Win Rate on the Leadboards

Specifically Sister and Alex. For two people who are level 1000 and consistently in the top ten, is there such a deck that is so high risk high reward?

They’re going for speed, so they’re willing to lose more battles for the sake of playing more total battles (since wins count for far more than losses). It’s just mindless grinding, probably while watching TV.

2 Likes

Okay, so I guess it’s just quitting out of games that seem like they’re taking too long. I suppose that’s optimal although I would feel bad retreating from games I think I can win.

Yeah, probably some quitting due to making bad matches as well as not paying attention to the opponents. I know when I’m in hardcore grind mode I sometimes find myself facing Impervious troops with my Mab team and I’ll just quit out immediately.

1 Like

With the current system, some battles are not worth fighting. If something goes wrong, it’s more efficient to surrender than to continue fighting. And they play very efficient, that’s why they are on top.

1 Like

I can’t imagine wanting to win (and win fast) so badly that I’d purposefully take a loss instead of seeing if I could salvage a victory…

1 Like

That depends on your idea of victory. For the people who fight for the top spots, winning the weekly ranking is more important than winning any individual match.

6 Likes

Sure, I get what you’re saying. I just can’t imagine being “into” that. You’d literally have to play the game every waking hour of ever day to consistently place in the top 10.

To each their own, but I can’t possibly see how that would be fun.

1 Like

There are matches that aren’t worth putting the time into. I just think their amount of losses is due to something else. Anyone rank 1000 losing that many matches is because they either aren’t that great at the game or it could be because they only like facing certain teams and instead of wasting a gem to reroll the opponent, they just load in and retire right away. I run 2 decks, and I don’t even have many kingdoms to 5 star, and I roll over most opponents. I just don’t see that many losses possible if they were actually attempting to get the most point per minute (basically most bang for their buck).

Just my personal opinion of course.

1 Like

Depending of the case it’s much faster to enter a battle, quit, and get a fast win over a team that is worth more points than the loss itself and a victory over the middle option. Like this for example:

Losing 8 points, on the hardest battle, to reload new battles would be preferable than spending time of the middle enemy that is only worth 20. Even counting the loss and assuming that the next hardest enemy is worth also 44 points, maybe a little more or a little less, if you win you would end up with more points of advantage (44 - 8 = 36 > 20)

2 Likes

I get that, I also understand that you can run 2 teams and beat any defense out there (3 if you’re REALLY being careful), and beat them quickly. You have basically 3 teams. First Sooth/Mab/Valk/Mab, which is quick and beats all normal teams (Non-maw, Non-impervious). Then you have your anti-maw team, which usually just means Maw & Mercy, with a combination for skull creation. Then if you’re being safe, you have a anti-full impervious team. Your Anti-maw team will still destroy most impervious teams, unless they are 100% impervious. This is where the 3rd team comes into place, and is usually just some form of true damage (like Sooth/Khorv/Valk/Bat). This is on average will beat all teams in 3 minutes, and is certainly faster to just select a different team, rather then go into the game, quit and then reload. It also results in far less losses (aka points reduced). If you’re level 1000, this is far more optimal.

1 Like

Honestly i just run one team and usually the battle is over in less than three minutes, some can take more but i’m not racing for the top leaderboard. Only on the first day i’m among the top 10ish, but that’s a consequence of my “gold rush”. :slight_smile:

Perhaps but the proofs in the pudding, as they say. Game theory is all fine and good but the current reality is that whatever they are doing is working.

2 Likes

I agree with ogunther, hard to argue with their approach when they are consistently at the top. Good luck to them.

1 Like