What does everyone think of the class event?

Looked at it. Skipped it. *shrug* This one’s a swing and a miss, as far as I see it, which is really unfortunate for something that should have highlighted and celebrated the major class upgrades. But, alas.

3 Likes

I was hoping they would show more creativity, instead of breaking out the cookie cutter to make “new content” that really does not feel new. Feels like everything else they have added lately. Their gem value is WAAAY off. a tiny chunk of class exp is not worth that many gems…

4 Likes

I feel like the reason the tiers’ gem price are way too high because of addition of random type-focus troop drops. They seem to calculate price for one troop as 15 gems, same as Event keys, except it not quite right, as although they target troop type, Event keys don’t drop lower than Ultra-Rare, which make the tiers more familiar to 20K guild chest, which is tricky to put appropriate gem price on.

The small-to-nonexistent lucky Mythic drop in each tiers seem to inflate the price too much. It’s the same problem in Raid/Invasion. Bounty is not affected by this as it only drop Rare Bounty troops.

1 Like

Says the person who likely spent 1500 gems on Snow Bunny when it showed up in the event. :laughing:

3 Likes

Okay, I admit I did spend a bit on the Snow Bunny…next to the first raid/invasion, that was indeed the only time I spent something in the shops. I got the Snow Bunny to legendary.

But, you know, for a bunny, which is a priceless-because-best animal, even those outrageous store prices seem pretty cheap. Bunnies are worth a million gems!:rabbit::triumph:

2 Likes

I can respect that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I completely forgot about the time when the devs were suggesting that (a very few) people wanted a way to target an event kingdom’s common and rares. I guess Raids and these class events do that.

Seeing how this turned out, I’m glad we didn’t get what some of the people wanted in event chests. Sheesh.

2 Likes

Oh a new pet idea! :fireworks:

1 Like

I really hope that devs will get enough gems from this event so that they can remove the gem fee :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes

This event is not worthwhile at all if you don’t use a hero class. Spending no gems, winning every fight, and killing every Valraven let me obtain the first 4 rewards. I believe that’s 50 dragonguard experience and a handful of gems. I also got 2 experience per battle for the titan class I was using, so 40 titan experience for the 20 battles. If you don’t use a hero class, you’re getting exp at roughly the same rate as pvp, where you’d probably be earning more gold. The idea of spending gems on more sigils is laughable.

In the future, I’ll do these if I have nothing better to do. Gems are always welcome. But if I run short on play time, I won’t feel bad about passing it up.

1 Like

Compared to daily tasks it’s not that bad: for 20 battles, you get 25 gems.
Still faster than the 75-battles daily taskfor 30 gems :wink: .

Vaguely fun to do. Using my Assassin with a bunch of dragons to earn Dragonguard experience made no sense. Damned if I’m paying 50 gems to swap class though. Ever.

No reason to spend gems on sigils whatsoever…

2 Likes

There’s nothing I enjoy more than…
People complaining about people complaining.
It just makes me all…:person_shrugging:… Inside.

7 Likes

I didn’t mean to complain, but I am tire of players complaining about NOTHING.
The devs are adding new content all the time to keep this game fresh and alive.
An online game needs new content to keep players coming back for more.
That sets ONLINE games apart from COMPUTER games or board/box games which you expect to be complete from the start.

Many ONLINE games have been abandoned by the devs and left to die a slow death: Everquest, Everquest 2, DC Universe, to name a few come to mind.

All these devs are doing is to trying to keep this game new and fresh.
At the beginning of this game, there were only about a dozen kingdoms. You would buy a key for 1000 gold and got 3 troops. And you did battles with what you got. A simple Match 3 game concept taken in a new direction. And there was only PvP where you use gold to refresh the list.
Back then, your troops could only lvl and nothing else. No traits, no ascendance.
No events, no Treasure Hunts, No Soulforge, none of these things.
Gems 3 years ago is version 1.0. This game is so different now like it is almost a completely new game. Which in many ways IT IS!.

So if players don’t like CLASS Events: DON’T DO THEM.

If players don’t like Treasure Hunts: DON’T do them.

However, if you don’t like something but feel a new addition as potential, give ideas how to improve it. Help the devs to know what you want and like.

1 Like

This topic is about giving feedbacks about the new Class event.
A majority of players who posted seems to not like this Event, not our fault.

Both your posts are completely out-of-topics… You should write a new one about “Too much complainers on this forum” :wink: .
And, better than giving lessons to others, why not giving your point of view about the Class Event? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

People do give suggestions. Such as this suggestion to remedy your angst:
I ask that you now take some of your own advice…
If you don’t like negative feedback… Then don’t read it. :grinning:
Telling the devs what you love and like is great but not really productive. Considering they must already like things… Otherwise they wouldn’t be in the game.
Negative feedback helps them figure out what changes the players wants.
Fun fact - Happy players spend more money than unhappy players.

So the devs want to know what makes us unhappy, in hopes of making us and their game… BETTER.

18 Likes

I’m actually quite happy it DOESN’T have a NEW WEAPON not obtainable otherwise. With all the gem sinks recently added, being able to skip this one without eventually regretting it (*cough* kingdom stars *cough*) feels like a relief.

I got 22 fights (really that many?) out of my free sigils, earning 25 gems. Works for me. Maybe the next event introduced will be designed in a way to target more than a small group of players.

3 Likes

I think most of the active forum players are most likely end-game variety. We struggle to remember that any newbie will appreciate the new class event. And we are a bunch of complainers as well… Really the amount of threads to nerf this and that and being negative needs changing.

I personally felt it is a free event to those who have levelled their class… If you want to pay, go for it. But definitely geared towards early to mid gamers.

2 Likes

The event itself doesn’t even help new/mid-game players. The enemies scale highly and was starting to get interesting at the end of the free sigils. I could only imagine the struggles of new players without the troops and without good hero weapons. This doesn’t help early to mid gamers unless you count throwing a lot of gems at the shop, which I dont think counts as helping at all as its just extra hero benefits vs more actual power to win with.

4 Likes

I guess I got lucky with valravens, because tier 3 got me all 8 rounds and the minor orb. 250 gems not bad for the loot I got.

1 Like