Devs, your Luck AI changes have ruined this game!

My favorite is giant spider or aby, try a new team out.

So build a team with a tank. A attacker a summoner and a mana generator or 2 attackers, loop and repeat.

i have tried giant spider and 2 x Amira, not better than before. they were killed before they could do anything …

i had the best results with 4 constructs, creating gems and then skulls. but nowadays even that does not help. suddenly there is a stop, no matter if you have a 4 or 5 combo …

Of course there are teams to win, and ways to counter troops. Impervious broken. Doesnt help though, it magnifies things. We shouldnt have to use specific troops. I just wish all the major bugs like impervious were fixed. Then we could tell better

i get a lot of “combo breakers” as with my constructs. on the other hand it seems the ai can go on forever. and i don’t think that it’s only an illusion.

one thing i still want to know: there are complaints about 4x speed. does this affect the gameplay ? i thought it’s only faster but not making the ai stronger ???

Yep this is what I’ve certainly found.

Which is shame for someone like me that enjoys building teams around races and kingdoms or some other theme.

I don’t want to have to return to my days of Soothsayer/Valk/Mabx2… :pensive:

1 Like

4x is good for power-grinders (souls, traitstones, levels). AFAIK it has no effect on AI.

Previously on console, when justice cast it would create blue and X gems, at the same time. Now, it creates one colour and then the other. This means that the second colour can overwrite the first one so there’s less chance of it creating an extra turn.

2 Likes

More, we just got used to playing with many, many more troops than were ever viable on the console. Lots of fun, but not super efficient team, where we could enjoy a casual play style.

Console, only ever saw match 4’s surging and tons of cascades, and lack of skulls being a forced stop of loops. Much like playing by the true rules of checks forcing jumps, we could force the AI to take a known move.

Will we adjust, sure, I have for the most part, but I won’t play many of my fun teams anymore.

I think, this is a point where it does not matter WHY is people finding the game less fun, whether they want it easier or just liked the way it was. The truth is, they are. In our guild, we are bleeding away members at a rate we never have seen before, even after GW came out, and some people moved out to GW-optional guilds. General enthusiasm, down. People buying keys, down. Level of fun, enjoyment, down. I think you had a winner formula, and now maybe not as much. Part of what makes this game great for me, is guilds, but it is not as good when people keep leaving, barely time to get to know anyone or feel like a team.

10 Likes

Please, change up your defense teams. 20 Kraken/Troll/Wisp teams in a row is boring. Don’t retaliate, initiate.

3 Likes

@trickycdr Not much is going to change until the bonus for 24 unique defend troops is introduced. Why anyone should change defend team if it’s working?

@Everyone complaining about AI
And as can be easily seen in this topic - people have little idea how to play properly, go with bad teams, lose and then come to the forums to complain that the AI is rigged. Eh.

2 Likes

There are many who always complain about the game, and many who defend it no matter what. But there are quite a few posters who have historically seemed to be far more rational, logical and moderate with their complaints/praise. And when those players who I respect also are voicing the same complaints, to me that’s a big red flag.

But maybe you’re right, and all these people who I respect aren’t as smart as I thought, and none of us have any idea how to play properly. And since properly no longer means “fun”, hopefully as the exodus of those long-term and VIP players continues, “good” players like you who play properly can pick up the slack and keep funding the game…

14 Likes

Impervious is fixed in the beta build for both Devour and Mana Burn. Additionally, 4-matches will no longer Surge.

17 Likes

Maybe for our side, but the AI side - I still see it creating an extra turn…and more so, second time firing off, and keeping the board.

Me, offense team - not even a 3 match. However my defense GW Justice team is winning (same team)

i think another good indicator is looking at defense win rates. I don’t think i’ve ever seen anybody’s defense win rates close to even 50% before all these changes. Nowadays you regularly see defense win rates above 50%, even my own. And i’ve simply given up setting my defense team, it always defaults to the team in my first slot.

1 Like

Found my dwarves?

There is one player that has remained undefeated through Goblin week and this week with a record of 505/0 and a win streak of 755. I also clocked another top of the board player doing 92 wins and 0 losses in 90 minutes of pvp (and has a 320 win streak). Amazing right?

But yeah win rates are way down for the rest of us…hopefully no mana surge on match 4s raining down for the AI will help some.

And with Impervious being fixed, perhaps all you Trolls (of the Forest) can put away your Krakens…

7 Likes