Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (in 4.7)

Of the proposed new tasks, it seems like the tasks for ingots and chaos shards are drawing the most flak. (The treasure troop tasks aren’t far behind, but if those are biased towards UR or greater treasures, I think people would stomach them.)

I think this change would go down a lot more smoothly if those two tasks were swapped for gem and event key tasks (the two resources hit hardest by the AB and 4.7 changes).

2 Likes

The other colors aren’t much better. For what it’s worth.

It’d be very helpful if we knew the total rewards from completing each task set. The treasure troop task, for example, could be totally useless or a kind of gold-saver, if it has enough high value treasures to quickly upgrade hoards. The two ways to max a faction (currently) are spending about 4k gems in an event, or spending [math] gold getting your hoard to 250-300. If you give me 100 sacred treasures a year, I can skip faction events and save thousands of gems.

And yeah, the fact that they’re dead-end resources is an issue in the long run. That’s a very fair criticism.

It would take some of the sting out, but then it wouldn’t be cough “balancing” cough the economy as much.

2 Likes

I think a few beta testers here who have access to 4.7 hinted about the total rewards from epic guild tasks. They obviously can’t give more specific numbers and totals (probably as part of the rules of being a beta tester) but their posts give the impression that it is underwhelming.

Confirm underwhelming. Gotta multiply the rewards by 3 or 5 or something to make it “worth” doing, and at that point we’ll still not want to do half of them because of what the content is.

6 Likes

Most of them are very bad as they aren’t future proofed in the slightest.

Gems, Gem Keys, Event Keys, Glory Keys, Souls will forever have a use, even if Souls aren’t the most exciting thing ever.

What happens when you finish every main kingdom delve and upgrade them to 15?

Writs become useless
Chaos Shards become useless
Treasure become useless (especially now there’s less gold to actually spend on using treasure)

Tokens are future proofed. Fair
Pet Food is future proofed, but there’s only an artificial shortage because they shortchanged giving players food for faction pets when factions are completed. Without this, pet food wouldn’t be needed.
Ingots are basically like souls where its useless, but Legendary and Mythic Ingots technically have a use, even if people already have a good supply of them.

Even if Kingdom Power is extended past 15, making writs useful for a longer period, it still only has a finite life span (even if it is 10 years as an arbitrary number).

What about Chaos Shards and Treasures? Why are players expected to pay gold to an eventual useless excess resource?

4 Likes

@TheIdleOne I think I agree with your points overall, but I do have a question
What is the use of ingots - Legendary and Mythic?
(I still need Epics, but have a pile of unused Legendary and Mythics which is only growing)

1 Like

nothing. but at least they keep putting out new Legendary weapons. Mythic ingots aren’t future proofed yet/actually. so whoops.

Cool - just wanted to check I was not missing something
Right now I would consider a downgrade option for those ingots even if the rate was terrible - but based on things like souls and orbs of growth I guess they will just sit in the pile…

Good approach: “We’ve added rewards for everybody playing around the clock”
Bad approach: “We’ve removed rewards for everybody not playing around the clock”

5 Likes

Maybe epic tasks should all be converted to tokens. At least we could use all the things.

3 Likes

Or they can be changed to ‘epic’ dailies on the Adventure board.
Making them optional for people who want/need them (people who requested these).

2 Likes

I’m copying this from the other thread in case anyone didn’t see it.

2 Likes

I just wish these were how reactions were in American politics Lol
Game resources: if we a can’t ALL have it noone should
Real life: if u can’t afford basic needs,it’s your fault and problem

(Not saying everyone here posted is American)

2 Likes

Sorry for repeating myself, but 4.7 is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. :woman_facepalming::no_good_woman:

4 Likes

While it holds some water, I personally find it hard to imagine a situation where what we’re about to get might be beneficial to anybody…okay, the jury is still out on writs (since they’re something totally new) and, somewhat, pet food but, as for the rest, already existing means of obtaining that stuff are way more effective than upcoming epic tasks.
That is, unless substantial amount of high level rewards is involved, which is very unlikely given that “starting rewards will be greater value” and seeing starting rewards in teaser picture…

For now, I fail to see how “this will be a small re-balance of the economy, trading keys for other resources”. It looks like a total killer for…well, everybody?
I doubt any sane player would trade keys for this.

2 Likes

Pretty sure you will get better gem value out of your gold, from buying gold keys with gold…compared to the new tasks. 15k for 50 chests. You’ll get gems and glory with your gold, and even traitstones…not the useless items in these new tasks.

And to add, a new player would find these resources far more useful as well.

That’s a bit less of a concern at this point IMO…we’re literally years away from higher-rarity treasure troops and deeds being worthless; the game will could adapt and let us convert these resources, find new uses for them, or just be over lol.

If anything, that’s an argument for deeds and treasure troops not existing, and simply allowing us to use gold alone to perform their functions…:thinking:

Anyway, forgetting about epic tasks for a moment, I think players would take the chance to buy higher-rarity treasure troops and deeds for gold (in, say, a gold shop akin to the existing glory shop). I don’t think anybody would spend gold on ingots in such a shop (except maybe for epic ingots), and they definitely wouldn’t spend gold on chaos shards.

That’s very optimistic considering most of the game being the complete opposite of that mentality over time.

3 Likes