Devs, your Luck AI changes have ruined this game!

I agree here, the A.I is garbage.

The ai isn’t the problem here at all. It plays much harder than previously. It’s the cascades. Often you’ll encounter 4 separate drops of skulls consecutively. Boom boom boom boom. One dead troop, or more. I do not want a dumbed down ai but I would like cascades to be looked at because there’s some ridiculous shit going on at times.
I can’t believe that dude is over level 1000 and hasn’t got all kingdoms maxed and 5*. It just goes to show that there really needs to be a guide in game explaining this. Yes you have to trait and level troops you’ll never use or don’t like but you will struggle to compete without doing it. I myself didn’t understand much about the game when I joined the forum. It makes a huge difference once you do.

10 Likes

Thank you for holding off the new Kingdom…you need to fix everything you have broken (Not getting extra turns when matching 4/5, Impervious being completely broken)

Dammit, I thought I was imagining the 4/5 matches/no to turn thing! Can we have an official bug list?

Just two cents about the new and improved AI/Luck things and the new (and improved) winning ratio.

First cent: I don’t find the AI all that smart. Often it doesn’t do obvious moves, sometimes dowsn’t matches skull whern it could kill a troop or leaves me 4 matches of a color I need to win the battle.

Also sometimes it makes moves that have a sense only because magically the right stones fall at the right place afterwards. Must be magic.

Second cent: I don’t know what ratio of win/losses people need to find the game ‘fun’ but this is also a grinding game. Grinding games with a 70% ratio of wins aren’t fun.

5 Likes

I consider myself an excellent player, strategist and team designer. I’ve seen my win rates drop from 97% to like 85%. At least my defense is 204-169. I’ve also felt my interest in the game slip a bit. We’ve had like 4 long time players retire in the last 2 weeks. My best friend asked me if there were other games I’d like to play…

If it weren’t for this amazing community (other than V,T,S) I might have quit myself. I do like crafting although I’m so late game I can’t use some of the awesome stuff like crafting traitstones. Wish I had that 6 months ago. At least now I have something to do with my millions of souls. Thanks.

3 Likes

regarding the traitstones:

whenever i need(ed) them i went to the corresponding kingdom and did exploration for a while.
i still would use soulforge for creatring mythic troops, but all i see is creating weapons
or summoning stones for normal troops. do i miss something here ?

is your soulforge level 10 yet?

no. i upgrade it when it’s free. i have patience with that soulforge thing …

the menu says what each level will let you craft when reached.

so i expect mythic crafting on level 10. good.

1 Like

To reiterate what everyone else has already said, every time I’ve opened up the game this week I’ve regretted it. Every. Single. Time. If it’s not one problem it’s another. My win rate is already in the gutter compared to before because of the stupid cascades and stupid bugs and now after some slight recovery I’ve just had 2 wins count as losses. I used to make 1k+ trophies right after I quit GW due to the pure relief, now I don’t even want to make 100, it’s just not fun anymore.

9 Likes

This was the last part of my life where I felt I was winning. Now it’s gone too. When you think in terms of loss percentage, the shift from 3% to 15% losses is a 500% increase.

Out of cough medicine, but not out of coughs. Another loss to life’s AI

You’re smart to use wins @m59a. I used gems to instant upgrade. In my defense that was before I realized the gem nerf. Now I’d never waste gems frivolously. I’ll be one of the last to lose their hoard, but I’m running scared in spite of my 28k gems.

This was a particularly shady term that they used.

1 Like

Casual pvp may be the more appropriate challenge for people that can’t handle losing…

3 Likes

it depends on how you lose …

Agree 100% and it saddens me greatly you took a great game removed strategy which by the way placed this game head and shoulders above most opposition ,replaced it with bias I wont even call it luck it is pure bias against the player. I have followed all your puzzle quest games and so naturally found this one, love the contact with people all around the world remove the errors or Im gone and there are so many like me my rank 1179 says it all and most players above 1000 are dissapointed beyond measure

8 Likes

Gems of war in 11 seconds:

Sorry for this bad example. The AI wasn’t even particularly lucky in this one.

3 Likes

do you consider this comment helpful just wondering

1 Like

Move to Unity they said. Game will be better they said.

21 Likes

He/she considers it patronizing, because it is.

Love how they don’t care about this either… They’d rather lose hundreds of players that actually spent money for VIP, for their gains and just keep implementing more stuff to break the game and take the “Fun” out of it.

Go back to the game it was before where you could actually have fun!!

Also, Gem spawns are still trash. Because having 15-20+ of a color on the board and missing while creating 10 more. Yup!

Thanks @devs for ruining this game, it’s simply just not fun anymore I’d love for you guys to win more then 100 games in pvp to actually see what the heck goes on… Even in guild war brackets.

Im at a point where it’s like thanks for wasting my time and money (you’re welcome btw) for you guys just to ruin the game and ruin the aspect of fun from it.

4 Likes