War in the North

I’m fairly certain the Dwarven Slayer in-game has a text issue. The game files say it does 50 damage always, but the spell effect (if I am interpreting it correctly) is that it should do “[Magic + 40]” damage. Your teaser image above has it at 45, but that could never happen with the strings as they are. As well, it’s not localized to any language but English (the strings in the other language files are English). @Sirrian, @Nimhain, did you forget to upload the new text payload perchance?

I’ve tried a clean reinstall of my client to see if it’d clear up, but it hasn’t.

1 Like

We’ve put a fix out for Dwarven Slayer’s spell text. It should be displaying correctly now.

2 Likes

Maybe it procced the summon for you? For me it did not, so there was nobody left alive.

Northrender isn’t as tanky as the Hero with Farsight Orb, but that chill touch is interesting.

I’m excited to use Dwarven Slayer in a summon-based team.

Dokkalfar, in particular, needs a reliable hole in the MIDDLE of your team to work well. Dwarven Slayer IS that hole!

Something like:

1 - ?? (tanky, maybe green or blue mono troop?)

2 - Dwarven Slayer (to become Giant Spider later)

3 - Yellow/Green or Yellow/Blue troop…

4 - Dokkalfar

3 Likes

New Troop: Dwarven Slayer

Slayer? This supposed to be the demolition squad

3 Likes

I have settled on a team I call “Elves & Dwarf”

• Dark Maiden
  • Dwarven Slayer
  • Tyri
  • Dokkalfar

Abyssal banner -1 yellow, +2 purple, +1 red.

2 Likes

not a bad team i must say.

I can hear it “weeee’ve got explosions!”

and i hear “explosions?” in a borderlands TORGUE voice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to say so but these two troops are really terrible gameplay-wise.
A wasted opportunity to freshen up Stormheims arsenal and to make humans and dwarfs more interesting and functional as teams.

1 Like

I’m not sure why Humans get such a raw deal in this game. No Legendaries, a bunch of lackluster Epics (Anointed One notwithstanding) and a bunch of throwaway Commons. And Alchemist. Really, of the 19 Humans, only one sees common, active use.

2 Likes

I quite like Elwyn…

1 Like

Did you go to the recent Elwyn Appreciation Society annual dinner?

I heard that both the attendees really liked it…

8 Likes

Well if both were there, he obviously went…

Not necessarily, he may not be a member yet! …and that society could do with all the members it can get, I guess…

1 Like

What’s not to like? As a fellow metal-head and a well versed guitarist I fully support both Elwyn’s and all of Krystarian’s deity’s (who’s names I can’t be bothered to remember) given rights to bang out those power cords and shred this cold, lost world into what will be, bliss for some… And oblivion to others.

If Elwyn could himself give his own thoughts on the matter the would likely be…

“I’m just you average run-of-the-mill, take-no-prisoners shred-head who deeply longs to 'Rock ‘n Roll All Night… And Party Every Day,’ and for those who really want to know my true purpose… ‘I, Am, Elwyn… And I’ve Come To Kick Your Ass.’”

-no worries mates, normally the ego deflates after only 20 minutes of going through life after getting off stage and wrapping up the after party.

-This little ditty was found in th Cellar…
Here if you need me

1 Like