World Series Craziness

The Monsters are AHL, let’s not start listing minor league championships.

In Ohio, your NHL team is Columbus and you should be supporting them. A lack of fans is what has killed that team’s chances a lot. Players hate it there because nobody in Ohio cares about hockey.

I’m not a big baseball, or sports, guy in general, but I like to keep up with the big games/finals. This was an incredible series, and a great game 7. I didn’t really have a preference, but I’m glad the Cubs won.

1 Like

Is this thread about that thing happening in aussi?

Im right there with you Studs.
I think it was awesome to know I watched a rare moment in Sports History.

[50 years in the future]

(@efh313) “I was there when the Cubbies broke their 108 year drought!”
(grandson) “No you weren’t! You live in Texas, shut up you old turd!”
(@efh313) “You youngins have no respect for your elders! Back in my day…”

lol

2 Likes

That’s not going to happen. I lived in Columbus a few years. (I live 45 minutes from there now.) People aren’t big on hockey there. It’s all about OSU college ball. You should see the sea of red downtown on game days. It’s a bit scary.

Personally, it’s all about football for me too. Although, I’m more an NFL watcher than college ball.

Hockey? THIS IS MERIKA!

2 Likes

HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS??!! :wink:

Edit: Full disclosure: I was born and raised in Louisiana. The hate for the Cowboys was strong in my neighborhood. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Ashasekayi You hurt my :heart::cry:

1 Like

I’m sorry, efh. I’m a heartbreaker. :imp:

1 Like

Btw the writters of Back to the future 2 were close to their prediction they said Cubs
Going to win in 2015

1 Like

We’re only listing the Monsters because we haven’t had any championship in so many years that we’ll take what we can get - which is anything at all.

Yeah I was just poking fun.

Cleveland had a pretty big drought of Championships across all sports before this year

Why is it called the world series when only America plays baseball? O.o

So we’re there any teams in there not from America?

Speaking as an Amreican… Please allow us our delusions of grandeur! :wink:

Besides its not as if the “World” Cup actually incorporates teams from all over… the…

(@efh313 gets interrupted by a friend)
Oh! It does…? Really!?

Um… I stand corrected. :wink:

@DonBoba
All of the teams are located in the United States with the exception being the Toronto Blue Jays. Last year 26.5 percent of players were born Outside the U.S., spanning 17 Countries and Territories.

2 Likes

@DamageInc It is. However, other topics can be discussed so long as they are clearly marked “Off-Topic” as is this thread. :wink: