Will necromancer hero class get necromancy trait tomorrow for the class event?

Necromancer hero class still doesn’t have necromancy trait.

That is all.

8 Likes

At this time we don’t have any plans to give the necromancer the necromancy trait.

What about taking necromancy from death transferring it to the necromancer. You can give him a new trait like, i dunno, doom maybe?

This is from the company were tomes get a magic boost yet the spell isn’t boosted by magic.

@Tacet couldn’t they just hire you to prevent stupid mistakes?

2 Likes

In all seriousness… I vote for Tacet as a mod. @Saltypatra

I don’t care about forum mods. The developers need ‘mods’ to stop the obvious errors. Way, way too many design flaws that escape notice.

Let’s start with Which dev approved how tomes boost magic so we may help them not to let mistakes like that happen again.

Everytime i look at the tomes i feel irked… Their effects could be literally anything out of inimaginable spells of fantasy settings, even silly stuff like summoning glittering unicorns would still have an appeal.

1 Like

Just made me think of it is all.

Only if you give kudos to the one who made a weapon that actually works well with it’s upgrades.

1 Like

For the first part i think it’s interesting to make a team, or more, similar to the beta-testers, but focused on discussing and offering solutions to all these details, oversights and plain bad designs that were pilling up along the years. In theory we already do that in the forums on a daily basis, but not every suggestion is applicable and we also hardly get any acknowledge about our feedback…

For the second part i think you are getting carried away by your frustration, i hope you can realize this is not your “better self” and eventually calm down. There is literally nothing good to be gained in such state of mind.

+1 to this again…

You are of course correct. I need a nice shiny object to distract myself. Off to find one lol

1 Like

But they have that third trait for souls where you only need 40 match 4/5s to max out your soul counter… only 36 of them if you count getting four kills from battle. Totally a viable way to earn souls, especially low level where it is totally realistic you’d be able to unlock the trait and it is absolutely more efficient than using a Valk or a Banshee or something. Surely they don’t need two souls traits, or they’d be totally OP, right? Right?? /s

Honestly, the Necromancer Legendary trait should be +100% souls from battles and the “Ensoul” match trait as it exists now should just be repurposed and farmed out as a basic trait to various low rarity troops as a filler trait where they might normally get a “bond” or “shield”, because its about on par with those in power and utility. In many instances, I might actually still rather have the bond or shield trait even on my alt that still needs a couple million souls.

8 Likes

Hey Guys,

Jumping in here to reply to 2 points that have been brought up in this thread:

• Why doesn’t the Necromancer class have the Necromancy trait?

• Why did we design the Well-Read talent to give Magic to Tomes?

Why doesn’t the Necromancer class have the Necromancy trait?
The short answer is technical limitations.

Heroes are coded in the game differently to troops (necessarily so, as a Hero’s traits change with class). Due to the way it’s been set up, traits like Necromancy and Merchant have never worked with them. It’s certainly something that could be fixed in future, but for the moment, there have just been higher priority tasks.

Why did we design the Well-Read talent to give Magic to Tomes?
It may seem strange giving Tomes a Magic boost, when the Daemonomicon is the only Magic-scaling weapon (for Summoning). However when we were designing the Talent Systems, we were planning for the ideas and content that will release for the next several years.

This means that while we don’t currently have a Tome that scales off Magic well, we do have some in the future (we actually have one in the works for the next kingdom, for example). We also made sure to offer 3 Talent Trees for each class so if you saw a Talent you didn’t like, or it wasn’t well-supported yet, you would at least have 2 other options to choose from!

TLDR:
• Technical Limitations currently prevent us from giving Heroes Necromancy or Merchant traits
• We plan to release more Tomes in the future that scale off Magic.

21 Likes

This is why I think all future Q & A are best served on the forums. Thanks Nimhain!

Unfortunately, written Q and A’s take significantly more time to produce than the streams, which is why we changed their format.

Still, it was nice to get a peek behind the curtain and an explanation for some confusing decisions in the game. I hope you can convince your more reclusive colleagues to let you publish more information like that.

1 Like

Thank you for addressing the tome question.
But tome of wizardry boosts magic at II IV V for a total of +3 and explodes one gem.
Will things like that get fixed?

2 Likes

Whoa @nimhain is still alive! So cool to hear from you…

1 Like

Thanks for dropping in with that explanation.:smiley_cat: I was one of those people irked by the tome/magic issue. It’s good to know there are some tomes coming that scale with magic.

1 Like