AI getting too many drops on console, still?

Popping in to let you know that the gw battles AI and drops is the same as ranked PVP.

6 Likes

I noticed, so any idea when pc/ mobile will get the same ai as us on console?

1 Like

Never actually paid attention to the slider and never knew the gems change size…gotta take a closer look next time. Thanks!

3 Likes

Does this apply to pc/mobile as well as console?

1 Like

This is surely due to the fact that there is (at least at the beggining) less different kind of currency in than mana in PVP (7 for battles, 4 for TH). So the probability to have a cascade should be higher ;-).

Some players are too much excited as soon as the word “cheating” appears… It looks like they want to protect the devs from bad-mouth but it looks like that nobody can critize this game without being witchunted…
Devs are old enough to defend themselves and @Saltypatra’s 1st answer was the good answer to counter the “AI is luckier than player” claim. Since this answer, it seems to me that the discussion was then more about the difference between PCMobile and Console in terms of gem drops.

About stats, some players asked for a huge dataset with a p<0.05, etc. Come on, we are on a forum, not in a conference… The number of Console players reporting it is for me enough to believe them. Even @Jainus said it:

Of course, nobody force you to believe them. But there is always someone to discredit them by asking some proofs… Better than asking, you can buy a console and test it by ourselves and show that they are wrong…

2 Likes

“Cheating” implies willful intent. The OP (whose topic I personally am replying to) asserts quite explicitly that there is bias in favor of the AI. I don’t dismiss that there may be streakiness – for both the AI and the player – and without a console to test on I have only anecdotal evidence (which is flawed in that you hear only of the outliers). I do dismiss the idea that the AI is cheating (in that there is bias in the drops for the AI) because this would require someone to code explicitly, and because I trust that the devs are telling us the truth.

5 Likes

Guys stop wasting your time.
It’s all in our head. :smirk:

3 Likes

The problem is you’re lumping 3 different issues together, only 1 is being denied (at least by me). For the others, I’ve seen proof for 1 (thanks to @Stan), and the other nobody has been willing (or able) to show evidence for. Not all claims are equal…

I actually said that using the word “cheat” was wrong because that implied intent or malice. I don’t believe it’s intentional. I believe it’s a byproduct of some code that they don’t immediately see. Again, you are not on consol but you are on here bashing me and my first hand experience? Just wait…it’s coming to your platform and I cannot wait.

3 Likes

One thing you might want to keep in mind. I also experience a decrease in surges but understand that enemy famine halves your gem mastery and two of them drop it by 75% so your surges are going to be a lot less when facing 2 or more famine.

But the problem is that GW is a frustrating situation where your wins and losses matter but the RNG is the same as always and you’ll almost always lose to RNG even if you can manage perfect play. When you’re numbers up, its up. The problem is that in PvP I can just walk away from the game and grind out three more wins. But here, in GW, you have to fight to the bitter end, many times taking 20-30 minutes to lose your last troop, which is 20-30 minutes of no fun, frustration, just so you don’t screw your guild out of precious points.

I’ve already said this is my last week. I’m skipping out of my guild and going to a casual play guild and probably quitting the game not long after. Both the fact that they haven’t changed GW and the one-troop defense nerf have made the game tedious, boring and not fun at all.

I’m actually wondering why the devs are silent on this but it seems like the consensus is GW is a broken piece of crap that is causing old tyme players to drop from the game. I’m sure this is affecting the bottom line.

:fu:t2:-my apology :grin:

I put cheating in the title, so maybe that’s why people are so readily coming at you. I may have overlooked your exact problem, I just felt cheating is overall what we’re saying here. I edited it again so we can take the word hopefully out of the equation.

As always this is your thread, you can change it to whatever you wish.

How many title edits are you up to on this thread 3?, 4?, 6? :grinning:

I am not intending to “bash” you. If what I have said feels like a personal attack, please accept my apologies. I am simply expressing my skepticism of the idea that there would be unintentional bias in the AI’s favor. Either it is a deliberate mechanism in the code or it is a byproduct of the many cognitive biases that affect everyones’ perceptions. My bet is on the latter.

I’ve mentioned above that I think the core of the frustration is likely to be that the AI is simply unpredictable. On PC, when I give up the turn, I can very often do so on my terms, with a strong certainty that the AI will act in a certain way. Take that certainty away and it becomes much harder to “contain” the AI’s behavior; naturally, the human mind fills the gaps by ascribing anthropomorphic attributes to the code.

As has been stated, though, this may be irrelevant. Even if the game is playing “fair” (by giving equal chance at skydrops to both sides), the perception of an unpredictable, malevolent AI is enough to cause frustration. Time, as you said, will tell.

1 Like

17 I think.

1 Like

Real nice… FIRST YOU WANT TO TELL ME IM NOT ALLOWED TO POST ON YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE THREAD BECAUSE I AM NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THEN YOU TELL ME I MUST LEAVE BECAUSE I DONT MATTER AND NOW YOU RESPOND TO MY REQUEST FOR AN APOLOGY WITH OBSCENE FINGER GESTURES? HOW AM I TO RESPOND TO THAT? SHOULD I CRY TO MY MOMMY? SHOULD I BEG THE FORGIVENESS OF THE ALLMIGHTY @Pantenkind? OR SHOULD I JUST CRAWL INTO A PILE OF ELEPHANT DUNG AND STAY THERE UNTIL I SUFFOCATE AND DIE? PLEASE OH PLEASE MASTER @Pantenkind TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO!

or you can go pound sand pimpin

walks away muttering “and you wonder why nobody likes you”

Ok, your starting to creep into taliapark territory with this “malevolent AI” reference. Although I don’t miss the “proof” videos how the AI changed its behavior based on his personal gameplay.

I never said you were not as good as me, you did. I just didn’t disagree.

Pimpin

1 Like

One correction: not trying to be a pedant here.

Jinx halves masteries. This doesn’t halve the mana surge chance.

Mana surge chance is a diminishing returns formula asymptotic to 0.6. I’ve unpicked it with @sirrian a few times; it was revised a few years ago when chances were getting too high.

The impact? I don’t have the exact formula to hand but I remember this example:

My masteries are over 400. This puts me pretty much at 60% surge chance.

Three enemy Famines means my mastery is cut to 50. This gives a surge chance of about 30%.

3 Likes