Why not Vault event instead of Arena

Honestly, both events are fatally flawed, and if the game was balanced right, no event should be a break time and no event should cause a lack of sleep.

The Vault Event gives way too many resources that it almost doesn’t feel worth playing outside of it. The “economy” is also balanced around participation in the Vault Event, making it much harder to have nice things outside of the Vault Event. As such, you’re almost expected to overplay during those days as most players won’t see anywhere near that much progress otherwise.

Meanwhile, the Arena Event could/should have had a similar effect, but they were so conservative with their prize pool and valor requirements that its just not worth the effort. Imagine if each full run of the Arena gave a random reward from a reward pool. That’s basically what it would be like if it was structured like the Vault Event.

Admittedly, you still wouldn’t be able to get some people to play Arena even if they 10x the reward.

1 Like

Idea.
Add a new type of currency as prize on Arena Event. A dungeon sigil. Is given when specific total of arena valor are hit.

Dungeon Sigils = it gives a new run on Dungeon :hugs:

1 Like

cmon. we all choose to play or not play. Its that simple a choice

1 Like

You’d think so, but for players with addiction issues/tendencies it might not be that simple. A weekend without a real incentive to grind might be just what they need.

2 Likes

We don’t need “more vault events”. Easy enough (for new players) to get resources as is.

Just arena needs a rework to finally be a worthwile event that is also fun to play. Rewards need to get a big buff to make playing the event in current state worthwile. Trroop rng selection sucks, mostly because some troops just are downright shit while others are overpowered af. The imbalance is just awful.

I would further much more like to see a treasure hunt weekend event but with some actual good rewards for completing x amount of treasure hunts with 60+ moves or something similar. So many people with thousands of unused treasure maps lying around. It is a shame.

1 Like

That would have to be some damn good rewards to just break even compared to other game modes. And if we add in the fact, that treasure hunts are no fun at all… I’d say, if the starting tier is not at least cursed gnome bait and gets better from there, I’d ignore it.

No hope for (or worries about) it anyhow. They dropped event pet replay saturdays, because the schedule left no more room for it. The calendar is filled up. If anything new comes in, then it will be something, that has potential to burn gems.

P.S.:

I know, it is not relevant for any but the youngest guilds, but 50 trophies for a full arena run may be the best rate for time spent, you get in the game.

‘dragonite’, ‘writs’… maybe ‘cursed runes’, ‘verses’ - just some examples - as someone posted in another thread.

yeah, my hopes for any changes regarding this gamemode are also nonexistent. may it be due to devs not even learning about such ideas because it isn’t a priority ^^, or not knowing how to process it and change things into a playable gamemode or whether they’re just not caring about it. many ways lead to rome so this won’t ever be a thing. :wink:

The game has ‘developed’ to the point where I see less and less reason to play. The cash push is relentless despite the economic crisis. Anyone who doesn’t see and abhor such capitalist greed is blind.
EDIT
and also, if the current absence of the entire company is down to Jewish holidays then consider that in the 2021 census less than 0.5% of Aussies are recognised as Jews. So if they recognise Jewish holidays then so does the whole country.

That seems oddly racist. Is that just me?

Why do you bring up Jews here after talking about greed?

How is quoting a census racist?

It was probably an unfortunate mix of two statements that accidentally formed a racist trope (Jews, greed).

You probably didn’t mean it that way if you don’t know what I’m talking about. My apologies.

No problem and thanks. I never intended any potential inflammatory remarks on either. But I appreciate your acknowledgement :+1: