Wisp counters needed

I keep replying to you. It’s stupid, I know, but this weekend I just can’t seem to help myself.

Also breaking my own promise that I wouldn’t respond to you anymore until any dev had responded to the PM. Again, stupid, I know.

But I just can’t stand people that twist the facts… :frowning:

Bolding in the quotes by me…

You said flagging for no reason. I replied I had never flagged any of your posts for no reason. Which I have not. I just checked my message history. I’ve flagged a grand total of 10 posts in my entire period on these forums. Exactly three of those were by you. In all three you were name-calling. Never have any of the devs responded to any of my flags saying the flag was not justified. So please get out of your victim mode and stop trying to make it seem like the big bad bully Darkness is making your life miserable on these forums. I’m not. I’m just the person you’re currently focussing your obsession (regarding the illusionary picking on you that you mistakenly perceive is happening) on…

Like I said above, as OP of this topic I appreciate all suggestions I got in this topic regarding Wisp. Including yours! Because I struggle with beating Wisp I asked for suggestions (which IMHO seems fairly clear in the opening post). In no way was it any callout to the people I tagged. The fact that you perceive it to be so says more about you than it does about me.

2 Likes

I wont believe you have only flagged 3 of my posts unless it is confirmed by the devs and if so i will gladly apologize as i previously stated.

Why would you tag me when you expected i would never provide the response you were seeking? The only reason to do so is to “name and shame” which is a call out whether intended that way or not…

Awesome! So now I’m not just a bully, but also a liar? :roll_eyes:

Because you were one of the three people in the other topic that said you had no issues beating Wisp. So I specifically tagged those three people, thinking that if they have no issues beating Wisp, they should have good suggestions. Seems logical to me. Try to get advice about something from people that are good at the thing I want advice on… Why would I want to get advice from people who don’t know what they’re doing?

And please don’t say it’s naming and shaming. That’s just all in your head.

2 Likes

Stop being dense. He tagged you to invite you to contribute.

Even for your (sometime justified, sometime ludicrous) victim-sense, this is just silly.

3 Likes

Not necessarily a liar and i hope you arent. I didnt say you were lying but without third party confirmation i dont know if you are or not… Seems reasonable to me. Let me reiterate… I am not calling you a liar at all i just want to have proof that you are not and then i will apologize for my accusation

Why would you do so when you knew (or so you thought) i wouldnt respond if not to make me look bad? If you can give me a satisfactory reason for this i will retract my claim that your intent was to “name and shame”

Btw… We could have handled all this via PM as i requested several times… Doingbthis publicly was your choice not mine

You do realize standardized practice is that the accusing party provides the proof (beyond reasonable doubt, etcetera), don’t you?

The explanation is just above your post. Why is it so hard to believe? Do you usually ask advice from people that don’t know anything about the thing you’re asking advice on? I don’t. That usually does not lead to success. The three people I tagged said they had good success against Wisp, so I asked them (including you) for suggestions. Why does it have to be about naming and shaming? Why can’t it just be about getting suggestions on beating a troop that a large percentage of the forums has problems with. Because that was the intention, whether you believe it or not.

I see no reason to do this by PM. Why can’t this be out in the open? I have no issues with that.

Please guys you know better then this. Just drop it

4 Likes

There’s not much to see down here.

These are the teams that have been suggested to counter Wisp. Apologies if I missed any. (I have not tested any, nor take credit/criticism if they work/fail.

Psion/Dwarven Minor/Famine/Elemaugrim

Borealis x2/Mercy x2

Krystenax x2/TDS/Sylvanimora

Psion/Leshy/Ragnagord/Krystenax

Gorgotha/Baba Yaga/Queen Mab/King Highforge

Gorgotha/Borealis/Death/Queen Aurora

Gorgotha/Borealis/Famine/The Dragon Soul

Troop of choice/Valkyrie/Justice/Queen Mab

Yes I’ve been here a year and don’t know how to quote posts. Sue me.

