Weird Sphynx bug

To avoid duplicate threads about what is probably the same (bunch of) bug(s), I’m reviving this here thread and also linking to the other similar one that took place in between (War Sphinx Strangeness) instead of creating a third one. Hope that’s okay.

Current Bug:

Arena game (duh). The AI (not me) had just used the War Sphinx (/Sphynx)'s spell, when…

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I was expecting him to jumble the board, gain an extra turn, play it, and then let me finish him off.

Instead, he Destroyed the World ™ Abhorat style, gained an extra turn, but simply stopped playing. It’s the AI’s turn, but it won’t play it, so I’m stuck.

I can’t even hit “Retreat”, actually, since it’s not my turn. All I can do is close the game aggressively, it seems.

Note that the screen/game doesn’t appear to be frozen. I can move the cursor around, though I can’t click on anything. And the little triangle pointer at the top showing whose turn it is is still actively dangling to show that it’s the AI’s turn to play. It’s just that the AI won’t make a move.

What are the steps to make it happen again?

Face an opposing line-up that includes a Sphynx and wait until you get unlucky and the bug procs? I’m not sure if the fact that it’s the last troop standing, or that he’s at the bottom, or anything else plays a part, honestly. First time this ever happens to me, but since there were similar reports in the past (although all the others played him themselves, so they didn’t get stuck), I’m hoping this will help identify the issue and eventually fixing it.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

So, as you can see, it’s still his turn, but he won’t budge. So it looks like I’m actually going to have to take a freaking loss when I’m in such a dominant position, solely due to this bug… :slight_frown:

Could you please review and advise? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes