Wisp counters needed

Gorgo
Tds
Famine
Mab

That’s it bye bye wisp

No I’m not annoyed, not even in the slightest. I even find it funny that you thought my team was a joke.
Sorry if it looked like I was annoyed.

Politeness is not my natural thing. I feel fake when I use it when it’s not needed (and I rarely see it needed). It just fills without giving any information. Have to be ‘not-me’ at work enough already :wink: At home I’m me.

Hm. That works with family and close friends. The rest of the world expects a modicum of politeness. What’s “filler” to you is essential to them, and the few words you waste by adding “please” and “thank you” allow you to avoid typing paragraphs patching things up afterward.

:woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

While absolutely true in America there are places around the world that find politeness, small talk, and general niceties to be dishonest and rude.

I have a irl friend who was born and raised in Hungary who told me that is the way it is in his home country.

Obviously, cultural background dictates the level of politeness required in public discourse. (I’m half-Japanese, and baseline politeness is significantly higher than “American” politeness, for instance.) International communication, which includes communication on this forum, demands a common etiquette. How things are in your neighborhood does not apply.

1 Like

Most of the suggestions here seem to be of the type “be faster than the wisp teams” and/or “be tough enough to withstand them.”

That’s great, if you can swing it. But may I also suggest denial strategies? Transforming / removing red & purple gems from the board does a great job of preventing wisps from casting their spell. In fact, targeted denial teams are pretty strong broadly, if you can identify a good color to deny your opponents.

They’ve been suggested. Krystenax and Mercy make for good denial troops (Mercy being the only semi-reliable denier) but a single 3-match will get the ball rolling for Wisps, so unlike denying colors for Mythics, the strategy is of limited effectiveness with Wisp.

5 Likes

I tried both and imo the team i suggested is better and i got 100% win rate with it

No more excuses people. Plenty of good ideas for Wisp counters have been posted here and discussed. Maybe it’s time to actually start using them. Crazy idea I know.

1 Like

@Ashasekayi , @moons , @Nephilim thank you for mentioning Borealis. Hadn’t considered what a game changer freeze-all would be! Playing around with teams now.

4 Likes

He makes dealing with Wisps and Goblins tolerable. :grin:

1 Like

I find that some good old skull spam works well (Bone Dragon, Sheggra, Keeper of Soul)

Yeah that works:

Wargare Skull spam

Fenrir
Spirit Fox
Forest Guardian
Wulfgarok

Beat wisps today. :grin::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m a big fan of that team but I go:

Fenrir
Forest Guardian
Wulfgarok
Queen Aurora

I am actually considering swapping out Wulfgarok in favor of Spirit Fox, as Wulf often doesn’t do much.

Yeah normally Fenrir with his 100 attack means a team wipe from one Forest Guardian cast, so Wulfgarok is mostly there as a Kraken counter.

Though he does get a lot of cheap devours off especially if the front troop is a staoneskin etc.

Works like a charm, pun intended

I beat the Wisp team a few times with

Psion
Famine
Mercy
Spirit Fox

Just about every troop has the ability to deny Wisps their mana and Famine can often one shot the threats.

Gem spamming is not so charming with Mab on the other side ^^
I already have TDS often backfire me with Mab on the other side. And it only does gems removal. Same with Krys.

I think Wisps aren’t that much problematic if without Mab.
The common Wisps teams I see have Mab. (Third troop is either Kraken or Krys.)

So you fight Wisps that are not Stealthy?

Wisp:

• only 9 mana required to be charged
  • start battle with 75% mana
  • Stealthy troop
  • Magic link for 1 purple mana bonus
  • Remove all positive effects on enemy troops
  • Charm a random enemy
  • Mix the board with a free turn (= high chances to have a new 4x or 5x combo)

Devs, all that is nice but thats not enough! You forgot to add all these:

• Wisp should also give barrier to all ally
  • When Wisp cast, a random enemy should be devoured
  • All enemy troops should be Deathmarked
  • When casting, Wisp should also explode 20 random gems

May I suggest you test a little more the troops you release next time?

7 Likes