Edit: Annointed One - Hellcat - Sekhma - Forest Guardian.

3 Likes

It’s the same technik then copy and paste :slight_smile:

On pc: left click and highlight the text you want to quote then you will see a small square (copy) and another one (quote) left click on quote

Phone: tap on the word you want to select and then use the little “[” and slide the little [ until you get all the words you want to quote, then release and you gonna see (quote) or (copy) then you select quote

3 Likes

You missed @Eika’s suggestion of Annointed One - Hellcat - Sekhma - Forest Guardian.
It’s the only one I’ve tried so far and it worked quite well in limited testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Posted this in the other Wisp thread:

I’ve found this to work for green day, no losses to a wisps yet.

Queen Ysabelle
Forest Guardian
Ketras the Bull
Queen Aurora

Use Ketras’ first cast on slot three as this will kill that troop (certainly if you’ve buffed him with QY or QA) and soften the second Wisp. The first Wisp gets softened and kill by QY and skulls to the face, second Wisp should die quick to skulls.

One shot the last troop with Ketras of full a again.

I use Talon banner and rush Forest Guardian. Normally on turn two I’ve got a full FG that will get enough skulls onto the board to kill first Wisp and greens to fill QY.

Shameless link: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: GW - Wisp counters for each color:

4 Likes

Ok… After numerous PMs from several different people as well as some posts here in the open it seems everyone thinks i should drop this matter regardless of who i right and who is wrong.

It seems to me that this advice i should follow if not for me then for the community. So i will leave it at this…

@Darkness we will probably never see eye to eye on much of anything (not passing judgement just stating a fact) so for the benefit of you, me, and the community in general i am willing to drop this whole thing and move on with the understanding that we both try and ignore each other when it is necessary and when interactions are unavoidable we BOTH attempt to approach those interactions in a civil manner.

In the spirit of what i am proposing i will retract my accusation and drop my argument. In exchange i ask you to refrain from demanding for me to be banned.

From this point forward i will not initiate any conversation with or about you and i ask you do the same that way there should be no reason for any conflict between us thus making the rest of my proposal easier.

And as to this…

I have no problem doing this publicly either i just figured that is what @Saltypatra would want us to do.

So? What say you @Darkness?

3 Likes

@Vangor: I don’t like being accused the way you did but since you’re dropping the accusation I’ll let that go.

Ignoring eachother seems like the best thing to do (and I’ll agree to extend that to the banning issue)…

4 Likes

Glad it’s done now you 2 kiss each other and you will be forgiven

This thing is so annoying, Please Nerf the stupid thing already. Jesh, I’d rather have mana drain then this craaaaaaaap as meta. FFS

1 Like

Deal

10char

Visit for the teams, stay for the drama lol

4 Likes

@EIka: Again thanks for your suggestion of Annointed One, Hellcat, Sekhma and Forest Guardian against Wisps. I used it against all Wisp teams today on the way to 1900 PVP points and won 12 times against just 1 loss. It’s still a race to fill up before the Wisp loop starts, but it’s an improvement to any other strategy against Wisp I had tried before. I’m going to start trying the other suggestions in this topic as well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man you are blind, or don’t load pictures. :unamused:
What’s with Wisp, Wisp, any dmg dealer, Mab?
Yes you can use a Wisp team vs a Wisp team, since you start your Wisps are loaded first. Unless you’re really unlucky.

In any case, a quick frozen is kind of a a must have. It breaks their extra turn. Everything else is up to your liking or availability.

I liked the suggestion with Leshy… in theory. Not tried out yet. But entangling the own team takes out the dmg the Wisps cause. Maybe I’d use Mab instead of Psion. But as said, that has to get tested first.
Many things that look good in theory suck in practice.

You’re annoyed at me because I didn’t include a team you suggested which started with a meme? In all honesty I though you were joking.

A little tip for the future. You read someone saying “apologies if I missed any” and it includes something you’ve suggested. Try politely pointing out it’s been missed.

Just a little example for you.

1 Like