Wisp counters needed

Excellent idea of things that should be added to wisp! I would also make it all 6 colors!

2 Likes

I have a about a 90% win rate with it, Mab or not

Freeze.

That is all.

1 Like

Oh they are stealthy, but one of the Wisps is always at the front. Match a skull and Psion drains the Wisp in front, filling up its drain ability halfway. If you have alignment you can cast Mercy to fill up Famine a bit. If you can’t match a skull, and don’t have alignment on purple/yellow, you can drain the first Wisp with Spirit Fox. I used Famine to kill the Krystenax/Kraken first, then Mab, then Wisps. It won’t always work, your opponent can still cascade into mana for the Wisps and go off, but eh, it’s an option that wasn’t really mentioned yet, and so far I did win my battles against the Wisps when I tried out this build.

How do you drain a stealthy Wisp with Spirit Fox?

1 Like

You stun with korvash then you drain that b****

The team he’s talking about doesn’t have Khorvash. It’s Psion, Mercy, Famine, Spirit Fox. I’ve got no problem with the overall strategy, but the only troops you’d be targeting with Spirit Fox are Mab or Krystenax.

Also, if you hit the Wisps with Khorvash, they’d already have no mana, so you wouldn’t need to drain them again.

1 Like

Oh wow, that was a major brainfart. Obviously you can’t target a Wisp with Spirit Fox until the Mab and Krystenax/Kraken are dead :flushed: Can’t believe I didn’t catch that during my games. Probably because I always had a skull to match or purples to convert to yellow?

Anyway, since Spirit Fox is useless for the purpose I put it in the deck for, maybe you could swap in Astral Spirit or Soothsayer instead to prevent your opponent’s Wisps from matching purple? Haven’t tried that though, so this is just theorycrafting.

I’ve had success with Krys x3 and TDS. But them lil buggers are stil annoying as all.

Against wisp and kraken teams, I find that Gorgotha, Krystenax, TDS and Mab does the job well.

I do use TDS to explode - even against FT/kraken teams - as long as key colours are frozen by Mab.

I don’t always choose green with Max, it depends how full and frozen the opponent is. If they’re all frozen I usually choose the colour for maximum damage. If TDS is full then I choose yellow or brown to maximise the next explode.

I put this team together after reading the comments above about how effective dragons are/aren’t against these teams. I’ve just had a 50 match win streak (still unbroken), always picking the 3 trophy match and always using this team against those meta teams. I estimate that about 40 (edit: 40/50, not 40%!) of those battles included wisp, kraken, or both.

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed using double Keghammer. Should remove the Troll right at the start.

What is Gorgotha for? Just tank, or exploding too?

Mainly to stay alive if wisp jumbles result in a lot of skull cascades. He’s also good against psion, as you can ignore skulls while you fill TDS and Krystenax as they don’t share any colours.

You could use Krystenax in first place, rely on stoneskin, and put someone impervious at the bottom to help stop kraken, but I find nax can be squishy especially against true damage dealers.

Edit: I don’t have Elemaugrim, but if I did I could probably lose gorgotha and put Ele in at the bottom instead.

Thank you, I’m going to try it :):grinning:

1 Like

In all honesty, whenever I came against a Wisp/Wisp/Krystenax/Mab or a Kraken/Troll/Kraken/Mab team, I just use the same team against them. It works 90% of the time. Once in a while I will also pull out my Kraken/Alchemist/Hellcat/Kraken team as well, just depends on what color day I am working with.

1 Like

Tried your team, it works great!

1 Like

Thanks, glad it works for you too :grinning:

Mercy is better in the last slot

Alas it hasn’t worked for me. Is there some strategy I should be doing specifically?

So you know what’s more disgusting than 2 wisps — 3 wisps.

Round and round and round they went. :frowning:

They have become the team I hate the most. Famine I have figured out how to actually beat 50% of the time now. But WISPS… gah