Weapon Feedback: Best and Worst

Since this is a « start of battle bonus » it’s still useless as the level is capped.
So even if a spell reduce the hero magic, it won’t go back up.

Edit:
Ah nevermind, you mean the demon will be level 20 instead of 18 as usual. Still, there is 1 magic tier too much .

Weapons are in ‘beta’.

It’s certainly a good idea and a fair first attempt, but there are dozens of tweaks and changes to be made.
Many weapons are NOT boosted by magic yet has a magic boost for one of the first 5 upgrades.

2 Likes

Yes, hence the feedback.
To see what we think is right and what won’t work.

1 Like

I was thinking about this one and in fact any “add a storm” upgrade… Is it really nice? Because if your team don’t really care of this color aside for the weapon, it seems to be a mistake to have this upgrade…

Which is great, several other weapons don’t though and still have upgrade tiers with magic bonuses and i’d really like to know whether this is something that will be changed or if this will stay this way. Info about that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

The first 2 Red axes you gain Bloody Axe and Axe of Chaos both have Enrage which seems useful for frontline Heroes

1 Like

Storms are a double edged hot potato.
Because they help both sides unless it’s a color the opponent does not need.

So usually it’s best for it’s increased chance of extra turn after an explosion, and better if the color actually fills the exploder.
Infernus is a good exemple, with the fire storm he often loops, or the Azura - Skadi combo meaning Azura just loops.

So on Mountain crusher you get the same effect that the explosion under a dust storm will often create an extra turn and fill the hammer again.
With a Hero Class trait that puts the Hunter Mark, it can be solid (since the double skull damage also applies for exploding skulls)

1 Like

One to be put on the worst: Bullseye = The last Upgrade reduces 2 points of attack from the first enemy. So you have this Epic weapon fully upgraded to be able to reduce 2 points of attack. Wow… just… wow…

I have not listed any of the Mythic weapons because they are all pretty blend.

On one side, I understand not wanting to make the best weapon even better, but right now I don’t think any Mythic is worth spending the ingots.
The most logical is probably Serve and Protect (a never used weapon) since you finally Barrier yourself too, and gain armor.

But Dawnbringer is just better.

Most bows are awful removing green gems on their spells and then creating a Leafstorm…
Some weapons simply would need to be reworked from the basic spell, but i doubt this will happen at all.

Nimhain has commented on it in another thread:

Nimhain commented on a similar but different issue which is why the talent Well-read offers magic for tomes, when all but one of them don’t benefit from magic(the answer in short: it is for future tomes that actually will benefit from magic).

My question is about specific weapons that do not benefit from magic, like Golden Cog for example, but have upgrade tiers on them payed for with ingots, that increase magic to no effect whatsoever.

The main issue is that if you don’t want to use the Dustorm because you change your build, you can’t remove the upgrade…

I upgraded Eternal Flame and sometimes a Yellow gem broke my extra turn… And no way to get refund…

There is a talent for using tomes. Im curious to know if anybody using tomes, they look very weak explode 1 gem? Meh

Yeah, the “create one gem” upgrades are pretty much universally bad and a mistake to purchase. They turn predictable spells unpredictable; and even the semi-unpredictable Eternal Flame can be negatively impacted, as you point out.

I made the mistake to level up this weapon because I have enough ingots and I didn’t think twice about this yellow gem creation…

@Saltypatra, is there a way to get refund? :slight_smile:

On my part I do like it on my Fire and Ice

After completing a few weapons, I can officially say that the Death Knell is my favorite.
Your hero basically becomes a Goblin.
Damage, then damage, then 1 or 2 explosions.
Very nice.

1 Like

Nice post!

Fire Ruby Staff is good, don’t you think so? Traits are good, but for Vital.