Why spend all the time on the arena revamp just to code it to screw over the players?

I agree if you get a complete trash team you get the full reroll but even with half decent troops or one good troop if you handle board control usually can make it through pretty fast and painless. I like that the balance of troops scaling gets you to use troops that at high levels just don’t make the cut but in arena they are godlike. I don’t believe there is any weighting to troops based on colours and not allowing synergy because often I get plenty of synergy or not mana blocked but other times I don’t. It is just rng and sometimes it works in your favour sometimes not so much. Either way if you are good at board control and try to keep mana from their strongest troops or focus on getting your kings of arena up faster then it is easy even if your team isn’t the best it is how you make use of it.

1 Like

Ich vermeide es generell Arana zu spielen weil der Gegner einfach zu sehr im Vorteil ist: Ein Gorbil der mit jedem Zug eine Einheit frisst oder ein Uhrwerkritter der sich bis zur Unsterblichkeit hochlevelt ist mir einfach zu doof. Bei Kampagnen setze ich lieber Edelsteine ein als mich mit diesem Unfug zu befassen !

Gotta agree here. I don’t remember the last time I played Arena. I absolutely despise it. Takes way too long and synergy is non-existent… or maybe I’m just not good at drafting teams. Either way, it isn’t fun for me, so I don’t play it :grimacing:

3 Likes

Addiction perhaps

For me it is the 3 extra gem deals a day and beyond that all the trophies. 50 per 6 battle wins in an arena match. But I am also one of those who enjoy the challenge this mode presents. Unfortunately I still have a few classes to level and stuff so I have to do other modes as well. Don’t get enough gold and no medals or class xp in arena.

Current arena is one of the best parts of Gems of War. Rock Worm, as any worm, can sometimes take out an entire team on it’s own by the way. You put Tuskor in front and together with Plainsjumper you have a great team. You even have all colors with Court Jester who also fills your mana and fills Plainsjumper, which makes it an excellent team. Maybe you just can’t play. Or you had some really bad luck.

2 Likes

Honestly this is what came to my mind firstly aswell. Gimme Court Jester and any red troop and I will breeze through the battles. :man_shrugging:t2:

Maybe there isn’t a reason to be rude.

Lots of players don’t like or enjoy arena at all, no matter what the few arena enjoyers say.

1 Like

Yep. If someone has the opposite opinion of you. Clearly it’s their fault. Not the subject matter. Noted.

1 Like

Why are you so angry at everyone who replies and isn’t 100% on your side? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread you engage with where you didn’t snap at people who had a different opinion or who where just trying to be helpful.

If you don’t want any input from others, write tickets or DMs to the devs. Then you won’t have to deal with other forum users.

I’m not on the “maybe you don’t know how to play” side, either- I think we could all treat each other with some more respect. Doesn’t make sense to complain about devs lacking respect and then being no different.

Since you wrote this in an open forum here’s my 2 cents:

I happen to like Arena, not trolling.

I’m not happy about the troop selection structure, though, and sometimes even a great team won’t work. But the latter is the same for GW, too. Or pvp to an extend. So that doesn’t bother me too much.

I’d like to see all troops at once as it has often been proposed, and/or an undo selection button. We might still end up with shitty teams but that would be something at least.

If my team sucks, I’ll just start over again because my time is too precious to bother with an annoying mess. It’s still just a way to deal with something that very obviously isn’t designed very well.

Arena revamp was minimal effort tbh. Probably took them about 5 minutes to come up with, and it doesn’t seem like they cared much.

5 Likes

If you read that as an angry reply then… literally…Wow.

Either you’re trolling or too sensitive for me to even talk to you. Sorry if that feels like an insult. But Jesus.

He insulted me. I tried to take the high road (with just a lil dash of sarcasm). Yet you then decide to try and inflame the situation by picking at it.

For what purpose? That’s a 100% a rhetorical question. Because again … Either you’re too sensitive or you’re trolling. Either way this will be the last reply you ever see pointed in your direction.

Good day.

You’re just proving my point.

I’m not even talking about one specific person but your general way of treating people - including myself just now.

It’s really funny you think that I’m the sensitive one.
You’re the one thinking everyone is out there to get you, insult you, troll you… The level of projection is unreal.

Do you think I’ll be sad if you’ll never comment again on anything I say? Dude, I’ll be relieved. 99 out of a 100 times it would be condescending anyway so thanks for sparing me. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

I’m sure others have mentioned this, but you should learn which troops can carry an arena run, if you don’t get one of these troops mulligan or redraft. It costs very little gold to do.

2 Likes