and I’m not looking forward to it.

I agree totally with Sondy7 and GREEK-13. I’m waiting too for devs to fix gow. Now gow’s gameplay is not about strategy or tactics, it’s only luck. I’m playing roulette-gow and I don’t like it.

2 Likes

Damn another of our best players quit. She logged 2700 hours in the game. One of the reasons she came to our guild was to be in a guild doing lots of legendary tasks. Now that legendary tasks are like 1 event key, 1 gem key and 6 arcanes, it’s not much a selling point anymore. I bet there will be a lot of heavy recruiting this weekend.

6 Likes

We have lost nearly a quarter of our guild members since 3.1. and we are a top 5 guild. It has been pretty tough on us. I really hope the devs can get the game back on track. I know they had good intentions with 3.1, but the reduction in resources and the crazy bad ai has really done a lot of harm to the state of the game.

6 Likes

The exodus of players has chat full of recruiters…

5 Likes

If a high level respected player could start a discord channel, and have 1 from each of the top 100 guilds join and represent their guilds, then a “Gems of War Sportmanship Agreement” (GOWSA) could be formed. The group, GOWSA, could agree to promote the use of creative weekly event based Guild War and PVP teams, and discourage the use of broken troops like Wisp.

Imagine a week of no Psion, Famine, Kraken, Wisps…yep, I am dreaming again…but, the players putting up grief teams are part of the problem. I know that I am exhausted at seeing Wisp Wisp Kraken Krystenax 20 times in a row…we as players can make the game better, just not sure how to get there.

2 Likes