Where are the cosmetic pet Saturdays?

There’s already a new one scheduled for the Wednesday.

One or both old pets returning on neighboring weekends would be appreciated.

2 Likes

For those of us who don’t/won’t purchase the campaign pass, it would be nice to see Uncalico Jack come back around. Leonis Empire is at the point where that cosmetic pet is required for kingdom power levels. I’m sure I’m not the only one roadblocked by that lack, though I suspect that there are also people who are blocked earlier in the chain by not having the delve done to 2500 renown.

But I guess Uncalico Jack is probably a “mid-September” sort of thing? If it’s going to happen at all?

Sooo, Vault Saturday is safe. July 4th will be soon. Now can we get a pet rescue for Lil Bang? Or at least an answer in general?

End gamers have so few achivements to chase anyway. Pretty please?

When was the last cosmetic pet Saturday? Seems like a while.

May 22 - Mask-supial

Didn’t the devs promise that would never be the case, or am I getting confused? Can anyone back me up on that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I believe that has been said (although I can’t be bothered to track down where they stated that, right now.)

Even if you get the campaign pet for Leonis (Lamplet), it is still a cosmetic itself, which throws that whole statement out the window anyways. They could add 2 more standard pets in the future, but probably won’t.

I found notes from a stream earlier this year where the devs said paid WEAPONS won’t be requires. Nothing about cosmetic pets. Not sure if they said anything at another time.

3 Likes

You could (temporarily) address the issue by moving Bright Beetle from Primal to Leonis, but that only works as a fix until such time as kingdoms start reaching 27 stars – for which there is a requirement of 4 pets at Level 20.

There just aren’t enough non-cosmetic pets for this to not be an issue eventually. Even if you assume every kingdom gets one kingdom-related boost pet and one delve-related boost pet, there aren’t 34 different racial types – not to mention that something like a Gnome boost pet makes the most sense to be assigned to The Vault – and there are a limited number of pets that boost particular masteries, resource farming, et cetera.

A more permanent solution would be to find a way to get cosmetic pets into the hands of players in other ways. Personally, I wouldn’t be averse to buying them the way pets occasionally appear in Daily Deals, even if you doubled the cost to “encourage” players to purchase them upon release. Or maybe they can be in the pool of pool of potential rescues during a Vault weekend, perhaps substituted for the regular pool in its entirety over those three days, as a way to get players to participate more in that vein.

Any way you slice it, this is something the developers ought to be addressing. Sooner rather than later now that it’s an issue, even if a lot of players won’t encounter it for now because maxx’ing the related delve is a trial.

2 Likes