AI getting too many drops on console, still?

I know this is commonly recited knowledge, is this still the case though?
I can very clearly feel a single Jinx in the enemy team, it has a significant influence on my mana surge chance, much more than a mere handful of % should do.

Jinx halves your mastery number, but not the percent chance.

For example:

My Purple Mastery:
600 Mastery = 66.16% chance

1 Jinx (50%):
300 Mastery = 60.5% Chance

2 Jinx (75%):
150 Mastery = 51.65% Chance

That is mainly why 2x Famine is so annoying. Also, all that math was on my absolute highest mastery. Doing it on lower ones gives Jinx even more percent difference.

That all should be correct unless they happen to have changed how Jinx is calculated.

2 Likes

Have you done any beta testing yet? @Tacet

Yeah, did it for like 7 hours straight yesterday, lol.

A lot of interesting quality of life changes. It almost looks like a completely different game.

My favorite thing on it so far is the super ultra quick save 3x+ more time button. :wink:

4 Likes

What is your hero mastery? Any hero mastery of 200 or lower gets hit really hard by any Jinx. Higher level masteries have much lesser effect.

When I fight versus 2xFamine I don’t think I have 50% of mana surge… it seems a lot…

I only calculated it off my highest number. I believe doing it off of doing all masteries evenly distributed gets you around a 43% chance. Give me your mastery and I can tell you.

I must admit every console player I have spoken to about PC unity beta testers are a little confused why this is happening for PC and yet they didn’t do that for console players and just threw us in the deep end.

Oh well either way WE ALL look forward to your findings and hearing about it in detail. :smiley:

Ranging from 300 to 400 depending on colour. According to the graph i should not be hit above a high single digit % reduction from a single Jinx and it definitely feels higher (yeah i know feelings and math).
Considering how much better two Jinxs are than one on paper with the current mastery formula, it would also make sense logically if they had some sort of baseline reduction baked into Jinx.

Thanks to @turintuor and @tacet for digging up and applying the formula.

@Gouki I don’t think Jinx needs any editing. The stacked jinxes are one symptom of the overall Famine problem currently. Let’s see how it feels when more counters are available.

EDIT: and we are now soo far off topic. Oops.

I wasn’t suggesting any editing to it, i was just speculating about a possible reason why a single Jinx impact feels so much more significant than it looks on paper.

I’m going to assume it’s a matter of them learning from the past instead of it being some conspiracy against Console. :smiley:

Plus I think Steam makes beta testing easier than Consoles do.

1 Like

Stop teasing us… meanie!

2 Likes

shhh! if enough of players believe in it, devs will have to make it happen!

2 Likes

No, I am not. I can tell the difference.

just a simple ‘+’ and ‘-’ above them will do… :laughing:

I agree with you there. I swear AI in the game counters the set up for a big match by going extra turns nearly 10 moves. I counted about 30 times and the AI has about 30 extra moves.

Can we be super-clear here? What are the 3 issues that you think are being lumped together? I think I know, but I don’t want to assume.

Also, (and this isn’t directed at you, @beanie42), people are making a lot of assumptions about what PC/Mobile moving to Unity means. Specifically, they are assuming that the gameplay experience that they get will exactly mirror what we are seeing on console, but that is only an assumption. There are many ways to make a transition like that and the devs haven’t outlined what method they are using. If there is a difference between, say, the gem refresh mechanism on the two platforms, moving to Unity doesn’t necessarily mean that PC/Mobile will end up with the same gem refresh code that console has now. We already know that they won’t have daily tasks, so there will likely be other differences as well.

1 Like

Sorry if it wasn’t clear. I’ve stated it so many times in various threads that I was just trying to avoid doing it again for brevity. What I’ve come to see is the following 3 distinct issues being mentioned (and sometimes combined):

1. Console AI is less predictable, and thus more challenging. This is the issue I believe has been proven with your videos. Basically, the AI doesn’t take expected moves, even those dictated by the defense gem sliders. Sometimes this means it does things much smarter which leads to long loops and mega damage. In other cases, it ignores gems it should take based on its settings for no apparent reason, which makes it so difficult to predict. But it is clearly different than PC, as reported.

2. Cascade streakiness. This is the issue that I don’t believe has been proven or shown yet. It may or may not be happening, there just isn’t sufficient supporting evidence yet. I will say that in the only set of lengthy videos of seen of console, I could “feel” the difference, and reported so in that thread. The reason I don’t feel its been proven yet is simply because there hasn’t been enough video so far, there was enough to get a sense of something, but not enough that I feel comfortable stating a conclusive opinion either way. With that said, I also reported that while it does feel “more streaky”, it didn’t feel “abnormally streaky”, meaning that it seemed well within bounds of what would be statistically reasonable and expected. Put another way, while both PC and console seemed to be within a reasonable range, they seemed to be at different ends of that range.

3. AI favouritism (or lack of parity/fairness with the player). This is the claim I would “deny”. First, I don’t believe there is sufficent supporting evidence, I have seen console video where things both happen favourably for the player and for the AI (even extreme multi-cascade situations). Further, suggestions that AI favouritism is intentional and/or malicious is totally outlandish, as described so eloquently by @Lyya. There is simply no reason for the devs to do this.

[quote=“Stan, post:141, topic:25211, full:true”]

Also, (and this isn’t directed at you, @beanie42), people are making a lot of assumptions about what PC/Mobile moving to Unity means. Specifically, they are assuming that the gameplay experience that they get will exactly mirror what we are seeing on console, but that is only an assumption. There are many ways to make a transition like that and the devs haven’t outlined what method they are using. If there is a difference between, say, the gem refresh mechanism on the two platforms, moving to Unity doesn’t necessarily mean that PC/Mobile will end up with the same gem refresh code that console has now. We already know that they won’t have daily tasks, so there will likely be other differences as well.[/quote]
Not sure I agree with this. While anything is possible, I think it’s more than an assumption, since the devs have stated they are moving all platforms to the same code-base. It may be done in stages, but I think the ultimate/final result is that everything is the same on both. As an example, they have confirmed that daily tasks will be coming to PC. Also, if the PRNG from unity is used rather than something platform-specific (which I think is a reasonable expectation), it is likely that the same gem refresh code will be everywhere.

3 Likes