AI getting too many drops on console, still?

Total masteries = 60% chance of mana sourge.
One Jinx troop against = 30%
Two Jinx troop against = 15%

Im bad at math but my answer says this.

five paragraphs later

“Mission accomplished!”

I kid, I kid

1 Like

No kidding. But my attempt at brevity was in my multiple 1-paragraph replies before that, and then I earned a “you’re not being clear”. So you can blame @Stan for the wall of text :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

EDIT: Redacted. My oath is ironclad.

I hear blaming @Stan is in vogue, so sure. Thanks, Stan.

4 Likes

Sorry. I’ve read so many of these discussions and tried to make those same distinctions myself, only to have someone continue to conflate what should be two (or more) distinct issues. Anyway, thanks for being super-clear.

About the Unity transition, my point was, by introducing a version which doesn’t include daily tasks, it is clear that they aren’t simply taking the existing console version, updating it for the current PC troop inventory and saying “voila!”. For the console players to sit back and smugly say “just wait… you’ll see” is making a pretty big assumption. I have no inside information on what the process is, but I’m content to just wait and see (non-smugly) what happens. Eventually, if we can all be playing the same game, that would be great.

3 Likes

It’s not a smug just wait and see, it’s a “why are you telling me I’m crazy when you don’t play on the consol” wait and see. That’s not calling you out in general, but many pc/mobile players feel the need to chime in when frankly they have no idea what they are talking about. Personally I just hope they fix it. I could care less about showing you how miserable it is.

3 Likes

I play both… Does that give me the privilege to have an opinion? Or am i still not allowed to post on your thread…

Lol
10 chara

1 Like

[quote=“Pantenkind, post:1, topic:25211”]
Or, how about we stop lying to everyone about the system not being broken and at least admit it. Tell me the gems are going to drop heavily against me and that’s by design.[/quote]

You attribute malice where there is none. Don’t feign surprise over the backlash you have received.

3 Likes

I think this is a great breakdown. I’m sure less predictable is true, I could see the streakiness being true, but there’s no way in hell it’s deliberate.

3 Likes

You obviously didn’t care enough to realize that I’m a console player. We don’t all agree with you.

2 Likes

AI is funny.
it just match what it need.

1 Like

It thankfully doesn’t work like this, due to diminishing returns.

Lets say (Making up some numbers now, but it kinda goes like this):
Mastery 50 = 25% surge chance
Mastery 100 = 50% surge chance
Mastery 200 = 60% surge chance
Mastery 400 = 66% surge chance

So at 400, 1 famine will halve it to 200, but you only lose 6% chance
Another famine will bring it down to 100, but you still have 50% chance
But another famine will hurt… as you get in low masteries now, and you will feel it a lot

1 Like

I think the biggest thing to me on console is the cascades.
Not so much the extreme ones shown as in the now infamous video, but an overall feeling when playing the game.

And I’m also sure recall bias has something to do with this, as it does happen to you as well.
But it does feel like it happens to the AI a lot more.
You make a 3er, that’s it.
The AI makes a 3er, 3 more 3ers form elsewhere on the board.
Or 7 more 3ers form, 2 or 3 of which are skulls which take out 1 or 2 of your cards.

My opinion is not just, but mostly based on GW, as this is where people pay more attention to matches and play more careful.

I predict that if this exact AI is copied to PC, there is an 80% chance PC/Mobile players are going to freak out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is this video?

Player starts with a good board, then the real fun starts at 0:34

Accurate video title.

Ok i watched the video again and my opinion hasnt changed… I have had drops like that in my favor many times… Twice just today… It sucks when it happens for the ai but its awesome when it happens for me

1 Like

Yeah you right…I’m just butt hurt when it happens to me.

1 Like

Can you post some videos?

Because I never see 5 yellow dropping from the “sky” followed by 6 skulls…

1 Like