A New Mythic Approaches - Yasmine's Chosen

You could always use that beguiling voice. Channel your inner Orpheus.

1 Like

Hey hey, dont be rude to my waifu!

1 Like

The waifu its on the eye of the beholder. Haha

so is she cool??

1 Like

Iā€™ve enjoyed playing with her today. She could make good damage with 3 or 4 troops entangled. Plus, she could often get an extra turn and partially/fully fill herself.

2 Likes

I recall an official dev response basically saying that they wouldnā€™t support opening more than 50 at a time due to the server not being able to handle it. I think it was in a discussion about how terrible it is opening 20k gold chests 50 at a time.

Yeah, in theory bigger batches are better, and certainly should result in less total overhead. It sounds like a technically solvable problem to me, but itā€™s probably more of a practical problem given the size of the dev team and how busy they are already. Might be some limitation in their server architecture that would be too costly to reasonably fix (some layer may have a per-request timeout as a safeguard against other problems perhaps?)

1 Like

Perhaps this one?

4 Likes

Sounds like sorcery to meā€¦ Iā€™ll just nod my head and pretend i understood anyway and not bother you. Oh Great Wizard. Things are already bad with my luck so far and risking to be cursed in C++ or something like that would ruin my weekendā€¦
:wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™d challenge the assertion, but I have no idea how their backend is implemented. Intuitively, someone hammering 100 times on a ā€œ50 keyā€ button would seem to generate a lot more load than 10 times on a ā€œ500 keyā€ button.

4 Likes

As you mentioned, without knowing their back-end itā€™s a bit difficult to say anything with too much certainty. However, the load you seem to be mentioning in this and your previous quotes seems to be related to the network load. The likely issue they are concerned about is the back-end game code and db load being generated, which does seem like a reasonable concern and a non-trivial problem. But hopefully they revisit this sooner rather than never or ā€œnot soonā€ (as stated), since I think the core issue (opening thousands of keys in small batches) needs improvement, and there are a few seemingly viable solutions (although implementing them is also non-trivial).

4 Likes

Yes you have as you have gimped gaining gems so less VIP chests can be opened thus the mythic drop rate has been kind of been lowered!!!

Just sayin

1 Like

That is a willful misunderstanding of what drop rates are.

Just sayin

5 Likes

And the rng gets reseeded every 50 chests, Iā€™d like to see what luck a 1000 chests without reseting the seed would be.

1 Like

Why on earth would anyone ever reseed the RNG outside of test purposes?

I actually found her in guild/seal chests (only level 5 too) Iā€™d already spent 50 VIP keys with no luck. Wasnā€™t expecting her to pop up in guild chests though!

3 Likes

Rng gets reseeded every server call, no idea why. Thereā€™s also a salt created at account creation, at least on console.

What evidence do you have to support this?

Strange told me ages ago.

1 Like

Citation required.
If so, itā€™s a bad decision; you should never reseed a RNG.

Lots of bad decisions Iā€™ve never been able to get more details on. Time stamp seeded too. Wholly inadequate for lottery like selections which is why Iā€™ve always complained about rng.

1 Like