A New Mythic Approaches - Yasmine's Chosen

Again, would love to see what evidence you have here – feel free to PM me if you desire. Until then, this is easily explained away as bias.

You, ahem, also posted several times in that thread.

4 Likes

I must say this was a SURPRISE today pulling from the Guild Chest at 40k. I actually almost like didn’t even realize that I had pulled her.

5 Likes

You’re right. I forgot all about that. My apologies. Well, let’s hope @Sirrian’s understanding is incorrect or has since been changed, because that’s just a bad decision:

So it’s better to open 50 chests once than 10 chests 5 times?

Not really. If the RNG is reseeded, it can cause it to provide a less random sequence when viewed in aggregate. However, if it is being reseeded to the millisecond, two packets in quick succession will not be able exploit any favorable pattern. It won’t change anything really from an individual client perspective, but it likely would affect the distribution of rewards over a broader sample set.

uuhhmmm, and what’s that in english?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Short answer: Neither is better than the other. (at least from a single player’s point of view)

1 Like

that’s what i thought the answer might be. the maths and probabilities and parameters of a psuedo RNG sequence are beyond my tiny little brain.

Millisecond reseed, one in ten thousand mythic gk odds, a static account created salt…

Their rng sucks, it’s prone to patterns on the smaller scale and some salts could be born luckier or some plain cursed. Gambling sites use specialized rng algorithms instead of standard library functions for a reason.

I just fail to understand why they’d even bother salting or reseeding anything. If the server worked off a global RNG with a sufficiently complex twister, there’d be no need for that sort of thing at all.

2 Likes

All this talk of salt is over my head, yet I’m salivating… :thinking::grin:

Further, I wonder what the overhead is on constantly re-seeding the RNG.

Nothing lol

Simply setting a new seed is easy, but I don’t know how much computation the salting (apparently needed for the new seed) requires compared to just drawing new numbers from the current seed. It’s obviously not my area of expertise, so I was curious.

So do you mean that it could be the reason some players drop the Mythic in 50 glory keys and others with 6k gems + 3k gem keys?

1 Like

Lyya (and apparently UKresistance) know more about it than I do, but this reseeding should be almost independent of the RNG’s output if the pseudo-RNG is properly coded (we know that the algorithm being used isn’t the issue, from previous posts by Sirrian). Any given string of 50 outputs should have the same probability of containing one that corresponds to a mythic.

3 Likes

So what teams have people made with her?

I tried the following:

Gloomy/Aurai/Yasmine’s Chalice
Green Seer
Rowanne
Yasmine’s Chosen

I like her, fits well with the other Forest of Thorns troops. :grin::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ve got one in the works, but until I get her third trait I don’t know if it will be worth playing or not (it’s damage is lackluster without the entangles)

1 Like

I’m not so sure @Ozball
Ever since I started controlling when I open and how I open I have had better success at Legendary and Mythics.

I don’t anymore use all my keys in one session or sitting.

1 Like