World.json now encrypted?

Sorry, couldn’t resist! XD

2 Likes

Sorry you got me my english is poor. I try to work with what i got but google sucks at translating.

I wasn’t trying to take a punt at your english. The meaning was clear, I had assumed it was just a typo or a phone auto correct. I’m aware of the pains of google translate’s accuracy :confused:

Apologies.

1 Like

No worries, it is hard to speak english when your mother language is american. My computer uses a english correction software thing that fails to tell me what words are misspelled. Those born outside of america type way better than me.

1 Like

If they used symmetric encryption, where the same key is used to encrypt and decrypt the data, then having both the encrypted data and a plaintext copy generally makes it relatively trivial to deduce both the encryption method and key. But it would be stupid to used a symmetric encryption method when they’ve already handed you the algorithm and the key in the form of the client. If someone’s willing to edit the data for an advantage, they’re probably willing to dig through the client to find the key, and then encrypting it accomplished nothing.

So they probably used an asymmetric encryption method, also known as public-key cryptography, where a different key is used for encrypting than is used for decrypting. This makes it possible to hand out the encrypted data and the key necessary to read it, without inadvertently giving out the ability to re-encrypt that data.

So they can give us the plaintext, or just provide the necessary information to decrypt it ourselves, without jeopardizing the encrypted files or opening the game up to that kind of hacking attack.

An asymmetric key is how I would do it, but I’m not them. So yeah, they could either give us a public key (preferable, since that’d be a one-time thing), or else the source JSON (which would require a drop every time the game files change).

The ball’s in their court, really. I think it best to let it be, for a few days, until @Sirrian and his band of warriors get the release all stabilized. I know everyone’s itching for troop data for the newly-released troops, and I’ll get it to y’all as soon as I can.

1 Like

I am not itching yet, i have all the info i need from the new troops.

i could also add all troops by hand - but as long as some informations are missing (like the stat increase when levelling them up) i will get some errors when my data source will be loaded…

and i just dont want to enter dummy stats just to keep my app running^^

i just wait for a solution before i waste my coding time :stuck_out_tongue:

I also need a readable version to get troops’ data.
Since last year, our guild started a project to translate in chinese essential information to play GoW for chinese community.

Here are some examples of our result:

14 Likes

Those cards are beautiful :slight_smile:

I have confidence the dev team will address the need for this data in due time.

:slight_smile: THX

we have worked hard to keeping the original meaning of words (names, double entendres etc) and improve the aesthetics (design of layout, modify images etc), all these directed to a best performance of GoW.

We love this game, and we wouldn’t made a bad impression of it for our fault.

This is one of first version (oct 2015) which is totally modded:

5 Likes

We love your awesome works so much!

Yeh, it works for me. That is why im here. Many thanks.

I assume this is why that one guild with 11k trophies has disappeared?

Meaning they were cheaters and the encryption has thwarted them?

That (if true) has got to hurt a lot. Like that is a metric ton of ouch.

:+1:

:scream:10 characters……

Which one?