2.0 PvP Modification Suggestion

As opposed to a Mass-Frowning System? Sorry, couldn’t resist. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Problem is, for a real balanced PvP system you’d really have to play against each other, which doesn’t sound like a feature easily implemented. The other way around might work, have the AI control both sides, you just watch the match. Come to think of it, that would actually be a fun mode, as long as it doesn’t keep you too much from playing the game yourself.

I believe the dev’s used this method to test the PVP system, and I’d be curious to see it as well :wink: Not a high priority though, as I think it might be a minority of people interested in it.

The more I think about it… Let me challenge a friend, defense team against defense team, get a mail that contains the result, possibly with an option to see the entire replay. Maybe even add some optional behavior customizing to defense teams, like which mana color to concentrate on and which opponent to target (e.g. weakest first). I’d absolutely love to see the Fantasy Series fights decided this way. But yeah, you are right, probably only interesting for a minority of players.

1 Like

So has anyone played casual yet? I know there are no tier rewards for it but it is extremely fun.

@killerman3333 I mean this as a genuine question so don’t add any sarcastic tone please:

If it is the same game without any reward…why play?

What sets it apart and makes it fun to you? Please explain…

You still get gold, trophies and some glory from Casual, and you can use difficulty to boost gold gains in it as well.

With the understanding that Tier 6 is the new Rank 1, I got to Tier 6 last night after 47 battles. I was playing mostly the Medium matches to keep it safe, so I’m sure its possible to do it in far fewer.

That means it took me about 25 extra battles to get the same rewards as before. However, I normally play at least another 50 battles a week, so I’ll likely end well above 1900 points and get way more rewards than I would’ve with the old system.

As I see it, the new system punishes players that play less than ~45 battles per week and rewards players that play more. Clearly they’re trying to force people to play a little more, but that seems fine to me. Sorta their job no?

That said, I think if there’s a “no losses threshold” it should be at 1400 points to be at parity with the old system, though I think they just need to make it a little less punishing and it’s fine.

3 Likes

Just to pile on here, the fact that the ranked battles turn off the combo breaker angers me (and my wife even more so). It not only takes forever now to reach tier 1, but the chance of getting there is remote because teams with goblins, Gorgotha, etc. are nigh unbeatable with the combo breaker off. This needs to go back to the way it was in terms of difficulty, OR certain teams need to be nerfed about five times over.

If the devs fix the stupid defense system so you don’t lose points for an AI loss–whose idea was that, anyway?–then there’s no down side to turning the combo breaker back on.

2 Likes

This is going to sound weird, but I don’t think you currently lose PVP points for a defense loss. I’ve watched my losses counter go from 30-ish to 55, and I haven’t lost a single PVP point. I think you lose points for defense wins – I have only two defense victories, and also only two lines in my log show me losing points.

So, once again, it may be more effective to set weak defense teams. :wink:

as said before, i think i silent patch has indeed fixed this.

I dislike competition. I do not like putting myself up to the measuring stick against others. As a buddhist we practice patience and passivity and understanding. To play a game seeking reward is to be blind by the game itself. The journy is more important then the destination.[quote=“Ozball, post:66, topic:7424, full:true”]
You still get gold, trophies and some glory from Casual, and you can use difficulty to boost gold gains in it as well.
[/quote]

This is also true.

Thank you for the explanation. :wink:
I’m glad that you are still enjoying GoW. I am feeling much better now that my total seems to be staying put and not falling in between matches.

I lost points today for a defense loss, so this is still in play. Somebody should be slapped for this. That’s a stupid, stupid “feature” and it needs to be killed with fire.

I apologise in advance if this has already been mentioned but my question is as follows.
Are there any plans to try and incorporate a pvp local ‘hot seat’ type of game. My and my fiancee play gems a lot and it’d be great to battle each other swapping the controller as each turn passes. Just a thought.
Cheers!

1 Like

That seems like something that could really be misused, well as long as it didn’t get any rewards I guess it would work, but still.