Wisp counters needed

No offense, Jainus. But, everyone gave him exactly what he asked for. In PVP, I don’t have any problem beating Wisps literally every time with the team I posted. In his written OP, he asked for viable strategies. Posters gave him some.

3 Likes

Use the “everybody’s all time favorite team”:
Emperor Khorvash
Valkyrie
Justice
Queen Mab

If you can fill Valkyrie before Wisp ( or Khorvash, which is unlikely :stuck_out_tongue: ) it is game over. Thats possible %90 of the time.
The problem about Wisp gets bigger in Guild Wars though. Because you have to use “defined-colored” teams.

Wisp must be nerfed anyways…

1 Like

Tbh i did respond to this call-out thread with exactly what was asked in the OPs call-out…

What he asked for is not a “hard counter strategy to wisps” it was this

So as you see @Jainus he asked for my strategy specifically and whether or not he chooses to try my suggestion is up to him.

He also admitted he called me out here without actually expecting me to answer him and he was surprised i did.

So i think the OP got exactly what he asked for and btw i noticed his call-out in the OP was not flagged… Strange huh?

I usually don’t have an issue with PvP, it’s the mono-color GW builds where it gets really tough dealing with Wisp consistently.

1 Like

I asked for strategies and got them! Which I liked a lot. I even already tried one (@eika’s), which worked much better than anything I tried. So I told him that and thanked him for the suggestion.

I haven’t tried your suggestion yet. It’s been awesome weather here in the Netherlands this weekend (probably the last good weather weekend before fall sets in) so I spend the weekend mostly outside and haven’t had a lot of time to play GoW. I will try the suggestions in this topic.

But I fail to see how I called you out? In another topic a few users (including you) said you had good strategies for beating Wisp. As I struggle against Wisp I started a topic specifically about countering Wisp (as @Ozball requested in that topic) and tagged the three users that said they had good strategies to help them notice this topic.

Just asking but was it really neccessary to send me that harrassing PM? As you are accusing me of quite a lot in that PM I have send out invites to @Saltypatra and @Ozball for that PM conversation to see what they think about this. I don’t care if you agree or disagree with me about matters of gameplay and OP troops but I am not going to sit here and take that kind of harassment nonsense from you. So I hope that it won’t come to this, but if this is something that the devs are willing to allow in PMs on these forums, then I will be leaving the forums permanently as soon as they confirm that they have no issues with the PM you sent me.

Yes another thread with some good information in it ruined by pointless trolling. Here is my anti-Wisp team, though I usually skip them.

Gorgotha
Baba Yaga
Queen Mab
King Highforge (or Euryali if they have Kraken)

*Muting this thread, please stop infesting every thread you trolls.

3 Likes

Apolgies @Ashasekayi I missed yours on my first scan down, sorry - that’s one I haven’t tried - not normally a fan of Borealis given it’s an underpowered single nuke shot for the cost - but I will give it a go. @moons has a gorg/borealis variant too - aurora is interesting - Death I don’t rate that highly, damage is poor and can’t rely on deathmark for reliable PvP farming…

All the others I have tried and have no better success than any other of my goto teams. Using Mercy typically helps. Mercy/Cat/Alch/Gard gets a decent win rate, with Mercy to cleanse even if Mab freezes you. Sometimes.

@vangor your nax/nax/tds/sylv team has been one of my staple simple PvP teams since forever. Once they get going and exploding, yes, it’s strong - but explosions are very risky against end-game meta teams - and sylv vulnerable to devour. This team is also slow - your chance of racing out a TDS cast before wisps take a single red or purple match are pretty low.

I’m not either. Believe me, I’ve tried a gazillion Mab team variations. But, I just don’t find her random freeze reliable when dealing with Wisps.

However, in my team, 9/10 times you can get Gorg or TDS up quickly, or you can get Borealis up in the meantime. After using Gorg the first time, I usually just leave it waiting and use TDS to get Famine and Borealis up.

1 Like

You named me in your OP with the expectation that i wouldnt respond in an effort to make me look bad. You said yourself you never expected i would actually answer and you were surprised that i did. That is the perfect example of “naming and shaming” which is the definition of a call-out according to @Saltypatra in the community guidelines

Well since you want to handle this publicly i will oblige. And before you start yelling that this post is off topic it isnt any more off topic than yours is so with that said…

I am glad you invited salty and oz to the PM in fact i considered imcluding them when i sent it and thought “nah, lets see if we can handle this between ourselves first” but since you feel i was harassing you it is evident we cant.

Who is “playing victim” now? I send ypu a PM to tell you i know it is you who keeps flagging my posts for no reason and that behaviour is childish and disgusting and all of a sudden that is a harassment? If you could see the PMs i have recieved full of obscenities and name calling from people who havent been banned and compare to the PM i sent you that was completely devoid of any vulgarity or name calling wpuld you still say i was harassing you?

