Upcoming Changes

I didn’t say all, I just said “people”. I never claimed it was a majority. Though I’ve seen complaints about it in a number of other places other than the forums. (@Saltypatra can probably give you a better overview of other social media’s responses). Personally I’m ambivalent about the change, as I don’t run into Death Mark all that often at my level.

1 Like

As far as I can see after what @Saltypatra wrote in the OP it looks like they have already decided to change the death mark status effect. So it is pretty much done… I do not need or want anymore information about this change.

1 Like

I’m happy about the nerf death mark is the stupidest thing in the game I would rather it was just removed completely.

10 Likes

Disagree, it’s a really cool spell, that tense moment where you wonder if the opposition will die or even worse that moment when you get a dm and you’re constantly fearing the worst! No other spell provides this tension and suspense. Devour is more annoying imo.
I can’t really believe that such a small minority of people can influence the development team to this degree. I find this extremely worrying.

5 Likes

I see that the movement that wants a 100% win rate instead of 99% win rate continues…In the end we have no status effects that is worthy, all is useless…

1 Like

I will try to hang around, but this deeply disappoints me…

3 Likes

I feel that if they are going to delay death mark to give people a chance to counter it, then they should also slightly increase the chances of it triggering to balance it out.

But honestly, I’m surprised to see nerfs announced before the first week of guild wars is even complete, when a consistent meta hasn’t even been established yet. Troops like Great Maw and Bone Dragon were allowed to dominate the meta for months before the devs took action, and right now I’m not seeing Courage or Deathmark really dominating in that way.

9 Likes

Spot on. Sensible thinking and comment.

Deathmark is fine as it is, ZERO changes is needed.

Why do we even discuss it, its already announced that the change will come.
Im pretty much done for today…

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I would also like to see Deathmark stay as-is. I don’t regularly use troops that inflict DM but I think it adds a lot of tension and its always nice to have more layers of strategy to consider.

+1 to your proposal to nerf DK instead of DM.

4 Likes

Thanks, but sadly its too late to pick any sides… The changes has already been announced that they will come…

1 Like

I don’t care about win rate when Famine keeps draining me I retreat even if I had a chance of winning. I just find instantly killing troops stupid. Freeze is still a really good status effect.

3 Likes

If you really believed that, you wouldn’t bother saying it.

I’m gonna put that on an inspirational poster.

2 Likes

maybe we need a kind of barrier for status effect. since barrier didn’t stop status effect.

1 Like

Since death marking 4 enemies guaranteed 1-2 kills on the first turn, I can see why people don’t like the change. But it makes Death knight mandatory for your defense team in Guild wars.

You can prevent any other troop from killing your troops, but you can’t prevent Death knight from killing 1-2 of your troops unless you kill it last, Stun him, or get an extra turn after you kill and have mercy ready. Though there is that rare time when no troops die on turn one.

4 Likes

Glad to see a nice buff to cleansing units, giving them some ability to deal with Deathmark before it goes off. I’ve seen too many losses of the cleanser plus another troop before it could be removed.

I think all statuses should “tick” at the end of the troop’s turn that has the status applied. Poison, burn, everything, should have the ability to be countered before they activate, because the implementation of this this game doesn’t have any ability to have reactionary cleansers. There are also no buff that can be granted to prevent the application of a status to a troop, like a barrier for statuses.

2 Likes

Impervious?

Oh, I agree. I don’t have a problem with Deathmark as is. Was just throwing out an idea, because I don’t want to see the game’s difficulty watered down too much.

2 Likes

Well, Its already decided. But we try, what do we try, I think we are just deeply disappointed in their decision…

not that. temporary buff that works like barrier i mean. sorry for the confusion.