One thing i do know is that salty and oz have seen them and they have their reasons for not banning those people (which only one of which i asked them to) and i accept they know best on that matter.

So according to you it is ok to publicly put me on blast with call-outs and your post here telling everyone i am harassing you but it is not ok for me to try and handle a problem via PM? What am i mpt worthy of PMing you?

At this point i could care less what you want nerfed or how much you struggle agaimst wisp, what i am trying to resolve is the constant flagging of all my posts for no reason. And look i am not unreasonable. If i get confirmation that it is indeed NOT you flagging all my posts i will GLADLY apologize publicly. And i truly mean that. However i suspect i am right and thats why you womt talk privately and you put me on blast and want to “tell on me” to the devs…

Now if you would like to continue this via PM as i have asked several times now feel free to PM me and also feel free to include salty and oz in those as well

If you DONT want to take this to PM than i expect you to keep my name out of your posts and i will keep yours out of mine…

1 Like

I use it against end game meta teams and it works for me… I am sorry it doesnt work for you as well good luck with finding what does and when you do i hope you rightfully trounce every wisp you encounter

2 Likes

I think troop Leshy(entangles everyone) would somehow be a strong troop against this meta. Havent much thought on a team that would work well with him.

Psion
Leshy
Ragnagord
Krys

On console so don’t have the pleasure of the wisp.

1 Like

This team of yours and your strategy is actually pretty bad. Well, it gives some chances but nothing even remotely resembling reliability. As you propose to be casting TDS, and even if you manage to power it up before multiple wisps, which is extremely unlikely, after TDS cast you would either have extra turn or you won’t. Chance of that is completely random. So, if you don’t get that extra turn, your team will be most certainly eliminated. If you get it, you might win or you might not because you need at least 3 and sometimes 4 casts to demolish the opponent. So, you need to have extra turn every time and chance for that is not very high. You might still win more that 60-70% with this team just because the AI is dumb though. But no, it simply is wrong, it does not work and cannot work well.

Elka’s team, on the contrary, with Soothsayer on top is actually very reasonable. Two Mab cards provide enough freeze chances to slow down the mad wisps.

3 Likes

Ok so i am lying about my near 100% win rate with it… Thanks for your input

@Vangor: There’s just one small problem: I am not the one flagging your posts for no reason. Every single one of the flags I attached to your posts got this response from the devs : “We agree that there is an issue and are further investigating”.

So without any evidence whatsoever you are accusing me of something I didn’t do. That’s harrassing me, IMHO. And that’s why I included Oz and Salty in the PM’s.

But before we (and yes, I am including myself in this) mess up this topic any further, let me just clearly state that I will neither respond nor read any posts in this topic until I hear something from the devs about this. And should that response not be to my liking, I will not visit the forums any further, as a community in which accusations without proof do not result in consequences is not a community I wish to be a part of… There will be no “Dear John” (version 1 to 10 (or whichever version you’re on right now)) post or topic from me. If I don’t resume reading and posting within a few days then those who notice that should consider this post to be my goodbye to the community…

2 Likes

I think you might be slightly exaggerating your success rate. Maybe, you played one match and won it, that would make it 100%, wouldn’t it? Or maybe, you played 3 and won 2, that also would be not bad at all and closer to 100% than to 0%? But seriously, if you plan to convince anyone that this setup is actually working, just steam, idk, maybe 20 games against double wisps and try to win them all? That would work well in you favor. Otherwise, since anyone can try it, I’m not really revealing any secrets here, just stating the obvious. And your highly recommended dragon team is the last thing or one of the last things I would want to bring to a wisp fight. And may anyone who tries this have a good luck, as a lot of very good luck will be needed to win.

4 Likes

Thats the message that always comes back

You just admitted you are flagging my posts and you are saying that if i am not banned you are gonna leave the forums? And you are going to insult me further with this…

You must be quite desperate for me to be gone… Lol i wonder why

You say i have no evidence that you are flagging all my posts and you are insulted by the accusation and 2 sentences later confirm i am right… Lol well played sir

Lol ok… So everyone can say i am “editing” the stream or something? Nah… Thats alright i tried to help and if it doesnt work for you than fine there is no reason to call me a liar…

I no longer care to try and helpnwith this issue… I gave my strategy which was asked for and thats it… Do with it as you will

And by all means go ahead and continue to call me a liar i really dont care

Vangor dude, for the good of your health just do what you said you were going to do and leave the forum. This is a constant thing that I see almost every day now and it’s getting ridiculous. I do like you but when I said you’re probably not forum compatible I wasn’t joking. Dude, you’ll make yourself ill. I’ve never known anything like this and I’m a member of around 6 active forums atm. Admittedly not many, but over the years I’ve seen all sorts of people arguing but some folks could argue on their own.
Take a break mate.
Regards
Daniel

6 Likes

Try double Borealis and mercy.
I’m out.

For brown team I use psion Dwarven minor, Famine, Elemaugrim Abyssal Banner

Best way to beat Wisp is keep draining their mana.